Conquer Club

Catch-All Area for "Non-Suggestions" (Complaints)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: A suggestions forum that is actually paid attention to b

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:37 am

clangfield wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:mrswdk, if this Suggestion is implemented, doesn't that imply it didn't need to be implemented?

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Maybe it's the lack of grammar - "A suggestions forum to which attention is actually paid" would be a better title.
Remember, a preposition is a word that you should never end a sentence on. ;)

That is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Cyberbullies & trolls are often unpaid members

Postby enjoycocacola on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:24 am

Just look at the responses to this thread, for example...
Last edited by enjoycocacola on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Colonel enjoycocacola

Re: Only allow paid members to post in "Conquer Club Discuss

Postby Nymeria Stark on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:39 am

Great idea, there's definitely a strong correlation between premium accounts and intelligence.

I think they shouldn't be allowed to post in "Suggestions" either, the amount of stupidity here is pretty high too. This thread, to be specific. Oh wait, you're a paying member.
Brigadier Nymeria Stark

Re: I think DISCRIMINATION is a great idea.

Postby owenshooter on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:05 am

this is my 10,917th post in the forums, you have under 100... i am currently freemium, you are premium... i fluctuate between premium and freemium, quite often... i have contributed to the site in many ways that you may not be aware of, but that old timers appreciate... let's see; changed the accessibility of the clan world for all users (low rank, high rank, freemium, premium, anyone... and yes, was threatened by admins over it), created uniform sigs that are flown by clans (considered spamming and did a time out for that one), helped create the bigotry/racism guidelines for the site, created contests in which actual prizes like full years of premium were introduced, have helped with multiple rule changes and site changes, have been the voice for the little guy vs. "the man" from the get go. what have you done for the community within these forums or for the site?

i don't understand what my status as premium or freemium has to do with and of this. and let me make my concerns with your suggestion, easy enough for you to understand:

your suggestion is offensive, elitist and DISCRIMINATORY

if you don't like what people are saying, if you don't like the conversation, if you don't like seeing their silver icons, USE YOUR FOE LIST. even better, start your own user group and control who can come in and post in that group. doesn't have to be a clan, it can be a user group, thus members could be in clans and your group. otherwise, you sound like an obtuse person, who has issues with things people say that you perceive as dumb or ignorant or not worthy of your time. this suggestion is disgusting and goes against the very fabric of the culture of acceptance that CC has championed since the beginning. i am truly embarrassed for you and your discriminatory suggestion. guys like you put marks on peoples clothes and send them off to places where you won't have to see them. guys like you make people you don't like, for whatever discriminatory reason, sit in the back of buses, use separate water fountains, eat at lunch counters and use different restrooms.

your suggestion is so appalling and disgusting, i hope you think about what it says about you as a person and your ability to interact, not only with this community, but with society in general. the black jesus weeps for your soul...-JĆ©sus noir

p.s.- quick definition for you: Discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing is perceived to belong to rather than on individual merit.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: deleted

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:08 am

The OP was edited before Owens tirade... (Justified tirade for the record)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Re: I think DISCRIMINATION is a great idea.

Postby owenshooter on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 am

enjoycocacola wrote:Forget it, it's a waste of time to make any suggestions.

Yes, DISCRIMINATORY suggestions are generally not well received on this site...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby enjoycocacola on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:34 pm

People who don't buy memberships are not a protected class, so discrimination does not apply.

There's a high correlation between the cyberbullies and trolls here and not paying for membership.
Colonel enjoycocacola

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:00 pm

enjoycocacola wrote:People who don't buy memberships are not a protected class, so discrimination does not apply.

There's a high correlation between the cyberbullies and trolls here and not paying for membership.

Yeah, right. I've seen LOTS of premiums that were complete snobs on here that go out of their way to bully and troll. I've seen just as many freemiums that act the same way. So I disagree that a majority of "Cyberbullies and trolls here" are not paying members.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:04 pm

enjoycocacola wrote:There's a high correlation between the cyberbullies and trolls here and not paying for membership.

Yes, but there is not a high correlation between not paying for membership and being a cyberbully or troll. That is, the vast majority of freemium members don't do any harm to the site. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take away all of their rights because of a relative few bad apples.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby enjoycocacola on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
enjoycocacola wrote:There's a high correlation between the cyberbullies and trolls here and not paying for membership.

Yes, but there is not a high correlation between not paying for membership and being a cyberbully or troll. That is, the vast majority of freemium members don't do any harm to the site. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take away all of their rights because of a relative few bad apples.

Good point, just realized I was making the association fallacy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

So I withdraw the suggestion. Admins feel free to delete this thread.
Last edited by enjoycocacola on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Colonel enjoycocacola

Re: Cyberbullies & trolls are often unpaid members

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am

Sorry about your little butt!
Try Pepsi.
Major betiko

Postby enjoycocacola on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:47 am

Aww, right on cue. You're so cute! Got any more?
Colonel enjoycocacola

Re: You disagreed with my DISCRIMINATION, so you are a troll

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:54 am

enjoycocacola wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Good point, and the real issue is it's too bad they aren't doing anything about the cyberbullying here from those bad apples.

if you are going to accuse someone of an ACTUAL CRIME, cyber bullying, then go to C&A instead of posting asinine suggestions in the forum that are DISCRIMINATORY against other members of the site... oddly enough, you made a comment about the "comments" being trollish and bullying. if that is so, hit the button to report them. nothing in this thread was bullying or trolling. i made comments about your discriminatory suggestion and because i called you to the mats, i am a bully. you are a discriminating bigot that pushes beliefs onto others based on wether or not they pay for the site. i guarantee i have put more money into this site over the years than you have, so perhaps i think people that have not paid as much money to the site as i have, should not be able to post. your suggestion was ignorant and embarrassing. if it wasn't, and if you deny this, then put your original suggestion back up and embarrass yourself and your clan. your suggestion was disgusting and nothing in my response was bullying or trolling. i dare you to put me in C&A for my actions in this thread. I DARE YOU. put me in there and prove that i am a cyber bully and/or troll. you won't do it, because you know i am right. again, I DARE YOU.-JĆ©sus noir

p.s.-again, please put up your original discriminatory suggestion. you won't. you are a coward. instead, you turn the thread into something it was not meant to be, because your idea was shown to be so horrible. so, you have two challenges. 1, put back the original suggesion and 2, put me in C&A for my actions within this thread to justify your claims of cyber bullying and trolling. you are a coward.
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Please just stop, everyone. Thread is done.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re:IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, YOU ARE A TROLL!!

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Please just stop, everyone. Thread is done.

it was done when the OP put up his discriminatory suggestion. it was done when he pulled down his original suggestion with just *DELETED* left... it was over when the OP came back in an effort to somehow justify his horrible idea and changed the name of his thread and original post, yet again. even better, i somehow cyber bullied and trolled him by posting a response to his discriminatory suggestion. "he disagrees with me, he must be bullying me!! he must be a troll!! i am certain i am right!"... get over it... i have contributed more money to this site in the 8 years that i have been here, than he has in the year and a half of his site existence. this user has no idea what he is talking about, has less than 100 posts in the forums and yet somehow thinks he has the solution to fixing the forums. don't agree with him? you are a troll or cyber bully... ColaBoy, sorry about your little butt..-JĆ©sus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

How about keeping up with tourneys?

Postby xroads on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Here is a suggestion for you.

Stop dropping the ball on auto tourneys. When a round is over, start the next round instead of waiting for days or weeks.

Start new auto tourney on a regular basis, and mix up the types.
Major xroads

Re: How about keeping up with tourneys?

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:54 pm

If you feel that strongly, would you consider volunteering some of your time to help ensure this happens?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby xroads on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:30 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:If you feel that strongly, would you consider volunteering some of your time to help ensure this happens?

I am a paying customer, why should I?

If I was a freemium, I wouldn't bitch. But when you are paying for a product, you have that right.

That is like going to a restaurant, complaining about the service, and then they ask you to help cook your own meal.
Major xroads

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Have you considered paying more to the site, so that you are sitting in Michelin star restaurant rather than Wimpys?

I'm never surprised when they ask for help cooking when I order a spanish omlette at Wimpys.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby xroads on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:15 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Have you considered paying more to the site, so that you are sitting in Michelin star restaurant rather than Wimpys?

I'm never surprised when they ask for help cooking when I order a spanish omlette at Wimpys.

I would if the product was worth it, but honestly this place isnt worth the price of a kids meal anymore. Looking at how fast the number of active users are dropping, many others must feel the same way too.
Major xroads

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:42 pm

xroads wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:If you feel that strongly, would you consider volunteering some of your time to help ensure this happens?

If I was a freemium, I wouldn't bitch. But when you are paying for a product, you have that right.

That is like going to a restaurant, complaining about the service, and then they ask you to help cook your own meal.

Well golly gee. Why the hell should anyone volunteer ever?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:58 pm

xroads wrote:

Aren't you also a paying customer with the knowledge that activities such as auto tournaments are administered by a volunteer work force? Frankly if it takes "days" I don't see the issue that's better than almost any community tournament ive been apart of, weeks would be more understandable of frustration but says? Come on...

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions