Conquer Club

Don't buy me premium button/option

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Don't buy me premium button/option

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 pm

The ability to stop people from buying you premium, via a button in the control panel.

Specifics/Details:
A button in the control panel, that you press, that when pressed, will stop the ability of other users to buy you premium. To be used by members of the site who may not wish to have $25 wasted on them because they plan to cut back on their use.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
I for one have been bought premium 2 or 3 times. And while I have enjoyed it, my time at conquer club is coming to an end. If someone were to spend the $25 on me for premium again, it would just go to waste, I'd rather have the option of declining, so that the gift giver may give it to someone who would more happily enjoy it.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Re: Don't buy me premium button/option

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm

yeah tired of those asshats buying everyone premium. leave us alone!
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 pm

No really, I think this is a good idea. A thing that pops up telling you that someone has offered to buy you premium and you can accept it or not. It would be a shame for someone who didn't want premium to get it over a person who did.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:No really, I think this is a good idea. A thing that pops up telling you that someone has offered to buy you premium and you can accept it or not. It would be a shame for someone who didn't want premium to get it over a person who did.

I have to agree with this. but I'd think it better to be that you decide up front if you want people to be able to buy you premium or not... Then if you don't want to the option is not shown on your wall. Overall though I support this idea... it really doesn't make sense someone getting premium that they won't use.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

trinicardinal wrote: but I'd think it better to be that you decide up front if you want people to be able to buy you premium or not...

Yes, even better.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I can't remember who it was for certain but, there was a young lady that inherited money from her uncle on the condition she gave it to charity. She decided to buy premiums for people here. (I'm not making this up ask Andy or someone)

So she made some threads where you could come in and tell her why you deserved a premium.

Obviously I couldn't resist a chance to be a goof and proceeded to post something utterly rediculas regarding me getting one. Soon enough I get a PM about how she bought me one.

Well I was just being a goof and now took a premium from someone that might actually deserve it. I all ready had one to boot. I PMed lackattack ( you could do that back then ) told him what was up and asked him to pass it on to someone that actually should get it. He did it.

I don't know how often this happens but I suppose a button might be easier after the code is done.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm

the real question is if he is using reverse psychology to get a troll to buy him premium because "he doesn't want it"
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby darth emperor on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:03 pm

I really like the idea, is a very good one. But I highly doubt they would put an option where they can't take the money. I'm sure they'll prefer to be wasted than no to give it.

MoB Deadly wrote:the real question is if he is using reverse psychology to get a troll to buy him premium because "he doesn't want it"

:lol: :lol: :lol: That makes me wonder why I'm replying seriously(and stating something very obvious) to this joke-thread.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:40 am

I was not joking at all in this thread. My current premium is expiring some time this year. At that time, I'll likely stop visiting the site altogether. I'd rather not have someone spend 25 dollars on me that I won't use. Another option would be to have the recipient of the premium hold on to when they can redeem the year of premium, and also allow them to pass it on to someone
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Re:

Postby agentcom on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm

2dimes wrote:I can't remember who it was for certain but, there was a young lady that inherited money from her uncle on the condition she gave it to charity. She decided to buy premiums for people here. (I'm not making this up ask Andy or someone)

So she made some threads where you could come in and tell her why you deserved a premium.

Obviously I couldn't resist a chance to be a goof and proceeded to post something utterly rediculas regarding me getting one. Soon enough I get a PM about how she bought me one.

Well I was just being a goof and now took a premium from someone that might actually deserve it. I all ready had one to boot. I PMed lackattack ( you could do that back then ) told him what was up and asked him to pass it on to someone that actually should get it. He did it.

I don't know how often this happens but I suppose a button might be easier after the code is done.

I think that rather than coding in a button that few people will have use for and even fewer will find a better way of dealing with instances of unwanted premium is probably just to contact the admin. I see someone buying you unwanted premium as an exceedingly rare "problem."
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gillipig on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 am

MoB Deadly wrote:the real question is if he is using reverse psychology to get a troll to buy him premium because "he doesn't want it"

:lol: That's hilarious! If he did it he certainly got me, I was convinced he didn't want premium, until I read this lol. stazn, nice strategy bud ;)!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 pm

betiko wrote:yeah tired of those asshats buying everyone premium. leave us alone!

its annoying, i get that all the time
PLEASE STOP BUYING ME PREMIUM...cant handle it anymore 8-[
Colonel Armandolas

Return to Archived Suggestions