Conquer Club

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games (Polymorphic)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Soloman on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 pm

gryffin13 wrote:
superkarn wrote:Just wanted to add that with this game type (1 person controlling multiple colors), you can have lots of different/interesting game play such as

* 2 players, 4 colors (2 colors each)
* 2 players, 6 colors (3 colors each)
* 2 players, 8 colors (4 colors each)

* 3 players, 6 colors (2 colors each)
* 4 players, 8 colors (2 colors each)

* mix with assassin, where any one of your colors gets wiped out, you lose
* mix terminator, where you get points for each color you kill. so you can take points and lose points to the same player in the same game.

think of the coolness! 8)

At first I was skeptical, but you have convinced me oherwise. I think assassin would be my favorite because you could risk an all out attempt to eliminate a color while leaving one of yours open. Although Doodle earth would have to be banned for assassin games. Also they would need to add team assassin for this to happen but I would love for this to work.

I disagree this game type should be just that a game type. It should not mix with terminator or assasin as that skews the concept. it should just be an added option after teams.
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:43 pm

come on people add a awesome new game mode to CC vote up...
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby superkarn on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Can an admin tell us whether this is marked as

"To-do" :D
"Pending" :) or
"Rejected" :( ?
Major superkarn

Re: 2-player "team" games

Postby Soloman on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Has any admin made any decisions in regards to this Idea yet?
Sergeant Soloman

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:29 pm

This idea is fantastic.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby Soloman on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:34 am

here is my similar idea which is a little more fleshed out
k this will be different from various chessboards I am sure you have in the Map Foundry what I am suggesting is a whole new Mode of play under the Game type section(Standard, Terminator,etc)

It would be a variation of team play for the various boards but would only be a 2 player Game with each player having control of a predetermine set of team divisions. Based on board capacity 3 divisions on each team on smaller boards and the larger boards having 4 per team.

The object would be for a Generals team of divisions to win on the game. The 2 players like on any other team game would have to figure out how best to overcome the other team same as always but it puts all responsibilty on the general controling the various divisions on his team and using them to the best of his ability.

Card Play, while I would probably enjoy this best no cards I think all card play game types should still be present. Each division on a team should also be able to get its own cards without them being inter-playable as far as matching sets between divisions.

This could be player in sequential or freestyle like all other game types the resulting play would create a lot of forethought like chess each turn. Sequential of course in this case would be simpler then freestyle but each way playable and challenging.

Now downsides to be overcome if possible. Speed games would be almost impossible on freestyle. 5 minutes I do not think would be enough time to coordinate an assault with current control system.

Unless there was a type of multi control mode to be unlocked under this control menu. Where you have your team parts broken down kind of like territories in regular attack select and even then I believe it would be hard but possible.

I got this idea in part of course by playing chess and getting bored with what I feel is alack of forethoght involved in Regular CC games. I like how team games are more fun and challenging but still not the level of challenge I want on a game I need a little more thought on it like I do when I play chess.

Then I was reading through forum and looked at cheating and abuse with all the multi players. I thought how unfun that would be letting myself win by playing all sides in a battle. But why not be the general of 1 team calling all shots. That way there is no one to blame or leave a negative for if you do not play well other then yourself. Also it might somewhat help with the habitual multis getting a mode inspired in part by them lol
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm

This is probably my favourite Suggestion I've ever seen. 2 player team games would, most likely, be my most played style.
Captain Timminz

Postby Soloman on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:21 am

bump
Sergeant Soloman

1v1 team games

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:29 am

Concise description:
  • Allow a single player to play as a 'team' against a similarly set-up opponent

Specifics:
  • The problem with 1v1s, by and large, is that the person who goes first has an inordinate advantage, However, if each player in a 1v1 were instead playing all members of a team (for instance, a doubles game would be myself (red) and myself (green) vs. player x (blue) and player x (yellow)), the first mover advantage would be substantially mitigated. It would be just like a team game (no trading of terits or cards and what not), just that all players on a side would be controlled by one player. Just to head a potential beef off at the pass, I think this should only be a 1v1 option, to prevent single people playing against proper teams.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It'll be interesting and conceptually bring that many more people to 1v1s.
  • 1v1s can be made considerably fairer
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Re: 1v1 team games

Postby gp24176281 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:02 am

Love the idea!!!

gp
High: 22(rank) @ 3186(score)
---------------
Co-Winner (with Prini, thinktank): Triples Battle of the World
Colonel gp24176281

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:07 am

This was put forward as an idea previously on the thread below. It received plenty of support in a small way

Nothing from lack though.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44540

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:50 am

Not a bad idea. It would provide a different experience, yet clearly stay "Risk".

However, having played a LOT of 1v1, I have to disagree on the "first player has the advantage" deal. That is only true for some maps and even then, depends as much on placement, strategy (yes, that!) and general dice luck throughout the game. Those are reasons I like 1v1 (that, and speed).

The team concept would alter the dynamics, but would not eliminate luck by any means...
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Timminz on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:17 am

Does anyone else have any thoughts/comments on this suggestion? As I've said before, I think this would be an AMAZING addition to CC. I'd like to hear from more people, so we can get the specifics figured out, and possibly get some official recognition for it.
Captain Timminz

Postby yeti_c on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:20 am

Quench.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gp24176281 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Didn't come across this suggestion before.

Love the idea.

Will play it alot, if existed

gp
---------------
Colonel gp24176281

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:23 pm

I like 2 player games the way they are, and don't agree with the complaints ... or rather, consider them part of why I LIKE 1v1.

That said, this would give an added dimension and could be a lot of fun.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:49 pm

don't the top teams already play like this with one person handling all 2, 3 or 4 accounts.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Timminz on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:50 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:I like 2 player games the way they are, and don't agree with the complaints ... or rather, consider them part of why I LIKE 1v1.

That said, this would give an added dimension and could be a lot of fun.
Just to clarify. This suggestion is not meant to replace the current 1 v 1 setting. It would be another setting entirely.
Captain Timminz

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Clearly I didn't plug the right words into the search engine before I posted basically this same idea below. Great minds think alike, I guess.

If nothing else, it would be nice to know if this is even possible.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat May 03, 2008 7:55 pm

so you could have something like 4 players with 2 armies each, right?
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby max is gr8 on Sun May 04, 2008 7:10 am

What about a game where your opponent is real doubles yet you are 1 player acting as two armies.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby superkarn on Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 am

max is gr8 wrote:What about a game where your opponent is real doubles yet you are 1 player acting as two armies.
Mr_Adams wrote:so you could have something like 4 players with 2 armies each, right?

Concept wise, both are possible. But they largely depend on how this is implemented. But from the look of it, this suggestion is being ignored :|
Major superkarn

Postby gp24176281 on Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 pm

superkarn wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:What about a game where your opponent is real doubles yet you are 1 player acting as two armies.
Mr_Adams wrote:so you could have something like 4 players with 2 armies each, right?

Concept wise, both are possible. But they largely depend on how this is implemented. But from the look of it, this suggestion is being ignored :|

It might work, but how do u set the points?

gp
---------------
Colonel gp24176281

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon May 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Wouldn't they be set just like normal? This is just a different way of playing .... like any other variation.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby superkarn on Wed May 07, 2008 1:53 pm

gp24176281 wrote:It might work, but how do u set the points?

Agree with PLAYER57832, they would be set like any other game types. Here's how they calculate the points.
Major superkarn

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions