Conquer Club

(Anonymous) Risk-Free "Friendlies"

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

yes and no

Postby Piestar on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:40 am

austex wrote:IMO, it doesn't have to be anonymous. Like Hatch suggested, they could be called "friendly matches". They wouldn't be for points and wouldn't count in your wins/losses. The point would be to learn, play with players of all rank, learn new maps, try out new game styles, etc. For example, I'm a singles player, but would like to learn team play from good team players without the RISK of losing points. I'd also like to play friends/family that suck or are just beginning for just the fun of it and to teach them the game. How effective can I be teaching them when I stand to lose 60+ points if they win?

I've even considered opening a second "my brother/my wife" account for this exact reason. One account to be serious and one to have fun and not care about points. The accounts wouldn't play each other, so there should be no reason to accuse me of being a multi. BUT, for the risk of being labeled a cheater, I haven't done it.

Point-free games makes more sense to me, and it would still allow for feedback.

Setting up a second account would still be a problem though, because we are only supposed to get four games for free. Setting up a multi for extra free games is perhaps not as bad as for cheating, but it's still stealing, in a very real way.
Sergeant Piestar

Postby Ishiro on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:43 am

Are you so worried about points that you are unwilling to try new strategies in games?

That just sounds silly... but if its true, I'm going to read up on all your old games and then join every game you are in so I can beat you all the time since you never try new stuff.

I seriously don't get why people are so protective of their score...
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby austex on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 am

Ishiro wrote:Are you so worried about points that you are unwilling to try new strategies in games?

That just sounds silly... but if its true, I'm going to read up on all your old games and then join every game you are in so I can beat you all the time since you never try new stuff.

I seriously don't get why people are so protective of their score...

LOL... Do you actually think that I have one strategy? And do you think you could learn my strategy from looking at my games? Strategies are continuously changing with every players move.

I never said I'm unwilling to try new strategies. What I said is that I'd like to play some games just for fun. To try new games styles/maps (I've played almost all of them), play friends or family that suck or are new, or play open games. Playing open games when your high ranking sucks because stupid noobs think your a target because they can earn a lot of points. What's fun about joining a game just to get attacked by everyone?

I have two goals in mind when playing. First comes having fun. Second is to do well. I do have lots of fun here playing the game style I enjoy most (6 player, standard, sequential, esc- aka game of champions :D ). Unfortunately, the second doesn't allow me to play all games with all people. That's why I'd like to have some "friendly games".

There is no reason to even get into the whole "I don't get why people are so protective of their score" debate. Its always said by people who have lower scores. I don't know one person who has over 2000 points that doesn't care about their points precisely because they do and that's how they got there.
Major austex

Re: yes and no

Postby austex on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:25 am

Piestar wrote: Setting up a second account would still be a problem though, because we are only supposed to get four games for free. Setting up a multi for extra free games is perhaps not as bad as for cheating, but it's still stealing, in a very real way.

What if one account is premium? Technically cheating, but not really cheating. Again, this is what I'd like to do, not what I've done.
Major austex

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions