Conquer Club

active players

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

active players

Postby benga on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:52 am

How many clans are there that have more than 20 active players?

osa has less than 20 and I think most clans do.
this site is slowly dying, each year we have less clans.
is there a need to add more competitions?
ts, ra dropping out, most clans struggling to get games on time...
Sergeant benga

Re: active players

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 am

LHDD has 17 players at the moment ( with 1 freemium and 2 half active players).
But it's better than it was at the beginning of the CL8 when we had some of the active players on a break. I see bright future for us and we are recruiting :)

I agree with you on the competitions, and I hope competitions would be less demanding and more understanding of clans leader that haven't so much time to take of their clans.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby The_Samurai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 am

RET has a total of 38 players.

25 of them are active but with different max game load obviously, while another 5 players have taken a break from CC due to real life issues, but are staying in touch via PM, skype, Facebook etc, and are therefore most likely to return. The remaining 8 members have left the site without informing us and are therefore unlikely to return.
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby josko.ri on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 am

S&M has 29 active players, more than ever (all Premiums). Recently several of them got back from break. We are eager for new competitions.

In CL8 32 players played for us in total, but Rodion, osujacket and Wild_tiger took a break from CC.

Furthermore, we always try to include all 29 players in new round of the competition we are playing. In CL8 there were 25 slots so every time some players needed to be excluded. In CCup vs RET all 29 active players got minimal 3 games required for medal.

Furthermore, a player with the most games played from S&M in CL8 is kjg21 with only 38 games played. Compared to some other top clans that is quite few, for example Donelladan played 64 and rockfist played 58, while games in S&M are spread throughout the whole clan.
Major josko.ri

Postby xroads on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:08 am

Honestly I think the hardest task for clans is having enough MOW to set up all the matches.

When there are several matches going on, it can take a person a couple hours every other week, or even more. That is a lot to ask of someone who just wants to have fun on the site.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:54 am

We generally sit @ ~25 active, if we lose someone we pick someone up. It hasn't been to difficult, it's always been hard even a few year ago and I find it roughly the same difficulty now.
Recruitment has never been my cup of tea, so I was nice when chap was around it something he was good at and liked.
I would echo someone else above, it's less about players and more about lack of MOW's for events etc. we have eager players for more games but I'm to busy to run more wars / events.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:12 am

36 in the clan, 8 'on breaks', so 28 active, 6 sharing the MOW responsibilities fairly evenly.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Keefie on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:12 pm

22 active, 2 away and 2 being signed up this weekend.

There's still loads of good players out there if approached in the right way. Just need to make the effort to get them.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Keefie wrote:22 active, 2 away and 2 being signed up this weekend.

There's still loads of good players out there if approached in the right way. Just need to make the effort to get them.

There are some old Myth players that are not in clans that are under-the-radar.
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 am

EGAD as stabilized at 30 ... all Active except 1 who announcet hiatus from now until august ... but the rest are good!
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:55 am

TOFU has around 20 (it depends what you call "active" as we have some "active" that take only the occasional game or two...if those count we are over 20 if not then in the upper teens.)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby benga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 am

if this all is true then wtf is wrong with all other clans?
we are engaged in RL, CL, CC, MC, CR@W and we even had a side war

xroads wrote:Honestly I think the hardest task for clans is having enough MOW to set up all the matches.

When there are several matches going on, it can take a person a couple hours every other week, or even more. That is a lot to ask of someone who just wants to have fun on the site.

if this is the sole reason then it's easy one to solve, adjust the calendar so we have evenly distributed games over the year
Sergeant benga

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am

Not everyone wants to spend the same amount of time on the game/clan/site.

We could not match OSA's schedule for games, wars, matches played and if we tried it would not be fun for us and we would wind up losing a lot.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 am

benga wrote:if this all is true then wtf is wrong with all other clans?

xroads wrote:Honestly I think the hardest task for clans is having enough MOW to set up all the matches.

if this is the sole reason then it's easy one to solve, adjust the calendar so we have evenly distributed games over the year

For us, the game load isn't the issue. I could probably sign up to every event and a pick up war and still have the guys willing to take games. It's how much time / people do we have able and willing to organize. As my work load is clan leader + CD, the events and wars are much less than what we "could" be doing simply because a lot more of my time is being spent on the volunteer side of things atm.

But this year we did sign up for CC, CL, RL, MC, POLY + CR@W as well, but the quality of organization suffered when I got to busy. Even with CL finishing up, we have the players interested in 1vs1 but no one to organize because I need to lower what I've taken on organizationally. Thankfully poly will be over soon, and I can just focus on CC and MC for awhile.
Someone else runs RL and CR@W for FALL. I probably won't take anything else on other than CC+CL at least until CR@W completes. So our activity will be based on whether someone can organize for it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:28 am

IcePack wrote:

For us, the game load isn't the issue. I could probably sign up to every event and a pick up war and still have the guys willing to take games. It's how much time / people do we have able and willing to organize. As my work load is clan leader + CD, the events and wars are much less than what we "could" be doing simply because a lot more of my time is being spent on the volunteer side of things atm.

