Conquer Club

[Invites] Cancel/Rescind Game Invitations

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

The ability to retract a game invite.

Postby Robert The Red on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I think it would be a good idea if the person who invites someone into a game could retract the invite. I have recently sent an invite in error so now faced with the wrong partner joining the team, also i have sent invites and then realised they are not active online at the time and wish to change but cant as any pm is not going to reach them, so there is then a frustating 24hr wait for it to expire, this will sometimes lead to other players dropping out especially if they are limited to 4 games. also if you are organising several different games as people join or decline you realise that some of your invites would be better placed for a more balanced game particulary doubles games. obviously if someone has accepted the invite it should remain. But i feel this change could improve the management of games.
I await your thoughts.

Robert The Red
Major Robert The Red

Re: The ability to retract a game invite.

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Robert The Red on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

ok I have seen the other thread. it is a resounding yes to the sugestion. then why the hell is it not being implemented? are any of the sugestions taken seriously and acted upon for the enjoyment of the club or are we just wasting time debating them in some unseen forum.
sorry to rant but if i ran my company ignoring my customers requests i would be out of business within a month. please would the owners of conquer club either act or respond positively. I am sure for a computer techie this would not be much of a problem to fix, if it is or if there is some reason it is not desireable please respond with a contructive answer.
once again sorry to rant, but get very frustrated, when what i see a simple thing being ignored when it could be actioned.
Major Robert The Red

Postby agentcom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Robert The Red wrote:ok I have seen the other thread. it is a resounding yes to the sugestion. then why the hell is it not being implemented? are any of the sugestions taken seriously and acted upon for the enjoyment of the club or are we just wasting time debating them in some unseen forum.
sorry to rant but if i ran my company ignoring my customers requests i would be out of business within a month. please would the owners of conquer club either act or respond positively. I am sure for a computer techie this would not be much of a problem to fix, if it is or if there is some reason it is not desireable please respond with a contructive answer.
once again sorry to rant, but get very frustrated, when what i see a simple thing being ignored when it could be actioned.

MERGED. The suggestions process is slow, sometimes maddeningly so. I am hoping we can make it easier and faster to get some of these quick fixes done. But it's a site run largely by volunteers, like myself, so it's slow going even for me to try to get some change done.

If you would like to help out, contact a moderator and see if there's anything you can do.
Brigadier agentcom

Re: Cancel Game Invitations

Postby JBlombier on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Very much in favour of this suggestion.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 pm

I support this suggestion
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm

forgotten i had put this thread up or perhaps i just spent too much time on holiday. really pleased to see the responses, lets hope something can be done soon.
robert the red
Major Robert The Red

Postby SiriusCowKing on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 pm

agentcom wrote:The suggestions process is slow, sometimes maddeningly so. I am hoping we can make it easier and faster to get some of these quick fixes done. But it's a site run largely by volunteers, like myself, so it's slow going even for me to try to get some change done.

If you would like to help out, contact a moderator and see if there's anything you can do.

Slow? This suggestion dates back from 2011 and it is now 2013! This is not even a debatable suggestion, it's a basic need to the invite system.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Re: [Invites] Cancel/Rescind Game Invitations

Postby spiesr on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 pm

IMPLEMENTED
Captain spiesr

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 am

Wonderful tool. In running tournaments I have already used it. Sure beats drop a game and having to recreate a new one.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:56 pm

At long last a much needed addition to conquer club. thanks for the implementing it.
Robert The Red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
Major Robert The Red

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions