Conquer Club

[GO] Mission Cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Secret Missions

Postby edwinissweet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I apologize to the OP for posting something off topic in his thread, no need to get cranky though :)

grifftron wrote:Yeah TFO, bring that star trek sheesh outta here, Nola's idea on the mission cards would be awesome, i would suggest maybe to have some missions actually win the game (mission's that would be more difficult). and some mission just give you bonus troops or something, or maybe in fog games that some missions would turn on the lights. Just an idea. Who ever did this would for sure have to sit down for a long time and write down what all the different missions are gonna be for all the different maps, head ache just thinking about it but i would suggest at least 20 - 30 mission for each map just so players wouldn't know exactly what other players are going for each time because over time players would start to memorize all the missions if it was just a few. Maybe a different way to take care of that issue tho. Still great idea nola. Keep it rollin

-griff

This seems like a ton of work, as you said. I think mission cards would be interesting. It would completely change CC. If this does get implimented, it would probably take a loooong.

To the OP

Im not trying to discourage your idea. I just wanted to point out that it seems like a long project, so be patient. Im going to Unmerge this because i think the original post needs to be kept up to date. Youve gotten some suggestions from myself and fumandomuerte. If you are trully interested in seeing this go through, then i would recommend that you keep a list of possible mission cards. That way people could see that their contributions to the thread are being considered and more likely to post
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Re: Mission Cards

Postby edwinissweet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Actually i think i'll wait for TFO since he is moderating this. That and i dont know how to unmerge things :D
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Well, i updated the first post, and Topic name. But if you seriously don't like how i merged it edwin, all you gotta do, is at the bottom, where you sticky it, is click "split topic".
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby HippieBroker on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:30 pm

I love the idea. I think it would be a ton of work Nola and as has been suggested above, you'd need to have enough "missions" so that opposing teams/players didn't necessarily know which mission you had.

And each map you'd have to have different missions, so this could be quite the undertaking! May be easier to start on one map and move on to other maps after that.

But I definitely think it would add a new dimension to games and could be very exciting. Tho the workload to do so could be extreme.
If you got the time for it, I'd back you all the way!
cheers :D
Colonel HippieBroker

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am

To all of the above this is true and I understand this is a massive undertaking, but it would be worth. I also suggested that another subfourm could be introduce to handle this and each map could have its own thread; however, I shall, for now, choose a map and come up with suggestions as examples of what could be done to that map specifically. Also, I apologize for my crankiness but it was only because of my ambitions. :P
Major Nola_Lifer

[ADD]Missions

Postby TheDavor on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 am

Hi All
in Risk, the goal of game is not every time to having all of the world, but some time, you have to get some territories, regions or area.
it will be very cool that if mission arrived in game, like hafin europe during 3 turns etc... I think that games will be more interressent and addictives !

thanks for reading :)
Corporal 1st Class TheDavor

Re: [ADD]Missions

Postby thebest712 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:15 pm

hmm, this would only work on the classic map?
Major thebest712

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 pm

thebest712 wrote:hmm, this would only work on the classic map?

ya, this would be a problem because it would just be too much work to have at least 12 different "missions" on 160+ maps

- I say 12 because there's a submitted suggestion to have games up to 12 player
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm

This is one of those where I think, "Great Idea!", then, "Wait...that won't work."

The only way I see to do this (speaking from a "I don't know how much work this would be" standpoint), would be for mapmakers to code several objectives into their maps, and CC implements an option which would assign those objectives to individual users.

The problems I see with this are:
1) Adds more time to the map quenching process.
2) All existing maps would have to go back into the foundry to have missions added.

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it's possible.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby MichelSableheart on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

To what extend would adding these missions cause copyright problems?

Besides, the objectives on some maps already capture part of the experience.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:55 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:To what extend would adding these missions cause copyright problems?

Probably a lot, and I'm more than content with how the things are right now anyway. Missions/objectives just seems like something that wouldn't interest me.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:36 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:To what extend would adding these missions cause copyright problems?

Probably a lot, and I'm more than content with how the things are right now anyway. Missions/objectives just seems like something that wouldn't interest me.