But this year we did sign up for CC, CL, RL, MC, POLY + CR@W as well, but the quality of organization suffered when I got to busy. Even with CL finishing up, we have the players interested in 1vs1 but no one to organize because I need to lower what I've taken on organizationally. Thankfully poly will be over soon, and I can just focus on CC and MC for awhile.
Someone else runs RL and CR@W for FALL. I probably won't take anything else on other than CC+CL at least until CR@W completes. So our activity will be based on whether someone can organize for it.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People dont realize how much time and effort goes into setting up matches, especially when a new round starts every week, or every other week. Then you have to make sure you are following the rules for each different war/league.
Major xroads

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:43 am

xroads wrote:
IcePack wrote:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People dont realize how much time and effort goes into setting up matches, especially when a new round starts every week, or every other week. Then you have to make sure you are following the rules for each different war/league.

Poly is especially bad for us. As rock mentioned we have around 20 players and we will have 20 home sets, 20 awaysets. Some players have a very specific skillset and would prefer not to play a set they will 80% lose regardless of drop or dice, simply because of the settings. Others will signal that they will play any set, as far as gameload allows to, but can only play 2 sets. There have been times when I preferred to just forfeit some sets instead of playing them (without naming which, of course).

In addition to this, TOFU (and other top clans) strife to get very far in the tournaments they play. In CL this of course doesnt matter, the game load is equal, but when CC7 started we were still busy with CC6, as was FALL, as well as POLY.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:49 am

I managed our wars for CC and CL (in addition to playing the most games in each for us). I can't say how it works in other clans, but having to select games and teams with all the variables involved was very difficult for us. I clearly failed on CL.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:15 am

If joining and distribution could be programmed to be easier ... someway it would be better ... as everybody says the admin bit of clan Life is ... like work ... ;)
Love the events! More of em IF the admin could be solved have no idea how .... auto generated games that u just join?
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:49 am

Lord Arioch wrote:If joining and distribution could be programmed to be easier ... someway it would be better ... as everybody says the admin bit of clan Life is ... like work ... ;)
Love the events! More of em IF the admin could be solved have no idea how .... auto generated games that u just join?

Hmm along these lines I had a idea that I proposed in the CD area but it seemed to fall flat. Maybe I'll make a thread / proposal out of it with my abundant free time and see what other clan leaders think that *might* help some clans out.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 pm

IcePack wrote:
Lord Arioch wrote:If joining and distribution could be programmed to be easier ... someway it would be better ... as everybody says the admin bit of clan Life is ... like work ... ;)

Hmm along these lines I had a idea that I proposed in the CD area but it seemed to fall flat. Maybe I'll make a thread / proposal out of it with my abundant free time and see what other clan leaders think that *might* help some clans out.

Could you at least link the post please?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

2nd that
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I will leave it to Ice's discretion since it was his idea, but a summary:

Ice's idea was a tool which would be a bit similar to autotourneys. Clans could invite others to war. Once accepted, the "war leader" (1st contact) would be able to input games before the deadline, which would be automatically created and invited when the games are supposed to be sent to the other participant. The system would automatically send a PM with the details of each game, too. Individual members could propose maps with teammates for the war leader to consider, too. At the very least, this would automate a lot of the stuff Keefie does with the database because clans themselves can request privs to the system directly.

The edges werent straightened because I didnt see it changing much in the clan scene. TOFU would appreciate the auto-send but would do virtually nothing to help the leaders out because we can't just decide to play map X because it is fun. We play map X because we are good at it and our opponent isn't. Clans like VDLL I would assume the tool wouldnt get used much because most members generally just want to play in teams and don't actively participate in organization. Most of the games I created for VDLL were because I thought it would be good/fun, rather than people requesting maps. Requests always got fulfilled though.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Link wouldn't help because it's in a private area members can't view.
The tool is pretty simply a "war page" of sorts. The main features being something like you set the exchange dates and how many of each game type (dub trip quad) per round and it auto generates a list of games needing to be filled.

Your leader can enter all the maps settings and players and select round 1 or 2 or 3 etc and then when the date comes as long as both clans have submitted their list the system auto generates the games.

I also thought members of the clan can propose games / teams, so it would be as simple as a leader clicking a check box of already filled out teams (if he wants those games) saving him some time and energy.

I also thought that maybe a feature could be a standardized saved list of teams, or maybe the clans most used teams in the past or most recent added to the proposed list to maybe save time of repeating the same common games they might use.

But for leagues etc I thought it could be very helpful to have teams propose a bunch of games and the leader just assigns them to different rounds, set it and forget it type thing. Lot of work up front maybe and could need to be adjusted week of still based on unexpected vacations or something but ultimately, if you plan your league line up you wouldn't have to worry about making games again for the rest of the competition. Unless of course, you preferred to make them every two weeks and not be outside enjoying your Sunday :p

There was more to it especially on the back side of things (automating some database work so it's less for CD's to handle and save clan leaders from having to post game numbers all the time) but that is the gist.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 pm

I just reread the thread, the discussion didn't get very far so not worth really going thru the trouble of going. I didn't have much time to reply to the issues they raised so I kinda dropped the idea based on what I thought would be lack of interest.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Im intrested...
Captain Lord Arioch

Next

Return to Clan Archives