Conquer Club

[GO] Mission Cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

MISSION CARDS

Postby Riskmaster101 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:42 pm

The original game of Risk had the option of mission cards, specific missions you had to achieve and hold to win the game. What if re-instituted those on this site?

Thoughts are welcome!

Cheers,
-Risk
](*,)
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Re: MISSION CARDS

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Riskmaster101 wrote:The original game of Risk had the option of mission cards, specific missions you had to achieve and hold to win the game. What if re-instituted those on this site?

Thoughts are welcome!

Cheers,
-Risk
](*,)

how would they work outside of just "classic map". Would each map maker have to create x number of missions for each map? Some maps aren't designed for missions, how will it be balanced?

how would they be compatible with team games ?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Secret Mission Game Suggestion

Postby zimmah on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:42 pm

blakebowling wrote:and, there is already something similar to missions, although it's not secret, and only one per map

but yeah, using the ones that came with the game is definitely a copyright issue

and, the original ones wouldn't work anyway, because they only deal with the classic map.

nope, you can have multiple objects per map, just they're all the same for all players.

however theoretically you could make a scenario map where different players have different starting regions, and depending on region they could have a different objective, if you make the starting regions themself un-capturable (or at least very hard to capture) you could make objective based gameplay that has not been done before, even tho everyone will know your objective.

hey this is actually fun, i'll pm DiM to work it out.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 pm

zimmah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:and, there is already something similar to missions, although it's not secret, and only one per map

but yeah, using the ones that came with the game is definitely a copyright issue

and, the original ones wouldn't work anyway, because they only deal with the classic map.

nope, you can have multiple objects per map, just they're all the same for all players.

however theoretically you could make a scenario map where different players have different starting regions, and depending on region they could have a different objective, if you make the starting regions themself un-capturable (or at least very hard to capture) you could make objective based gameplay that has not been done before, even tho everyone will know your objective.

We have Oasis, Das Schloss, Feudal war/epic, all of which have objectives to win. We also have assassins games. this suggestion is even more unnecessary now than a few years ago when I suggested it.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby QoH on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
We have Oasis, Das Schloss, Feudal war/epic, all of which have objectives to win. We also have assassins games. this suggestion is even more unnecessary now than a few years ago when I suggested it.

Not if you have objectives like "Hold all of Asia for one round to win" or "Hold 3 territories in each continent to win" or something like that.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby zimmah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
zimmah wrote:

Oasis, never heared of it, oh wait, actually, i wrote the win condition for that map, (and the rest of the XML) :roll:

seriously canĀ“t you even tell that was not what i ment by my post?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 am

>ScaryMary on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:38 pm <
damn these sugestion its so old-who dig these from mud?

Anyhow,even its interesting,its hard to achive,because you need to write XML,in these way to cover all possibile combinations in one map.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby owenshooter on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 pm

awesomeness, period...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Lindax on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 pm

I have played here on CC with missions, on Classic.

Using the cards from the board game, my wife pulls one out for every player and sent them by PM to each player. So nobody knows the other players' missions.

We also used some extra rules, for example:

We use manual deployment, but you cannot deploy more then 4 troops on any territory.

You can only fort 7 troops to 1 territory or the equivalent (3 troops to 1 tert, 4 to another).

Forts can only be adjacent.

Etc.

It's fun, even though the player who gets his mission only gets a big applause. After that you play the game out for the actual winner according to CC.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Missions/Objectives in Standard play?

Postby Seizes on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:45 pm

So, my recent friend asbks and I had the idea of possibly bringing in missions/objectives, like the newer version of Risk. New missions could be created, and the missions themselves would be optional, obviously. It should only be allowed in standard play, so as to avoid an extremely complicated game (Fog/Trench, Nuclear Spoils, etc.).

Some missions could involve taking a certain amount of territories in one turn, or eliminating a player from the game.. Some ideas are listed below:

Missions/Objectives would be purely optional.
Within that option, players could choose to make missions the primary method of victory, OR to simply make the reward for completing missions extra troops (a reasonable amount, of course).
New threads could be started in the forums for people who want to suggest new missions.

I believe implementing missions and objectives into Conquer Club play would be very fun and help people be creative with their style of play. Some people are used to playing Risk with the missions, also, so it would reach out a new audience of potential players, which could effectively raise the amount of Premium Memberships bought.

The credit for this idea goes to "asbks" and myself, "Seizes".
Private 1st Class Seizes

Re: Missions/Objectives in Standard play?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

This has been suggested countless times, so no, you aren't the first to think of it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

mission objective games

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Start having mission objective games similar to what risk has come up with:

Make them along the lines of the random games,except that the mission will be randomly selected. Such as assassin,terminator,or hold a specific objective for x amount of rounds or get a specific objective within x amount of rounds.Also the game selects the settings such as no spoils,nukes,trench etc. Make it really fun depending on the number of players you might find yourself in a team game.You had better be ready to play all the styles of the game if you select this option. you get to select map and number of players thats it the rest is computer selection:

Benefits will include that all desired new medal and for those that enjoy the random medal aspect,this will be similar you dont know what is in that box of chocolates until you bite into it.:

I see where similar suggestions have been put forward before. But with the new features like trench in the possibilities it makes it a little riskier to play this style of game.
Private jgordon1111

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

thanks TFO, I looked and couldnt find the right thread apparently,suggestion still stands though
Private jgordon1111

Postby agentcom on Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 pm

I like it! I've played other games like this.
Colonel agentcom

Re: [GO] Mission Cards

Postby xroads on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:16 am

I cant believe this never got implemented
Major xroads

Re: [GO] Mission Cards

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm

xroads wrote:I cant believe this never got implemented

I can easily believe it. It sounds like a nightmare to impliment & balance.
Every map having different conditions, one player getting a "assassinate player X" mission while another gets "conquer territory Y" is hugely lopsided.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions