Conquer Club

[Medal] Think Fast Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Medal] Think Fast Medal

Postby swoopy00091 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Medal title: Think fast
To qualify: Play a map for the first time and win your first 5 games on that map.

As a lot of people have said, if you play a lot of games you will win most of the medals out there. This one is different - every time you fail to win on a new map you could never qualify for this medal on it. It would take real skill to achieve with no practice first !!!

I would suggest 1,3 & 5 for Bronze/Silver/Gold - i have a couple of maps i have played once or twice and have 100% record on, but 5 would be tough ! :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class swoopy00091

Re: New Medal suggestion

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:50 pm

I like the concept. The problem is that all of the veteran players can't really do this because they've already played on maps. And they might have played differently otherwise. Another downfall is the same type of situation with this suggestion. It could encourage farming a abuse. Although this is a smaller scale.

I'll add this to the Medal List Thread.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:23 pm

i am against this as it would not apply to the majority of players on this site
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby swoopy00091 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:31 pm

I take the points, but i stand by the concept, although some tweaking may be needed. New maps are added all the time so even veteran players like you greenoaks would have an opportunity every time a new map was released.
As for farming - yes that could be an issue but no more so than with the crossmap achievement surely?

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 pm

swoopy00091 wrote:I take the points, but i stand by the concept, although some tweaking may be needed. New maps are added all the time so even veteran players like you greenoaks would have an opportunity every time a new map was released.
As for farming - yes that could be an issue but no more so than with the crossmap achievement surely?

no, crossmap doesn't require consecutive wins. i can still achieve it with enough patience even if i lose 100 games for every victory achieved.

yours there is only 1 shot at it, ever. it is unattainable for most players on most maps and will encourage bannable behaviour on new maps.

however a better title for this might be Beginners Luck
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby swoopy00091 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Like the title !
You missed my point on Crossmaps - was referring to crossmap achievement encouraging farming the same way this medal may. In that obviously players with 4 wins and (in your example) 100 losses on a particular map may be tempted to find / lure a noob into a 1v1 to get the crossmap medal. Clearly the same type of farming could be used in Beginners luck / Think fast.

I do take your point with veteran players - i have played (and mostly lost) on most maps too - one option could be to allow only newly added maps to be eligible.

Think the concept worth exploring - just a "suggestion" after all :)

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

There's just a general ethos on this forum that medals should always be obtainable if you play enough games. Any medal suggestions that require consecutive victories go against that grain, so it's going to be tough to get community support.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 am

swoopy00091 wrote:Like the title !
You missed my point on Crossmaps - was referring to crossmap achievement encouraging farming the same way this medal may. In that obviously players with 4 wins and (in your example) 100 losses on a particular map may be tempted to find / lure a noob into a 1v1 to get the crossmap medal. Clearly the same type of farming could be used in Beginners luck / Think fast.

I do take your point with veteran players - i have played (and mostly lost) on most maps too - one option could be to allow only newly added maps to be eligible.

Think the concept worth exploring - just a "suggestion" after all :)

cross map doesn't encourage farming at all. that's not to say someone won't do it because they want the medal in a hurry, it's just that it is not required. everyone can get there if they keep trying. 5 trys, 500 trys, 5000 trys - they still have a shot at getting it. this suggestion gives you 1 chance. if you are serious about achieving it then
breaking site rules becomes the only way to ensure you are successful.

and put the name of the medal suggested in the title of the first thread.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 am

I'm going to come in and make an Admin veto on this -- sorry bud! Medals that aren't reasonably attainable by most of our members are superfluous. We will not be implementing this medal, but keep the ideas rolling -- it's where most of the updates come from :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Return to Suggestions