Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Its these a good idea?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 108

Re: (poll)Two Scoreboards-MVP of the Month(description page 1)

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I would like to see people like you joining the ''U-BUILD IT'' contest. :D
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Qwert on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm

by lackattack on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:29 am

The concept is cool... I'd give it a closer look after I finish some work on the tournaments system.

Thank you for post here Lack :)
I hope that these can be implement in CC.

by porkenbeans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 am

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC I would like to see people like you joining the ''U-BUILD IT'' contest.

What :?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 pm

qwert wrote:
by lackattack on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:29 am

The concept is cool... I'd give it a closer look after I finish some work on the tournaments system.

Thank you for post here Lack :)
I hope that these can be implement in CC.

by porkenbeans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 am

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC I would like to see people like you joining the ''U-BUILD IT'' contest.

What :?
Suggs and bugs, its there right next to this 1 at the moment.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:09 pm

what if when you get points on the monthly list it shows what you would have got at the lowest rank?
Cadet realmfighter

Postby Qwert on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:15 pm

by realmfighter on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 am

what if when you get points on the monthly list it shows what you would have got at the lowest rank?

Sorry,but can you give me longest explanation of your Question, i must say that i dont quit understand what you ask. :| :?:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 pm

i was suggesting that when you get points, you get the same amount of points as everyone else (for the monthly list).
Cadet realmfighter

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:23 pm

realmfighter wrote:i was suggesting that when you get points, you get the same amount of points as everyone else (for the monthly list).

Point farming. It would be far more profitable to play really low ranks, that do not know strategies that against people who actually can play well.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 pm

The Neon Peon wrote: Point farming. It would be far more profitable to play really low ranks, that do not know strategies that against people who actually can play well.

what if you could only win and lose points after a minimum number of games?
Cadet realmfighter

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:38 pm

realmfighter wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote: Point farming. It would be far more profitable to play really low ranks, that do not know strategies that against people who actually can play well.

It does not matter. I could just as easily play a cook who will waste 80% of his armies in 3v3 attacks in the first round, and gain the same amount of points as trying to beat a colonel on a specialty map.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:42 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
realmfighter wrote:i was suggesting that when you get points, you get the same amount of points as everyone else (for the monthly list).

Point farming. It would be far more profitable to play really low ranks, that do not know strategies that against people who actually can play well.
So, its the same as it is now in that respect. All the second scoreboard is doing, is, showing who has won the most points on a regular basis. Who knows, might even help the hunters in 1 way or another.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:49 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
realmfighter wrote:what if you could only win and lose points after a minimum number of games?

It does not matter. I could just as easily play a cook who will waste 80% of his armies in 3v3 attacks in the first round, and gain the same amount of points as trying to beat a colonel on a specialty map.

so? all that means is that you got lucky, like you can get lucky with dice rolls and starting positions.
Cadet realmfighter

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:59 pm

You don't get this:

1. People want points.
2. People earn few points from low ranks, but they win against them more often.
3. People earn a lot of points from high ranks, but win few times.
4. If your suggestion was made, then it would be stupid to play against anyone over 500 points, if you are trying to get your rank up.

It does not take too much thought. Right now, I do not play cooks because:
1. Winning in 5 rounds is not exactly what you call "fun"
2. I gain 5 or 6 points from them
3. I lose 40 points from them

I play high ranks because:
1. It is a challenge, and hard to win
2. I gain a lot of points
3. I lose few points

Okay, now... if I earned the same amount of points from both... my rank would be sergeant by playing high ranks, and general if I played cooks. That is the problem. In General, low ranks are easy win in 1v1, high ranks are hard to beat.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:04 pm

then you could have a new ranking system for the monthly.
Cadet realmfighter

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 pm

realmfighter wrote:then you could have a new ranking system for the monthly.

What do you mean?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby realmfighter on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:17 pm

like the normal ranking system, just for the monthly points
Cadet realmfighter

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:You don't get this:

1. People want points.
2. People earn few points from low ranks, but they win against them more often.
3. People earn a lot of points from high ranks, but win few times.
4. If your suggestion was made, then it would be stupid to play against anyone over 500 points, if you are trying to get your rank up.

It does not take too much thought. Right now, I do not play cooks because:
1. Winning in 5 rounds is not exactly what you call "fun"
2. I gain 5 or 6 points from them
3. I lose 40 points from them

I play high ranks because:
1. It is a challenge, and hard to win
2. I gain a lot of points
3. I lose few points

Okay, now... if I earned the same amount of points from both... my rank would be sergeant by playing high ranks, and general if I played cooks. That is the problem. In General, low ranks are easy win in 1v1, high ranks are hard to beat.
You sure can use a lot of words to say nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: His idea does nothing to change the game, for anyone. It only adds a benefit to those who might find the info. useful. I suspect that even your peon brain could gleen something from said info. :twisted: just turn on your :idea: ,neon.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm

porkenbeans, if you would like to explain how this does not make it more profitable in every single way to play cooks, go ahead. That is what my post was about, and if you think it was BS and idiotic, I would like you to explain a fault in why his suggestion does not fit in with what I said.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:

porkenbeans, if you would like to explain how this does not make it more profitable in every single way to play cooks, go ahead. That is what my post was about, and if you think it was BS and idiotic, I would like you to explain a fault in why his suggestion does not fit in with what I said.
maybe one of us read him wrong. I thought that he said the second leaderboard was for to list and see who has won the most points in a given mo. How on earth does that change the game in any way ? that leaderboard will change EVERY mo. It does not effect your score or rank in any way. It only serves as info. that you may be able to use. So, pull your head out, dude. :lol:
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:27 am

Please,dont use hard word here, i realy dont want any fight.
These sugestion scoreboard dont change anything in regular scoreboard, Every body start with same number of point, and with rank what they have in regular scoreboard. Point who you earn for one month is counted in MVP scoreboard in same way like in present scoreboard,but worth only for one month,after end of month,all point go to 0. Mvp is player who have most collected point for these month. Its very simple,and i think that its quit possible to implement.

I dont understand what you mean?

Sugestion like-get same ammount of point for win,its not good,because cooks who score is quit negative-will only help to high ranked player to get more point for easy win,and these is not correct. in 10 games Cook agains Captain or some other high rank,will lost maybe 8 games and win 2 or will lost all games, and if they get same ammount of point,then high ranked player will be in very big advantage over lover ranked players.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby porkenbeans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

qwert wrote:Please,dont use hard word here, i realy dont want any fight.
These sugestion scoreboard dont change anything in regular scoreboard, Every body start with same number of point, and with rank what they have in regular scoreboard. Point who you earn for one month is counted in MVP scoreboard in same way like in present scoreboard,but worth only for one month,after end of month,all point go to 0. Mvp is player who have most collected point for these month. Its very simple,and i think that its quit possible to implement.

Sugestion like-get same ammount of point for win,its not good,because cooks who score is quit negative-will only help to high ranked player to get more point for easy win,and these is not correct. in 10 games Cook agains Captain or some other high rank,will lost maybe 8 games and win 2 or will lost all games, and if they get same ammount of point,then high ranked player will be in very big advantage over lover ranked players.
Of coarse, you are right. I appoligize for the rudeness, It's just that I've seen from one end of this forum, to the other, the same group of people that do nothing but demolition work. A job, by the way, that takes the least amount of skill, knowledge, or creativity. Maybe I just havent read enough, to see neons', ''good'' side. Biligrent, cruel, self-rightous, and stuck in the mud. Thats what ive learned about him. I hope that I will soon stumble upon a neon post that shows his better angels. [-o<
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby porkenbeans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:54 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
qwert wrote:Please,dont use hard word here, i realy dont want any fight.

Of coarse, you are right. I appoligize for the rudeness, It's just that I've seen from one end of this forum, to the other, the same group of people that do nothing but demolition work. A job, by the way, that takes the least amount of skill, knowledge, or creativity. Maybe I just havent read enough, to see neons', ''good'' side. Biligrent, cruel, self-rightous, and stuck in the mud. Thats what ive learned about him. I hope that I will soon stumble upon a neon post that shows his better angels. [-o<
Done. =D> =D> =D> Thanks so much for your assistance, neon.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Geger on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:10 am

Great Idea.
But why is there only one medal?
Make 3 medals, Gold for Winner, Silver for runner up and Bronze for 3rd place :mrgreen:
Major Geger

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:41 am

by Geger on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 am

Great Idea.
But why is there only one medal?
Make 3 medals, Gold for Winner, Silver for runner up and Bronze for 3rd place

Well these is only initial idea for MVP medals, i dont quit sure that its need for more then one medal per month.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Thezzaruz on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:42 am

Geger wrote:Make 3 medals, Gold for Winner, Silver for runner up and Bronze for 3rd place :mrgreen:

I don't really think that the concept of MVP makes for a runner up medal tbh.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:21 am

I don't really think that the concept of MVP makes for a runner up medal tbh.

I think also,its will be similar like Tournament medals or Map medals,when only one get medal.
If in near future Lack create tournament medals,then its normal that only winner get medal. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions