Conquer Club

Graph of Score History

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Graph of Score History

Postby Enderlm on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Add a graph somewhere you can view that shows your score over time. The graph would update with each game, and then you can at a glance see if you've having a bad day, without trying to check through eliminated games.
Captain Enderlm

Postby moz976 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 am

Not sure if we will implement a graph but more detailed user statistics is on our To-Do List:
More Individual User Stats
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

score over time

Postby dnucci on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:21 pm

OK, So, I put this in general discussions, but I guess I shoulda put it here. Would people like to see players' scores over time? For example, are they consistent? Are they on a recent decline or hot streak? I am thinking a little graph might not be too hard, but I'm no programmer. (see related thread in General Discussions)
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
Sergeant dnucci

Postby hecter on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:26 pm

Fill out the form…
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby RobinJ on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you about the form - it's in the sticky at the top.

Once again, I support your idea
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

sugestion: graphic with the historic of the rank of a user

Postby zoeirapura on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:17 pm

<Subject>:

* Concise Idea: view a historic of the rank of a user

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: view the historic of ranking points
* Specifics:
In the profile of a user view the historic of ranking, how many games was played, the results, a graphic with the variation of the rank.
Something like this:
http://www.timeforchess.com/profile/pla ... uid=224146

* Why it is needed: To enter in games that you will have some chance of win.
Private zoeirapura

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:07 pm

In all honesty, just because you join a game against someone with a much higher rank doesn't mean you are already at a disadvantage. I have played in plenty of games with players you have far higher ranks than me and I've won some, lost some, and gotten my rear handed to me in others.

If you want to join a game with people of your rank, it isn't that hard, just look at the ranks of people in the game you want to join. If they are too high for you to handle, don't join.

Having a history of what the persons rank was doesn't really mean much. I am currently a Private First Class, a week ago I was a Cadet, a week before that I was a Corporal First Class, a week before that I was a Cadet, a week before that I was a private. That entire time I haven't changed my playing style one bit. Knowing what my rank was over the last three months isn't going to have any bearing on how I play.

Those who have ranks that stay high usually play in the same type of game over and over, they know what they like and they have specialized in it, those who fluctuate in ranks have just gone with whatever sounds good. I've had weeks where I played nothing but doubles, then a few weeks loaded with 1 vs 1 games.

In the end, it didn't change HOW I played, it just meant I was more successful at some types than others.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Progress graph?

Postby KingCoolDaddy on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 am

How about a time-vs-score graph of your historic rise and fall in rank and position? Would be nice to be able to see someone's meteoric rise.... or those two weeks where you just got buried.

It could show how you did right from when you joined, and all the swings inbetween...

Thoughts?
"The beatings will continue until morale improves..."

Highest Position: 32
Highest Score: 2849
Highest Rank: Major
Major KingCoolDaddy

Re: Progress graph?

Postby Night Strike on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:03 pm

KingCoolDaddy wrote:How about a time-vs-score graph of your historic rise and fall in rank and position? Would be nice to be able to see someone's meteoric rise.... or those two weeks where you just got buried.

It could show how you did right from when you joined, and all the swings inbetween...

Thoughts?

This is nice, which is why I suggested archiving ranks a while back. The problem lies in finding all the past information (new information would be relatively easy).
Major Night Strike

Postby Shrinky on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 am

How about checking to see if this has already been suggested or not?

Here's the link to the same thing.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27264

Hell lots of ppl are saying the one and very same thing.
Major Shrinky

Point graphing system

Postby Syndrome on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Would it be possible to implement a point graphing system you would be able to view a persons it would show your points over the last period of time.

There are a couple different ways it could display the graph.

A. Over the last week, month etc where you could see the point changes over that period of time.

B. The last 10, 20, 30 etc whatever amount of games where you could see the point changes over that period of time.

A good example of this would be from another online game called tribal wars. Its hard to explain so i will let this do it a little better.

http://w4.twplus.org/index.php?tool=file&pid=149543

This could be placed into the current profile page.

discuss ;)
Corporal 1st Class Syndrome

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:36 am

This is unlikely to happen because all past games would probably have to be done manually.
Please thoroughly read the following threads and perform a forum search before making suggestions:
Suggestions Box (Lack's 'To-Do' List)
Suggestion & Bug Report Forms
Captain spiesr

Postby Syndrome on Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:13 am

I'm not sure how all the ranks and scores are stored, but if its in a spreadsheet/database with when you scored well then it would be relatively easy to implement.

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:39 am

spiesr wrote:This is unlikely to happen because all past games would probably have to be done manually.

Not if there is one "start day", and everything from then on is recorded. The graphs don't have to go back to the beginning of time, they just need to have the ability to show how the last few games went.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:57 am

I think this would be pretty sweet actually.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby Syndrome on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 am

You would be able to ride someones streak or check out who was doing amazzzing :)

Re: Point graphing system

Postby Lance Thrust on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Syndrome wrote:A good example of this would be from another online game called tribal wars. Its hard to explain so i will let this do it a little better.

http://w4.twplus.org/index.php?tool=file&pid=149543

This could be placed into the current profile page.

discuss ;)

another example would be Chess at Work:
http://www.chessatwork.com/profile/playerprofile.php

I am behind this idea 100%
Colonel Lance Thrust

Postby zoeirapura on Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:If you want to join a game with people of your rank, it isn't that hard, just look at the ranks of people in the game you want to join. If they are too high for you to handle, don't join.

Totally agree.

Now the point that I don't agree.
If you can view the history of games played AND the rank the player was, you can view how engaged the player is. If the player is a deadbeat.
Like you said, the rank can have fluctuations because the player specialized in one type of game, but like you said too, the rank vary with other reasons. The idea of a graphic that display the rank historic is to the other players know WHO is in the game just looking at the graphics, don't creating the desire to explore the historic of the player before joining a game.
Private zoeirapura

Postby DiM on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:41 pm

i would love that kind of graph even if it existed solely for statistical purposes.
but i do think it can have also practical purposes.

the best example is wacicha. a great player that has a lot of public games so the chances of getting in one of his games is pretty high. he's a lieutenant now but 2 weeks ago he was a corporal and a month ago he was an officer. so his point swings are very high. well if i never heard of him and see he's a corporal i'd join a game not expecting to be outplayed by somebody that was a major. so a graph would warn me of the possibilities of that player.

also such a graph would show you a very good indication of a player's current form. i've had swings of 4-500 points up and down. and i know for a fact that my play style changes depending on the score. i was a captain for quite a while and then i suddenly dropped in a day 300 points and became a lieutenant again. my play style changed because i wanted to get back to captain. i played better and got back 400 points. plus being on a good streak may make a player more aggressive because he feels more confident.
also seeing a guy that's constantly over 2000 points let's you know he rarely makes mistakes he has a constant play style and so on. lots of info can be gathered by studying the recent games and the way score changed.
for example a guy is on a downfall of 400 points look at his recent games and you see 20 assassin games, all lost. it's clear that guy is trying something new and apparently he sucks at it. so if you have the chance to join a game with him with those settings then you should do it. even if his score could indicate he's much better than you.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:05 pm

DiM wrote:i would love that kind of graph even if it existed solely for statistical purposes.
but i do think it can have also practical purposes.

the best example is wacicha. a great player that has a lot of public games so the chances of getting in one of his games is pretty high. he's a lieutenant now but 2 weeks ago he was a corporal and a month ago he was an officer. so his point swings are very high. well if i never heard of him and see he's a corporal i'd join a game not expecting to be outplayed by somebody that was a major. so a graph would warn me of the possibilities of that player.

also such a graph would show you a very good indication of a player's current form. i've had swings of 4-500 points up and down. and i know for a fact that my play style changes depending on the score. i was a captain for quite a while and then i suddenly dropped in a day 300 points and became a lieutenant again. my play style changed because i wanted to get back to captain. i played better and got back 400 points. plus being on a good streak may make a player more aggressive because he feels more confident.
also seeing a guy that's constantly over 2000 points let's you know he rarely makes mistakes he has a constant play style and so on. lots of info can be gathered by studying the recent games and the way score changed.
for example a guy is on a downfall of 400 points look at his recent games and you see 20 assassin games, all lost. it's clear that guy is trying something new and apparently he sucks at it. so if you have the chance to join a game with him with those settings then you should do it. even if his score could indicate he's much better than you.

I totally agree. This would be an awesome thing to have.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Suggestion for your player details

Postby Craig25 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Add a graph to show your ranking since joining conquer club detailing the rise and fall of your grading and the highest and lowest graded you have been.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Timminz on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:10 pm

i like the idea. I can't see it being high on the list of things to do, but I like it.
Captain Timminz

Postby sfhbballnut on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:13 pm

not a fan of the graph, maybe a high and low ranking read out
Corporal sfhbballnut

User stats - keep track of score against time

Postby cheeky764 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:58 pm

I think it would be cool for each user to be able to go into their profile and see a graph of their points / level against time. I know for instance that i've been between 950 and 1300, but it would be nice to see the peaks and troughs! What does everyone think?
Sergeant 1st Class cheeky764

score history displayed as a graphic

Postby pamoa on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:57 am

:idea: I would like to see my score progression from the start :idea:

I think it would be nice to se a graphic of our score progression and it souldn't be a such amount of data compared to all the game histories.
Something like what my bank is doing with my bankaccount saldo, showing the up's and specially the downs !
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions