Conquer Club

Move Callouts

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Move Callouts

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 am

Since the re-organisation of the forum callouts has seen even less traffic than normal. With the ongoing great decline, getting games filled can be enough of a struggle, but Callouts provided somewhat of a solution. Please move it back up within the main bulk of the forum so it gets the love and attention it deserves. I'm aware blakebowling has a total forum overhaul in the works but given how crap he is can we move on from that now?

I would use the form but this suggestion is simple enough anyhow. The form is also shit.

Thanks.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Move Callouts

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Delete callouts gets my support

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm

IcePack wrote:Delete callouts gets my support

Why?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:17 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Why?

As your post hints at, it's a pretty dead area. Another area could easily fill in for it, or join a game revamped to help fill games somehow. Lots of potential changes to improve that, and IMO having a callouts area in forum probably isn't that worthwhile.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 pm

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Why?

As your post hints at, it's a pretty dead area. Another area could easily fill in for it, or join a game revamped to help fill games somehow. Lots of potential changes to improve that, and IMO having a callouts area in forum probably isn't that worthwhile.

I've found it to be helpful in getting games filled. Given the current membership size and trend there needs to be something, especially since the callouts section of live chat is dead as well. What would you propose as an alternative?

I'm also curious to see what you would replace callouts with in general. It looks like the forum's changed again.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Why?

I've found it to be helpful in getting games filled. Given the current membership size and trend there needs to be something, especially since the callouts section of live chat is dead as well. What would you propose as an alternative?

I'm also curious to see what you would replace callouts with in general. It looks like the forum's changed again.

Well, ultimately I would suggest something that I know probably wouldn't go anywhere so I'm not going to waste my time.

With lower users and low forum use, it makes sense to condense these "extra" areas that see little activity somewhere else. I would probably pick GD area as the central location for anything game related, and make a sticky post up top for callouts (one thread post that's used by everyone).

Same would go for Q&A (most just post questions in GD area anyway) and they're game related as well generally speaking. Ideally, I would have one location getting ten posts a day instead of ten locations all getting one post a day. That way everyone could see an active site related forum area and have a single go to place instead of many places or super specialized that get low activity.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 pm

I think a single thread is too extreme, but I agree with the premise. The forums have changed again, into an even more pointless order.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 pm

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Why?

Well, ultimately I would suggest something that I know probably wouldn't go anywhere so I'm not going to waste my time.

With lower users and low forum use, it makes sense to condense these "extra" areas that see little activity somewhere else. I would probably pick GD area as the central location for anything game related, and make a sticky post up top for callouts (one thread post that's used by everyone).

Same would go for Q&A (most just post questions in GD area anyway) and they're game related as well generally speaking. Ideally, I would have one location getting ten posts a day instead of ten locations all getting one post a day. That way everyone could see an active site related forum area and have a single go to place instead of many places or super specialized that get low activity.

Actually not a bad idea.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Archived Suggestions