Xayath wrote:i can see ur point Andy
also i believe he is right in INFERing that the bug reports get lost in the mass amounts of what really are misinformed suggestions.
just musing i guess but nice idea Andy
You are correct in your assumption, Xayath; I've never accused a bug report of being ignored, but I do infer that the current forum arrangement makes such a thing more likely with all of the suggestion spam that gets posted here.
Locking all active bug reports at the top of a dedicated Bug Report forum would be an excellent way to prevent a thousand identical bug reports from going up -- folks could just glance the forum and say: "Oh, I see someone has already reported the 'disappearing armies' bug,"
for example. Once the bug has been fixed, the locked message can be removed from the top to make space for reports of new bugs, and be archived at the bottom. In fact, just like the "To-Do" list on this forum, the dedicated Bug Report forum could have a regularly updated "Bug List" locked at the top of the page containing categories such as "Recently Fixed", "Pending Repair", "Known Bugs", "Not Bugs (aka N00b Bugs)", etc, etc, etc....
lackattack wrote:Actually, I think a separate forum for bug reports could be useful. Bug topics are a higher priority than suggestions and it would be easier for me to seek them out. I've seen this done on other sites.
Well, that looks like the word from the proverbial turtle's mouth, there. When this site first went up, I'm sure the amount of message traffic wasn't an issue, as 90% of the posts to this forum were bug reports and the other 10% were suggestions. Now that the proverbial shoe is on the proverbial other foot, it would be logical to "do as other sites do", and separate this forum into two:Bug Reports
....and....Suggestions & Ideas