Conquer Club

[Rules] Make Speed Games for New Recruits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Rules] Make Speed Games for New Recruits

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 am

NEW RECRUITS SPEED GAMES

Concise description:
in order to avoid or, at least, to reduce the inactivity of hundreds of 1000s of members, i suggest this site allows new recruits to play 1 speed game at a time until they complete 20-50 games... also I think they should have their own speed games with each others in which veterans can't take a part in order to avoid farming and pissing new recruits off.

usually noobs join the same games... I mean when 5 noobs join one game and let's say 3 of them have no problem with waiting hours but the other 2 decided to abandon the site.. they will definitely piss off the remaining players who may abandon it too as a result..

allow noob to enjoy speed games for a bit to give them a cool first impression.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

1. noobs will not just sign up and leave.
2. they will avoid farming in their first amount of games.
3. they will probably buy premium after trying the speed games

remember.. people sign up and don't even make a single move... at the time of signing up, they register because they want to play not to wait days to take a turn :geek:
Captain Pirlo

Re: Make Speed Games for New Recruits

Postby Halmir on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:37 pm

I think it's got to be worth a try. The scenario you mention about newbies joining games then never returning to the site due to lack of instant action happens to me in about 1 in every 10 of my games!

I'd suggest some data crunching be done now to check how many newly registered players only ever log in on the day of signing up, and how many we only see logging in for the first week. Then run this option as a trial, fire it out via email to all recent registrations to advertise it, and see if we get an increase in players remaining active?
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 pm

wow! I'm impressed by this simple suggestion; I think it will greatly help!
Major karelpietertje

Postby Woodruff on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Pirlo wrote:NEW RECRUITS SPEED GAMES

Concise description:
in order to avoid or, at least, to reduce the inactivity of hundreds of 1000s of members, i suggest this site allows new recruits to play 1 speed game at a time until they complete 20-50 games... also I think they should have their own speed games with each others in which veterans can't take a part in order to avoid farming and pissing new recruits off.

usually noobs join the same games... I mean when 5 noobs join one game and let's say 3 of them have no problem with waiting hours but the other 2 decided to abandon the site.. they will definitely piss off the remaining players who may abandon it too as a result..

allow noob to enjoy speed games for a bit to give them a cool first impression.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

1. noobs will not just sign up and leave.
2. they will avoid farming in their first amount of games.
3. they will probably buy premium after trying the speed games

remember.. people sign up and don't even make a single move... at the time of signing up, they register because they want to play not to wait days to take a turn :geek:

Not a bad idea at all. I would say do it until they complete 10 games, though...by the time they've completed 10 games, they know if they want to stay or not (and won't just forget that the site existed). And absolutely, this is going to have to be a "only newbies can join" type of a deal.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sdh on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:10 pm

This would just cause more multis. Once you tell them they can't play speed games anymore they will just make a new account.
Major sdh

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 pm

sdh wrote:This would just cause more multis. Once you tell them they can't play speed games anymore they will just make a new account.

Muti problem already exists. some players make multi after they get stuck to 4 dead games.

also, they should be informed of the fact that speed is not available forever once they sign up not after they finish them. :geek:
Captain Pirlo

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Pirlo wrote:
sdh wrote:This would just cause more multis. Once you tell them they can't play speed games anymore they will just make a new account.

Muti problem already exists. some players make multi after they get stuck to 4 dead games.

also, they should be informed of the fact that speed is not available forever once they sign up not after they finish them. :geek:

But this would create a bigger problem, as more new users would just keep creating accounts. More New Recruits tend to just leave the site if they get stuck in the 4 games.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: [Rules] Make Speed Games for New Recruits

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 pm

how about speed games allowed in jan april july and oct or 1st 2 weeks rather than first 4 weeks of those months ....
sure they could multi a new account every 3rd month but between they'd be bored for 2 months and might buy the Koolade

this wont help 2/3 of potential recruits but 1/3 of the ones we lose now will be helped....and some people might come back a month or 2 later

another idea would be a 2 week speed package for 2 players for the price of one or less than one ; roommates might afford this
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Re: [Rules] Make Speed Games for New Recruits

Postby Hylozoist on Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 am

I'm one of those new players... it's frustrating having to wait almost 24 hours to take a single turn. I doubt I'll stay here because with these limitations I'm not really having fun. Maybe the business model needs to shift and become ad based or single-payment based instead of subscription.
Private Hylozoist

Return to Archived Suggestions