Conquer Club

Either mod or dont mod.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Either mod or dont mod.

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:56 am

Concise description:

Moderation of threads should either be complete moderation or no moderation. Selective moderation shows the personak favouritism of the mods and is discriminative.

Specifics/Details:

Things have got out of hand since Owen left. The Conquer Club discussion forum was allowed to get out of hand. In an attempt to correct this mods have moved only a few threads which they taje personal afront to.

These sctions have only served to stoke the flames and encourage furthrr trolling testing the apparent new boundaries.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Actually foind a complete job would show the mods to be active.

If this is not possible inaction will allow the community to learn for themselves that repetitive posting gets dull.

Might suggest that conquer club isnt pathologically scared of being homophobic.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Re: Either mod or dont mod.

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:16 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:In an attempt to correct this mods have moved only a few threads which they taje personal afront to.

I'll assume this is directed at me. Gross misconception. I, personally, am not affronted by any of the threads which were moved. I have, however, received numerous requests in the last few days to do something about cleaning up the spam threads in GD. Nothing was done according to personal whim. I read through each thread and was rigorously objective in looking to see if it actually contained any debate about the state of CC. Erring on the side of caution, I left alone those which contained any debate about CC at all, and moved those which contained none at all. It's a strictly objective test, and for all your histrionics involves no personal prejudices at all.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby xroads on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:02 am

No shit!

The GD forum has been over run by a bunch of 12 yr old kids.

Take that shit to the off topic forum.
Major xroads

Postby mrswdk on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 am

Dukasaur wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:In an attempt to correct this mods have moved only a few threads which they taje personal afront to.

I'll assume this is directed at me. Gross misconception. I, personally, am not affronted by any of the threads which were moved. I have, however, received numerous requests in the last few days to do something about cleaning up the spam threads in GD. Nothing was done according to personal whim. I read through each thread and was rigorously objective in looking to see if it actually contained any debate about the state of CC. Erring on the side of caution, I left alone those which contained any debate about CC at all, and moved those which contained none at all. It's a strictly objective test, and for all your histrionics involves no personal prejudices at all.

Well, you moved notyou'2 thread about Global Chat to OT.

That said, this thread has to be even worse than Serbia's necro bumping crusade. Nominate Ginkapo for a 3-day ban.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:00 am

xroads wrote:No shit!

+1,000,000

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:08 pm

IcePack wrote:
xroads wrote:No shit!

+1,000,000

+100,000,000

Just get rid of the crap.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:30 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Well, you moved notyou'2 thread about Global Chat to OT.

That said, this thread has to be even worse than Serbia's necro bumping crusade. Nominate Ginkapo for a 3-day ban.

Have any of your threads in GD had anything to do with CC recently? Yourself and Caffeine have taken the opportunity to troll.

You both are well aware of the rules, and are abusing them. If we go for actually enforcing moderation, you two should face punishment.

Alas to your request, should the mods wish to take action against my somewhat spammy behaviour this morning, then it will be a warning a I have not been punished for anything before. I was well aware of this when I made those actions.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:06 pm

This is not the place to complain about moderator behavior. Please bring it up in GD or with the mod(s) in question via PM. If that doesn't satisfy you, then escalate to team leader and/or admin.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Return to Archived Suggestions