Conquer Club

Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

is turning busted multis armies into neutrals a good idea?

a resounding YES!!!
93%
a resounding HECK NO!!!!
7%

Total votes : 91

Re: Remove Multi's from Games "awaiting players"

Postby Night Strike on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Are you sure this isn't already done? When I banned a player for point dumping, all his awaiting players games disappeared.
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Night Strike wrote:Are you sure this isn't already done? When I banned a player for point dumping, all his awaiting players games disappeared.

Bans and Busts may not work the same.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:Are you sure this isn't already done? When I banned a player for point dumping, all his awaiting players games disappeared.

It does not. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=239&t=68396&start=15
Major Bones2484

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:59 pm

If its possible ... sounds great!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Not much to say really, =D> =D> =D> great idea.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Re: Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals

Postby deceangli on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 am

Yup. Turn them into neutrals. While we're at it, go round to their houses and set fire to their computers. And eat all their snacks. And poo on their furniture. I'm in favour of punishing cheats and trying, qute hard, not to punish the rest of us.

If it's helpful I'd be willing to call round and poo on furniture for any cheats in the UK. Maybe we could have a separate band of volunteers who do nothing but defecate punitively.
Corporal deceangli

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:13 am

saw another thread firing up about this, and wondering if this is even worth discussing further. as in, is it even possible. maybe andy or lack will notice this and give some sort of answer. seems logical and fair, but i know that what is logical and fair isn't always easy to code...-6cd
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:01 am

Apparently too tired today. See below. :roll:
Last edited by Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:02 am

shanksdigs wrote:Who cares about server integrity when the ranking and rating system's integrity becomes invalid?

What lance failed to mention is that while deleteing a user or game is very bad for the DB it is fully possible to "lock" accounts (for a specified time or indefinately) to prevent them from affecting ongoing games.

owenshooter wrote:saw another thread firing up about this, and wondering if this is even worth discussing further. as in, is it even possible.

Anything is possible... ;) But with the CC "re-buy and comeback" policy I can't see this idea (as good as it is) being wanted.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:53 am

Thezzaruz wrote:What lance failed to mention is that while deleteing a user or game is very bad for the DB it is fully possible to "lock" accounts (for a specified time or indefinately) to prevent them from affecting ongoing games.

well, to be fair to lance, he posted that on Nov 3rd, and this thread was bumped because i saw another thread starting on the same topic that was not nearly as good as this one. and the solution i'm proposing doesn't delete the data... right? or am i understanding this incorrectly?

Thezzaruz wrote:Anything is possible... ;) But with the CC "re-buy and comeback" policy I can't see this idea (as good as it is) being wanted.

well, i don't think that would have anything to do with turning their armies into neutrals....-6cd
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:31 pm

I know that on Lack has something similar to this on his To-Do list. How it exactly would function, I'm not sure. Some suggestions were that it would automatically skip the multi's turn when it came to them, leaving them "in game" incase it is strategic to use them and take them out (for up to 3 turns of course before being booted)...or there was the instant boot and turn their armies to neutral, etc.

But I know Lack has long been considering this--I'm pretty sure he wants to, it's just trying to find which updates in what order, are the most beneficial for the site. We shall see!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I know that on Lack has something similar to this on his To-Do list. How it exactly would function, I'm not sure. Some suggestions were that it would automatically skip the multi's turn when it came to them, leaving them "in game" incase it is strategic to use them and take them out (for up to 3 turns of course before being booted)...or there was the instant boot and turn their armies to neutral, etc.

But I know Lack has long been considering this--I'm pretty sure he wants to, it's just trying to find which updates in what order, are the most beneficial for the site. We shall see!

--Andy

the monkey has spoken... let there be bananas on earth, and let them begin with me... thanks andy!!!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Megadeth666 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:10 pm

shanksdigs wrote:OMG. Conquer Club is a database and gameserver, right? Why has every discussion I've read on this topic included some mention of the inability to delete users? If it is a database and a gameserver, deleting a user is completely functional, acceptable, and correct. This topic suggests turning the abuser into a neutral which is part of the way towards the right solution. Go all the way, delete abusers accounts and the games they entered. It MUST be easy to do considering that Conquer Club is a database and gameserver.

To continue to allow them to play only causes the following to happen:

-honest players get frustrated with Conquer Club and resort to playing heads up games or private games secluding themselves from competition against new players.
-same honest players may decide to bail on paying the annual fee as this kind of abuse continues to happen.
-the ranking and rating system of Conquer Club is null and void. Any system that allows for a cheater to improperly modify theirs or another player's ranking makes most rankings suspect. (Clearly some of the better players can be determined to be solid players based on years of winning and thousands of wins. That being said, how can any member know whether a brigadier got his ranking because of multis or other methods of cheating?)
-some players may resort to cheating to return themselves the points that they undeservedly lost...and chaos ensues. (I have read PMs and emails from fellow players who have decided to cheat to get their points back, so I know it happens.)
-good players get their points and ranking shot down for no good reason.

Essentially, I am saying that the only effective strategy for ending the cheating that is rampant on this system is to delete cheater's accounts. Send a message that says that "Conquer Club does not advocate cheating!"
If they did this, C.C. would soon be a clean site. Maybe it has something to do with the job security, of all the hunters. :-k
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 am

porkenbeans wrote:If they did this, C.C. would soon be a clean site. Maybe it has something to do with the job security, of all the hunters. :-k

No no - if they did this - then CC's database would lie in small broken pieces all over the server room floor.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:31 am

yeti_c wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:If they did this, C.C. would soon be a clean site. Maybe it has something to do with the job security, of all the hunters. :-k

No no - if they did this - then CC's database would lie in small broken pieces all over the server room floor.

C.

exactly the reason why my suggestion is so damn brilliant...-6cd
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:46 am

Every time some says to delete an account just replace that with permantly lock.
Captain spiesr

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 am

spiesr wrote:Every time some says to delete an account just replace that with permantly lock.

yeah, but that doesn't resolve the problem we are trying to resolve. that resolves the issue after the games are over, not during game play. you would have to lock them and then make them neutral in the games...-6cd
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 am

Agreed - this suggestion is great - the extra suggestion for deleting accounts is bad.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby owenshooter on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:35 am

yeti_c wrote:Agreed - this suggestion is great - the extra suggestion for deleting accounts is bad.

C.

if by great you really mean, GENIUS, then i agree...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby deceangli on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:03 pm

If we're talking about GENIUS, then my suggestion of pooing on people's furniture must surely qualify. Society has such a downer on the use of faeces as punishment - drives me mad
Corporal deceangli

MULTES

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Multis:
When is this site going to do something about all the Multies. So I report them. I get a sing up that says "Busted" And they are still all in the game. Still all ganging up on me because they are the same person. Now I dot care if they are or are not premium members. It should not make a difference. (I am premium also but that should also not matter). When busted they should be booted forfit all games and if you decide to let them back in it should be after a minimum of 90 days for a first time offence. And permanent if more than one violation. I have talked with many many people who no longer play here because of them. I believe this site is losing 1000's of players because of this issue which they seem to ignors!
Lieutenant Grizbr

Re: MULTES

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

If they were no longer allowed to play and must deatbeat their games, it would hurt freemium members.
If they had to resign their games, then people would report everyone who they are about to lose to.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Grizbr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 pm

No they would not. These are proven multis. Reported and determined to be multi by admin. Yet they are still playing they are still all targeting me. At the very least void the game for everyone. I will loose the game, I have no chanse 3 against 1. This one person who is using 3 accounts will still win and get rewarded. An accusation would not result in anything but an investigation. It is the result of the investigation that leads to sanctions if any.
Lieutenant Grizbr

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Grizbr wrote:No they would not. These are proven multis. Reported and determined to be multi by admin. Yet they are still playing they are still all targeting me. At the very least void the game for everyone. I will loose the game, I have no chanse 3 against 1. This one person who is using 3 accounts will still win and get rewarded. An accusation would not result in anything but an investigation. It is the result of the investigation that leads to sanctions if any.

No, that player only gets to finish his active games. That person can't start any more of them.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions