Conquer Club

scottish flag

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

scottish flag

Postby rubenschtorm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:06 pm

[can we have the scottish flag instead of the union flag, we have our own parliament and laws.
[
Private rubenschtorm

Re: scottish flag

Postby Symmetry on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

But do you have your own IP addresses? As far as I know that's how the flags are chosen by the system.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby rubenschtorm on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

i have no idea,computer idiot me lol. as far as the net is concerned we are all .co.uk
Private rubenschtorm

Postby Serbia on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Symmetry wrote:But do you have your own IP addresses? As far as I know that's how the flags are chosen by the system.

Isle of Man and Jersey each fly their own separate flags...
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby eddie2 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Serbia wrote:
Symmetry wrote:But do you have your own IP addresses? As far as I know that's how the flags are chosen by the system.

i am scottish and believe Scotland should have its own flag along with wales. since Ireland has its own flag and by the football league rugby league and other sporting events they are classed as independant. but jersey is not part of uk we have our own gov. and our own currency like the mainland uk Jersey is not apart of the eu.. so using jersey is not really gonna help you win this arguement.
Major eddie2

Postby pmchugh on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Just wait until 2014 ;)
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby SimplyObsessed on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:31 am

rubenschtorm wrote:[can we have the scottish flag instead of the union flag, we have our own parliament and laws.
[

We in England don't have the English flag either, we have the UK one that incorporates Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. If this goes ahead I suggest using the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish flags and abandoning the United Kingdom flag entirely, though it all seems a little pointless considering that we are - legally - a "United" Kingdom (And that's not going to change, the SNP will lose the Scottish Independence referendum in my opinion whether it takes place in 2014 or sooner). Under the current system the Scottish Parliament only has it's power because it was devolved from Westminster, it could technically be taken back at any time and on some issues the United Kingdom parliament does reserve it's power. Yes there is a Scottish parliament, but it's ultimately answerable to the house of commons.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 am

eddie2 wrote:i am scottish and believe Scotland should have its own flag along with wales. since Ireland has its own flag and by the football league rugby league and other sporting events they are classed as independant. but jersey is not part of uk we have our own gov. and our own currency like the mainland uk Jersey is not apart of the eu.. so using jersey is not really gonna help you win this arguement.

Scotland and Wales do have their own flags. They are merged with the English and Northern Ireland flag in the Union flag. Ireland is a completely seperate country and not part of the UK. Each country represents itself in sport events, apart from the olympics where the Union has a team, called team GB.
Private cookie0117

Postby eddie2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

cookie0117 wrote:
eddie2 wrote:i am scottish and believe Scotland should have its own flag along with wales. since Ireland has its own flag and by the football league rugby league and other sporting events they are classed as independant. but jersey is not part of uk we have our own gov. and our own currency like the mainland uk Jersey is not apart of the eu.. so using jersey is not really gonna help you win this arguement.

Scotland and Wales do have their own flags. They are merged with the English and Northern Ireland flag in the Union flag. Ireland is a completely seperate country and not part of the UK. Each country represents itself in sport events, apart from the olympics where the Union has a team, called team GB.

lol do you want to do a little research cookie0117 what part of the union jack is welsh ?????? from what i recall it is scotland england northern ireland... and i think northern ireland comes under the irish flag on this site.
Major eddie2

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 am

eddie2 wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:

lol do you want to do a little research cookie0117 what part of the union jack is welsh ?????? from what i recall it is scotland england northern ireland... and i think northern ireland comes under the irish flag on this site.

An appropiate and fair amount....
Private cookie0117

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 am

the irish, scottish, welsh and english have also joined under another flag

show

if you stopped your petty squabbling you might do well at sport
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby eddie2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wales.html#uj

http://www.know-britain.com/general/union_jack.html

http://www.famouswelsh.com/13_Articles/Union_Jack/Flag_of_Wales.html

ok now once again cookie plz tell me what part of the union jack is welsh.....

i know what we add wales to it and take scotland off it that would be brill lol.
Major eddie2

Postby pmchugh on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 am

Lol this isn't a politics discussion.

You can have a Scotland flag though ->>>

The problem is that the flags are done via IP address, you don't choose them.
Major pmchugh

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:54 am

eddie2 wrote:http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wales.html#uj

i know what we add wales to it and take scotland off it that would be brill lol.

If you read your own sources, they state that Wales is part of England and so represented by the St George. Wales does not have any legal status as a country. They do have their own flag but then so does cornwall. Having a flag does not make you a country. So my original comment of an appropiate and fair amount stands. Your last artical gives a description of how, maybe you should read your own evidence before you present it.
Private cookie0117

Postby SimplyObsessed on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 am

cookie0117 wrote:

If you read your own sources, they state that Wales is part of England and so represented by the St George. Wales does not have any legal status as a country. They do have their own flag but then so does cornwall. Having a flag does not make you a country. So my original comment of an appropiate and fair amount stands. Your last artical gives a description of how, maybe you should read your own evidence before you present it.

Wales most certainly is a country, it is not part of England. It is a one of the countries that form the "united" kingdom.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:

Wales most certainly is a country, it is not part of England. It is a one of the countries that form the "united" kingdom.

A common and widely held belief but beliefs do not make facts. I dont mean it as any form of insult or derogatrory comment.
Private cookie0117

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Back to the point of this thread...

Help Page wrote:6. My country flag is wrong. Can I change it?

Your country is determined automatically by looking up your IP address in a GeoIP database. It isn't meant to reflect your nationality. Furthermore, the database is only 99% accurate so some members may show an incorrect location. Unfortunately there is no way to override your country flag.
Major Bones2484

Postby rapunzel3 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 am

i have no idea
New Recruit rapunzel3

Postby eddie2 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 am

maybe they could add a option of nationality with all the flags like me i live in jersey channel islands but i am scottish. so i would have the jersey and scottish flag on my profile.
Major eddie2

Postby Symmetry on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Serbia wrote:

i am scottish and believe Scotland should have its own flag along with wales. since Ireland has its own flag and by the football league rugby league and other sporting events they are classed as independant. but jersey is not part of uk we have our own gov. and our own currency like the mainland uk Jersey is not apart of the eu.. so using jersey is not really gonna help you win this arguement.

I wasn't really arguing, just to be clear. I'm from the English bit of the UK, but I really don't mind if Scottish posters get only the Scottish flag bit of the Union Jack. I'm just not sure how it would work when the current system doesn't give a choice- it goes by IP address (as far as I understand it).

I'm sure there would be a fair few Americans who would like their state flag up there, it was the practicalities of how the site works out where a player is playing from that was the issue.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby pmchugh on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:15 am

eddie2 wrote:maybe they could add a option of nationality with all the flags like me i live in jersey channel islands but i am scottish. so i would have the jersey and scottish flag on my profile.

I think this is a better suggestion than the OP but I don't know how much control CC has over this.
Major pmchugh

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 am

Bones2484 wrote:Back to the point of this thread...

Your country is determined automatically by looking up your IP address in a GeoIP database. It isn't meant to reflect your nationality. Furthermore, the database is only 99% accurate so some members may show an incorrect location. Unfortunately there is no way to override your country flag.

This is indeed correct. You can always vote in the Scottish referendum to secede from the U.K. and then perhaps the GeoIP Database will be updated to reflect Scotland being an independent country! But short of that, I don't think there is much we can do.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby eddie2 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:Back to the point of this thread...

This is indeed correct. You can always vote in the Scottish referendum to secede from the U.K. and then perhaps the GeoIP Database will be updated to reflect Scotland being an independent country! But short of that, I don't think there is much we can do.

--Andy

there is add a nationalty part to the profile where you can pick your flag... like where i am in jersey you see a jersey player think he can speak english so start a convo. but there is a big population of portugese and polish some of who do not speak english so because they are quiet you give them a bad tag for it
Major eddie2

Postby IR1SH ACE on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm

eddie comments like this could see you finding yourself on my foe list......of course Ireland has its own flag...it is not part of the U.K.
except the little bit at the top which nobody cares about anyway.... :D
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby Sniper08 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:56 pm

IR1SH ACE wrote:

eddie comments like this could see you finding yourself on my foe list......of course Ireland has its own flag...it is not part of the U.K.
except the little bit at the top which nobody cares about anyway.... :D

seconded, its just little reminders like this as to why we hate the english so much........and yeah we've been free for 91 years(96 if you count the proclamation) has the news not travelled to jersey yet?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions