Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby qeee1 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:57 pm

Whatever about speed games... I think there should be a limit on "holding", it's been discussed thoroughly in the "holding" thread in complaints section (too lazy to post link), and few are in favour, most of those who are say they'll continue to use it as long as it's permitted but don't disagree with a ban. Anyway yeah... please implement Lack if you have any spare time.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Jota on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:13 pm

qeee1 wrote:Anyway yeah... please implement Lack if you have any spare time.

Now that's a great idea. If someone could implement lackattack in software, then the real lack could take a vacation and let the artificial version do all his coding work for him. Anyone feel up to the task?
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Postby qeee1 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:44 am

Damn, foiled by my own bad grammar. Nice idea all the same.
Colonel qeee1

Multiplier for missed turns

Postby EdG on Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 pm

Please remove this feature. If a person does not play for 24 hours they should not be rewarded. Some are using this as a strategy, which would not happen in real life.
Sergeant 1st Class EdG

Team games de-facto double turns

Postby wicked on Wed May 03, 2006 11:17 am

I'd like to suggest that players within the same team cannot take double turns (in a non-double turn game of course). As it is now, teammates can hold until everyone else has gone to create a double-turn for themselves. Now, if I'd have wanted to play in a double-turn game, then I would've selected that option. It takes no skill to wait out your opponent and get in a double turn, which is why I avoid those games. Having a freestyle, non-double turn games tricks people into thinking double turns aren't allowed, when in actuality they are.

end of rant
Major wicked

Postby qeee1 on Wed May 03, 2006 11:21 am

... agrees. I've noticed that too... but I've always felt I could turn it to my advantage so I never complained. You're right though, in a non double turns game there should be no team double turns.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby rocksolid on Wed May 03, 2006 12:22 pm

I'm afraid I've unwittingly been the source of poor Wicked's ire...it seems to me that if a team wants to prevent a team game from having this happen, they can always wait to play last in each round. Problem solved? Though it is true that making this a game option would make it unnecessary.
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby lackattack on Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 pm

Fixing this is on my to-do list
Sergeant lackattack

Postby wicked on Wed May 03, 2006 2:49 pm

thanks
Major wicked

Postby SMITH197 on Wed May 03, 2006 8:23 pm

i think in the situation wick was in (4 person game, 2 teams) its very difficult for a situation like that to be avoided. That begin said, i feel that the whole "Freestyle" game play system is flawed, and creates more problems than its worth.

Also, wicked, just wanted to let you know, that from my point of view, i logged on and the game had started, and both of you were playing. (i assumed that your team mate and you had agreed upon it to occur that way). I made my move and went off to do something else. I came back and rocksolid happened to be online, making his moves. From my point of view (please keep in my that this is only my opinion) making my move was perfectly fine. I'm sry wicked. By no means did we intend to come across as unfair players or cheaters....

"Did you fortify New Guinea or are you just happy to see me?"
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby KoolBak on Wed May 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Poor, poor wicked...shall we give a group hug?? (flame expected..)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Lieutenant KoolBak

Postby Pristella on Thu May 04, 2006 1:59 am

On the other hand, preventing that would again slow the games. I have often done that "double team turn" thing, but usually unintentionally, and it's happened to me, too. No problem, really, in my opinion.
Corporal Pristella

Postby wicked on Thu May 04, 2006 6:58 am

Smithy, it's how the game is set up, not how it turned out. it's ok, it's being taken care of.
Major wicked

ok i cant find any other discussions about it (rd time)

Postby craig84 on Sat May 20, 2006 6:08 pm

I think itd be fair if In doubles games or triples that say theres 3 ppl left 2 on the same team and 1 faceing them, the 2 on a team has taken the last turn so thier next turn is locked until the 1 person plays. i purpose that after half the round time that the teamate that didnt take the last turn can start his turn.
this seems fair to me and you wouldnt have to wait for the person if he or she decides to take longer..
Lieutenant craig84

Resolved: Freestyle with double turners are jerkoffs.

Postby Joe McCarthy on Wed May 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Could we put a note by these games, something like "This game is only for jerk-offs that dont really want to play a game of Risk but rather just want to see if they can time there turns when their opponents arent around so they can get in a nice double turn because thats the only way they could ever get some points, they will never win a real game so there has to be something for them and this is it."? Would be helpful, because I keep accidentally joining these things and get held on and double-turned to death and Id rather not play with people that even like freestyle/double turns, as they are all jerk-offs. K, tks big guy.
Last edited by Joe McCarthy on Wed May 24, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

Postby Scorba on Wed May 24, 2006 2:49 pm

Perhaps you should pay more attention when joining games?
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed May 24, 2006 2:50 pm

:lol:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Joe McCarthy on Wed May 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Yeah I could pay more attention but screw that Id like to just point out that freestyle/double turn game-starters are jerkoffs. Thats what Im driving at here.

Postby Fieryo on Wed May 24, 2006 3:41 pm

why do you join/start those types of games then? it is very easy to avoid it all by selecting "sequential" under "game type"
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Postby Joe McCarthy on Wed May 24, 2006 3:44 pm

Joe McCarthy wrote:Yeah I could pay more attention but screw that Id like to just point out that freestyle/double turn game-starters are jerkoffs. Thats what Im driving at here.

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed May 24, 2006 3:53 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote::lol:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Haydena on Wed May 24, 2006 4:02 pm

Just leave em to it... If they can't play risk like it should be played... Let em :)

I'd love to see them play freestyle no double turns around a table... It would be a laugh
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby UTGreen on Wed May 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of settings I don't like. I hate either type of freestyle game, and really hate unlimited fortifications games, and am pretty unfond of team games. So create your own game. Sure, it might take 12 hours to get started, and will probably be populated by newbies, but at least you'll get to pick your rules.

But your point is valid, why would someone play "with double turns" unless his goal was to take double turns as often as possible to get a victory he couldn't earn through strategy and patience?
“I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.” -Albert Einstein
Corporal 1st Class UTGreen

Postby Joe McCarthy on Wed May 24, 2006 5:41 pm

To make it easier for those that want to start a game with freestyle and double turns allowed, how about there be just one button that says "Im a jerk-off and cant play this game at all, but want to start one anyways" Save 'em from pressing all those buttons. Just trying to make it simpler for everybody.

Postby fubarcivic on Wed May 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Funny you don't complain about the difference in "Escalating, Flat Rate and None" for cards...
Private 1st Class fubarcivic

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions