Conquer Club

Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

is turning busted multis armies into neutrals a good idea?

a resounding YES!!!
93%
a resounding HECK NO!!!!
7%

Total votes : 91

Re: Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals

Postby broncojd78 on Fri May 22, 2009 6:33 pm

if you ran a process on busted multis like you do deadbeats, then problem solved.
Sergeant broncojd78

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 22, 2009 9:09 pm

yeti_c wrote:
lancehoch wrote:
owenshooter wrote:question, when a person is busted for multiple accounts, why are they allowed to play out their games, possibly taking points off of members that are not cheats?
This is because the busted player still has the right to appeal. If they are cleared after a second look and they have done nothing wrong, then why should they have been forced to lose all of their active games?

As stated before - the people who successfully appeal are far outweighed by the people in the games that are ruined by having multi's that are still alive...

In fact the number of multi's will be outweighed heavily by the number of people in the games that they are ruining.

So - My point is - take the punishment away from the many and give it to the few - especially as 90% of those few are cheaters.
C.

As someone who is in 90+ games at a time routinely, I would be incredibly angry if I were found to be a multi (in error) only to be reinstated but having lost all of my games! Angry enough that I wouldn't return, quite honestly.

As much as I despite multi's, I agree with lancehoch on this one.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 22, 2009 9:12 pm

yeti_c wrote:
lancehoch wrote:
owenshooter wrote:exactly lance! so why not just turn them neutral instead of discussing deleting them? i love when people argue my points for me in round about ways! i knew you would see the light lance!!!-0

I guess I was slightly off topic there, but turning them neutral would have a similar effect as not letting the person take their turns (well, the same effect, just 72 hours sooner). The reason I do not like the idea is that there are people who are incorrectly busted (see the incident a few weeks ago where 50 people were wrongly busted by accident) and this does not allow them any leeway for clearing their names.

Agreed - but that is due to an error in the Bust system - and not the norm...

Without that specific issue involved (which should be fixed but hasn't been) the percentages far outweigh any potential "oh noes I got busted but I wasn't a multi" in comparison to "fucking multis stole my points again even though they got busted 2 weeks ago".

C.

Rules should be created to protect the minority, even if it means that some of the "criminals" may go free. This is basic to our system of law. To create a rule where the innocent are damaged is not a healthy rule.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby broncojd78 on Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Woodruff wrote: To create a rule where the innocent are damaged is not a healthy rule.

that is exactly what's happening, though. i'm going to lose a game to a "busted" multi.

at my job, i make decisions on a daily basis. i am not allowed the luxury of making decisions anticipating being wrong. if i made a decision, my team trusts i am right. if someone is busted as being a multi, then i trust the multi hunter is right.

even as a player of 90 plus games at a time, could you not trust the mutli hunters to know that you are legit?
Sergeant broncojd78

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 22, 2009 10:25 pm

broncojd78 wrote:
Woodruff wrote: To create a rule where the innocent are damaged is not a healthy rule.

that is exactly what's happening, though. i'm going to lose a game to a "busted" multi.

Damage in one or possibly two games versus damage over ALL of your games? That's a tremendous difference in scope, and I think that is the key.

broncojd78 wrote:at my job, i make decisions on a daily basis. i am not allowed the luxury of making decisions anticipating being wrong. if i made a decision, my team trusts i am right. if someone is busted as being a multi, then i trust the multi hunter is right.

Humans make mistakes. Laws should be developed so that our human-ness does not CAUSE any more problems than necessary.

broncojd78 wrote:even as a player of 90 plus games at a time, could you not trust the mutli hunters to know that you are legit?

I DO trust that I'll never be found to be a multi, simply because I know that I am not one and nobody else in my household plays on ConquerClub (my wife is an infidel non-game-player!). However, mistakes DO happen. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that I could be found to be a multi incorrectly.

Postby 4myGod on Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 am

I didn't read all the posts, so I don't know if it's been mentioned. However it would really be a simple process:

When the admins ban a multi, the code (not the admin) goes through and finds all the multi's games and automatically kills him off in the game, turning his troops into neutral. If he was the second to last person in the game, then the other person will automatically win (yay).

If the multi is part of a team game that's where it would be confusing. You don't want to punish the teammate too hard, because he didn't know he was teamed up with a multi. So perhaps passing off cards could help, or maybe give the multi's troop bonuses to the teammate, but not calculated together, so if the multi owns the top half of africa and the teammate owns the bottom, he doesn't all of a sudden get all of africa, but rather he gets the bonuses of the multi as a separate bonus.

Well I don't know, team games would be tough. I think if a multi just got banned from a team game it would pretty much kill the chances of the teammate winning.
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 24, 2009 2:15 pm

4myGod wrote: Well I don't know, team games would be tough. I think if a multi just got banned from a team game it would pretty much kill the chances of the teammate winning.

as the rules are now, when someone deadbeats in a team game, their partner receives their territories. so, i don't think that would cause a problem. however, i would love to state that i hate that rule change, and it is the one rule that can change the dynamic of a game instantly, if you aren't smart enough to try and start killing off the player in danger of deadbeatiing...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Timminz on Sun May 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Woodruff wrote:
broncojd78 wrote:

Damage in one or possibly two games versus damage over ALL of your games? That's a tremendous difference in scope, and I think that is the key.

How about the difference between the amount of people who are wrongfully busted, and those who are negatively affected by actual multis?
Captain Timminz

Postby Thezzaruz on Sun May 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Timminz wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Damage in one or possibly two games versus damage over ALL of your games? That's a tremendous difference in scope, and I think that is the key.

How about the difference between the amount of people who are wrongfully busted, and those who are negatively affected by actual multis?

Exactly. The number of games played v multies far outweighs the number of games played by wrongly busted people.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Re: Prevent busted multi's from finishing games

Postby amhowie on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 am

so what is going on? its been a few weeks now and still no word. should i start cheating to? I'll pay to cheat and start a 100 games with 8 players in each of them and screw everyone. conquer club will make some money and i will feel better. come on conquer club time to get hard on multi's or maybe u should change the site back to Cutesy Club
Major amhowie

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Lack is working away. Stay tuned.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby slowreactor on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 pm

I think I see a fair compromise. Instead of deleting the games, why not freeze the games that the suspected multis are in, and if they are proven innocent, the games can be unfreezed.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:24 pm

slowreactor wrote:I think I see a fair compromise. Instead of deleting the games, why not freeze the games that the suspected multis are in, and if they are proven innocent, the games can be unfreezed.

At least a temporary freeze (maybe a week, to see what the "I'm not cheating" response is from the alleged multi) seems like a reasonable solution. That way, the game doesn't get ruined by an incorrect multi-cheating-ruling and if they are determined at that point to still be a mutli-cheater, then their account can just be locked and they'll 3-turn-bust out of the game as it continues to be played.

Re: Stop multis from playing (Merged)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Stop multis from playing (Merged)

Postby oVo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Lack Attack wrote:From now on, inactivated multies will be immediately auto-kicked from their games and will also be auto-dropped from any waiting games. Same goes for members who are given website bans for whatever reason and for whatever length of time. Just like when players are auto-kicked for missing too many turns...

COOL BEANS! and well done.
Major oVo

Re: Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Postby Artimis on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 am

Result!

Thanks lack! =D> :D
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions