Conquer Club

Database Discussion

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Database Discussion

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 am

It seems that Random League matches are mistakenly included into "Clan War Record" on the Clan Tab. They should not be, as no Leagues are ever included in that statistics.
Major josko.ri

Re: [RL9] Random League 9 [Round 9]

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:07 am

josko.ri wrote:It seems that Random League matches are mistakenly included into "Clan War Record" on the Clan Tab. They should not be, as no Leagues are ever included in that statistics.

League Matches of any kind are not included in the Clan War Record statistic.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:56 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
josko.ri wrote:It seems that Random League matches are mistakenly included into "Clan War Record" on the Clan Tab. They should not be, as no Leagues are ever included in that statistics.

S&M had about 85% Clan War record and didnt play almost any war in recent few months, yet our record dropped to 75% and number of wars increased to 40 (two months before it was less than 35). I guess the system counted Random League games which we lost or tied several of them in recent two months. Random League was our only activity in the last two months.
Major josko.ri

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:02 am

josko.ri wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

S&M had about 85% Clan War record and didnt play almost any war in recent few months, yet our record dropped to 75% and number of wars increased to 40 (two months before it was less than 35). I guess the system counted Random League games which we lost or tied several of them in recent two months. Random League was our only activity in the last two months.

The database never counts League Games towards War records.

I can tell you that I cleaned the database up this past week, and officially closed all wars that had been left open or on hold for years. This is what you are probably seeing.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:09 am

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... &ClanId=79

This is Clan War record for S&M.

From Wars which S&M has tied or lost, I could see 2 tied and 4 lost (which equals to 5 lost), yet our record is written as 30/40 like we have 10 lost.

Last time when I looked at this statistics it was written with 5 lost yet today we suddenly have 10 lost, that is why I think that recent ties and losses from Random League are mistakenly counted, or otherwise something else is reason for discrepancy.
Major josko.ri

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 am

josko.ri wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclans1&ClanId=79

From Wars which S&M has tied or lost, I could see 2 tied and 4 lost (which equals to 5 lost), yet our record is written as 30/40 like we have 10 lost.

Last time when I looked at this statistics it was written with 5 lost yet today we suddenly have 10 lost, that is why I think that recent ties and losses from Random League are mistakenly counted, or otherwise something else is reason for discrepancy.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclans2

I count 6 when I search for S&M, but the statistic shows 10. We will look into this. I don't believe this has anything to do with League Matches.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:50 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:

I count 6 when I search for S&M, but the statistic shows 10. We will look into this. I don't believe this has anything to do with League Matches.

You are right, it is 6 losses. and 34 wins so record should be 34/40. This mistake just happened recently.
Major josko.ri

Postby shoop76 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

You are right, it is 6 losses. and 34 wins so record should be 34/40. This mistake just happened recently.

Pretty sure ours is incorrect as well, but I will double check tomorrow.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm

shoop76 wrote:Pretty sure ours is incorrect as well, but I will double check tomorrow.

You are correct. ATL has 22 losses, but the statistic is reporting 23.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Found the Problem.

Mini War Cup wars were being treated as full wars.

Now we know what the issue is.

We will work on getting this resolved over the next few days. Just be patient with us.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Found the Problem.

We will work on getting this resolved over the next few days. Just be patient with us.

As the one who personally closed these out, I know how they were left after close consultation with wham. Someone must have altered the inputs on the wars to something incorrect in order for them to show up.

They were not “treated as full wars” nor were they closed as such. We specifically set it up and closed it so they did not show up.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

IcePack wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:Found the Problem.

As the one who personally closed these out, I know how they were left after close consultation with wham. Someone must have altered the inputs on the wars to something incorrect in order for them to show up.

They were not “treated as full wars” nor were they closed as such. We specifically set it up and closed it so they did not show up.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... nWarId=660

On the same subject, there were wars that were cancelled. These had to remain on hold or they would be counted in the stats even tho no war took place. Quick search shows FALL no longer has any wars on hold.

Looks like someone’s been messing w the database who doesn’t understand it.

Moving this war to completed alters the stats on how many wars were participated in, but wouldn’t show a winner. There were other wars like this that needed to be left alone.

Someone probably thought they were “fixing stuff” and instead f***d up all the old stuff that had been done that way for a reason after determining how the database needed to be handled to be accurate.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Sorry. We have had to learn to, you know, do things on our own since the mass CD exit, leaving no documentation on how to do things.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: Database Discussion

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

The problem has been fixed.

I'll be honest with you. I was the one trying to clean up the database. And I will definitely admit, I do not fully understand everything about it. So you can make fun of me all you want.

I would urge you, though, not to be quick to associate blame, especially something that is so trivial, like Clan War Record coming from the database. Don't open that can of worms on yourself. There is a difference between pointing out that there is an error, and trying to fix it (like josko did) and pointing to make blame.

Aside from this, if you encounter any other errors you may believe are related to the Clan War Record, or anything else regarding the database, please send me a PM.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Return to Clan Archives