Yeah, I think the many different kinds of maps compensate for the lack of missions.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm

We have a soon to be released xml update that will add more 'mission' type things for cartographers to experiment with---it should make for some interesting gameplay.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Ooooh. What kinds of things will we be allowed to do? Conditional stuff?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Conditions is most certainly part of the idea. Once Lack and the Cartos Team hammer out a few details of the dynamics...it should be released soon.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby TheDavor on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:46 pm

mission can be generated like olding 1/3 of territories, or olding a region, missions can be public or private (public mission can be funier ! but private mission and stress ...why not ^^ )
Corporal 1st Class TheDavor

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We have a soon to be released xml update that will add more 'mission' type things for cartographers to experiment with---it should make for some interesting gameplay.
--Andy

anything to get people away from the "realms" style of play that the foundry keeps pumping out... this would be very interesting... an objective/mission would be very cool in team games...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Mission Risk

Postby Lui-Slamo on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, I have been thinking and my friend suggested this idea and so here it is.

I have been searching and I have not found any other thread talking about this idea.I might not have searched well enough or missed it, but if there is any other thread like this, my apologies.

In the board game RISK there were cards each player got and they had a mission. For example,kill Blue or Red, or Own Africa and America. It was random. So what Im suggesting is doing that same thing in here. Im not quite sure about what maps to play this in. It will be cool if this was available for every map though :D .What I do know is that there must be more than 2 players.

This is sort of similar to ASSASIN but it will have several Missions. Like I mentioned above, you can either win by: Owning a certain amount of territories, owning certain continents, or defeating a certain opponent.

This gives you the opportunity to play shorter games, with a different twist. Im pretty sure everyone will enjoy this fun new way of playing at CC.

I appreciate your time and considering this idea.
Sergeant 1st Class Lui-Slamo

Re: Mission Risk

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:18 am

Lui-Slamo wrote:Well, I have been thinking and my friend suggested this idea and so here it is.

I have been searching and I have not found any other thread talking about this idea.I might not have searched well enough or missed it, but if there is any other thread like this, my apologies.

In the board game RISK there were cards each player got and they had a mission. For example,kill Blue or Red, or Own Africa and America. It was random. So what Im suggesting is doing that same thing in here. Im not quite sure about what maps to play this in. It will be cool if this was available for every map though :D .What I do know is that there must be more than 2 players.

This is sort of similar to ASSASIN but it will have several Missions. Like I mentioned above, you can either win by: Owning a certain amount of territories, owning certain continents, or defeating a certain opponent.

This gives you the opportunity to play shorter games, with a different twist. Im pretty sure everyone will enjoy this fun new way of playing at CC.

This has been suggested before. It has mostly been shot down because there are SO many maps, that it would take a long time for people to come up with at least 8 unique Missions for each map. Plus, some maps like Doodle probably couldn't support 8 missions.

Also I am not exactly sure if Hasbro would be keen on us taking more of their idea's :-s
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby faamatauj on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am

play
New Recruit faamatauj

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 am

Besides that, there a several dozen maps with win objectives, which is essentially what mission risk is.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

How bout having the same map, lets say 2.1, Have Vanilla 2.1 and Objective 2.1. Instead of handing out cards, make up 8 objectives that can be ways to win for everyone. Mission cards will always be suggested but most likely won't be implemented but if you have the same map but an objective options to win maybe it can work and also avoid t he whole Hasbro issue.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby 40kguy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Lui-Slamo wrote:Well, I have been thinking and my friend suggested this idea and so here it is.

This has been suggested before. It has mostly been shot down because there are SO many maps, that it would take a long time for people to come up with at least 8 unique Missions for each map. Plus, some maps like Doodle probably couldn't support 8 missions.

Also I am not exactly sure if Hasbro would be keen on us taking more of their idea's :-s

we could just make it an option like assassin.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:55 pm

faamatauj wrote:play

what?
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:18 pm

It would be nice to see a set of missions for one map, just to see how and if it could work. Try it out as a beta, then add a set of missions to a different map if the original one works out. Probably need to avoid doing this to classic ftm.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions