Conquer Club

[GP] Fix Round Limit of Team Games [Vote]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should round limit tie-breaker be based on total team troops or highest individual?

Total Team Troops
94%
Highest Individual
6%
I Don't Know
No votes

Total votes : 96

[GP] Fix Round Limit of Team Games [Vote]

Postby Pirlo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Fix Round Limit of Team Games

Make the system count the overall team troops instead of counting the highest individual

In this Game 9923462, team 1 was given the win because one of its members had the highest amount of troops, while team 2 (who lost the game) had more troops in total. I think total troops of ONE team should be the decisive instead.
Last edited by Pirlo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Pirlo

Re: Fix Round Limit of Team Games

Postby chapcrap on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Pirlo wrote:Fix Round Limit of Team Games

Make the system count the overall team troops instead of counting the highest individual

In this Game 9923462, team 1 was given the win because one of its members had the highest amount of troops, while team 2 (who lost the game) had more troops in total. I think total troops of ONE team should be the decisive instead.

Totally agree!

Maybe this is a bug?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Pirlo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:

Totally agree!

Maybe this is a bug?

Dunno if that was a bug or not, but chat log is clear.

2011-11-05 01:18:51 - TheMissionary ended the turn
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - Round limit reached, s3xt0y has the most troops
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - TheMissionary, s3xt0y won the game
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - L M S lost 31 points
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - Deli lost 31 points
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - TheMissionary gained 31 points
2011-11-05 01:18:51 - s3xt0y gained 31 points

:-k
Captain Pirlo

Postby L M S on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for doing the dirty work and posting this in here Pirlo.

Clearly I agree with this suggestion. Whats the point of a team game again?
just sayin'.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pirlo on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:58 pm

L M S wrote:Thanks for doing the dirty work and posting this in here Pirlo.

Clearly I agree with this suggestion. Whats the point of a team game again?
just sayin'.

exactly.. the point of team game... in the final couple of rounds, there could be a "build up on one team member" race to make him have the most amount of troops... ridiculous.
Captain Pirlo

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 pm

chapcrap wrote:

Totally agree!

Maybe this is a bug?

Not a bug, lack coded it this way.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby L M S on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Totally agree!

Maybe this is a bug?

Not a bug, lack coded it this way.

I (we?) know this is the way it is coded and the way the rules read...we were just hoping to grab an ear and make a case that in a team game, this method doesn't make sense.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 am

I know nothing of how the update is coded, but if it's a simple fix of using a combined team troop count instead of a single player, I would think it would be a relatively easy fix. It's definitely more fair.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:49 am

It is a team game so the total team troops should be what is used.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 am

Evil Semp wrote:It is a team game so the total team troops should be what is used.

i agree.

any word from our master about why he wants team games to not be decided by the teams total effort
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 am

greenoaks wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:It is a team game so the total team troops should be what is used.

i agree.

any word from our master about why he wants team games to not be decided by the teams total effort

There wasn't particularly serious objection at the time, partially because you can achieve the same result just by forting all your troops to your teammate. There's nothing unfair about that approach because it doesn't benefit one team at the expense of another. Everyone has the same standard applied to them.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i agree.

There wasn't particularly serious objection at the time, partially because you can achieve the same result just by forting all your troops to your teammate. There's nothing unfair about that approach because it doesn't benefit one team at the expense of another. Everyone has the same standard applied to them.

but you can't always fort ALL of your troops to one player due to map design, neutrals and the other team's terits blocking the path. adjacent forts would make it nigh on impossible.

the fairest thing would be to assess and compare all of team 1 against all of team 2, and if applicable - all of team 3 & all of team 4
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:56 am

greenoaks wrote:but you can't always fort ALL of your troops to one player due to map design, neutrals and the other team's terits blocking the path. adjacent forts would make it nigh on impossible.

OK, but those things apply to both teams. If you didn't plan ahead and make your troops movable to one of your partners well in advance, then you weren't planning properly.

If you want to criticize the current system, fine. It's not very logical. But don't say it's unfair unless you can back up that claim.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:but you can't always fort ALL of your troops to one player due to map design, neutrals and the other team's terits blocking the path. adjacent forts would make it nigh on impossible.

OK, but those things apply to both teams. If you didn't plan ahead and make your troops movable to one of your partners well in advance, then you weren't planning properly.

If you want to criticize the current system, fine. It's not very logical. But don't say it's unfair unless you can back up that claim.

what is unfair is when a mod joins a conversation and accuses me of saying something i did not.

reread my posts. i have never said it is unfair. i said the fairest thing would be ....... , that means i believe it is more fair than any other 'fair' option
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Deli on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 am

+1
Favourite Game 6093298
Brigadier Deli
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dibbler on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:15 am

I agree total team troops is a better way to determine the winners in team games.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Dako on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

System is fair, but the logic is rigged. Yes.

Please fix it.
Colonel Dako

Postby L M S on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 am

Is there any reason NOT to adjust the method? It can't be that difficult to (re)code....can it?
(Some-days I was I were a programmer so I had any clue what I was asking/talking about)

Seems pretty reasonable to me, maintaining the integrity of the team game style and all, by using the total team troops it simply a more accurate and logical way to determine the winning TEAM.

edit:(just for fun)
I see you lurking in here banana breath, errrr, Andy.... :D .....what do you think?
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 pm

I agree with the OP. Team games should be decided by total team troops if the round limit is reached.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Wow, so far both suggestion Mods have not agreed to this and only put up lame excuses..but another Mod has, thanks. Why do we have a suggestion forum ? This suggestion is a very good one and very reasonable and should be implemented. This has come about I presume because it's the first instance of this happening and not many were aware of this as the round cap is new. Singles games well it is obvious but team games surely the total troops wins the game.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:33 pm

where in the Instructions or the announcement thread by Lack does it state team games are decided by 1 individual?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i agree.

Weather it was a serious objection or not I don't really remember. Maybe I misunderstood. By forting all troops to one player changes it from PLAYING the game and just trying to win. The journey to winning the game should be playing the game.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Evil Semp wrote: By forting all troops to one player changes it from PLAYING the game and just trying to win. The journey to winning the game should be playing the game.

Yes agree on the journey to win is playing the game, which in team games means not losing your team mates. So by everyone holding strength and more troops than the opposition if the final round comes you should win.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Swifte on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 pm

greenoaks wrote:where in the Instructions or the announcement thread by Lack does it state team games are decided by 1 individual?

From the instructions: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions3
"Round Limit
With round limits, the game will automatically finish at the end of the specified round. The winner will be the surviving player with the most troops. If there is a tie, it will be broken based on the most regions. If there is still a tie, the winner is selected based on join order. When playing a round limited game with teams, the winning team will be based on highest individual troop count, not teamwide troup count. This option is great for avoiding stalemates and can add some spice to the game as the deadline approaches!"

The current format is in fact detailed in the instructions. I agree however that a change ought to be made to total team troops.
Colonel Swifte

Postby rockfist on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

I would support changing the rule to total team troops, for what its worth.
Brigadier rockfist

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions