Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby lackattack on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:48 pm

I'll ignore the secondary suggestion about multiplied armies for missed turns because it's been debated a zillion times.

Right now double turns are blocked in Freestyle and double turns are only considered double turns when the round ends prematurely:

the instructions wrote:The player who triggers a new round is not allowed to take a second back-to-back turn and must wait for someone else to play.

Anything else is considered a "fake double turn" because the round ended naturally and all players were aware of the exact time when the new round begins. So theoretically they could go online at that moment and prevent the double play.

Having said that, fake double turns are considereed by many to be unfair and is something I've been meaning to re-visit for a long time now. Hopefully I'll find time to do something about it in the upcoming update.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby zip_disk on Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:45 pm

Captain zip_disk

err. suggestion

Postby khazalid on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:21 pm

<Subject>:

* Concise Idea. Closing the freestyle loophole that allows double turns (see flame wars rev kyle and johnnyrotten)

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: see above
* Specifics: letting a turn time out and then being able to take another straight after
* Why it is needed: many reasons. most obviously because it is twisting the game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. the usual retort is that because it is in the game mechanics, it should be exploited. this is bullshit.
* Priority** (1-5): 5
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby nyg5680 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:07 am

to do that i think they would hafta elimnate freestyle all together so wut u hafta do is play like the ppl that do that or just dont play freestyle
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Reseting the 24h limit in Freestyle

Postby Marxwell on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Suggestion: in a freestyle game, the 24h limit for each turn should be reset after the first person begins his turn, in order to ensure the person who finished the previous round will have 24h to play too.

Why it is needed: when playing freestyle with a lot of players normally there shouldn't be any problem, but when playing doubles or triples freestyle, the team who should start might start at the very last minutes, thus forcing the opponent team to lose its turn. This can be heavily abused, since not only would the opponent lose a turn, but the first team would also have a double turn!

Specifics: if the first player (or team) misses his turn, the other team should not miss the turn too (since they never had a chance to play!). They should be entitled another 24h to play the same turn, instead. In a standard game these 24h should be entitled only to the player who didn't have a chance to play.

Priority: 4
Captain Marxwell

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 pm

As long as you get armies for missed turns this isn't much of a problem...
Captain spiesr

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 am

spiesr wrote:As long as you get armies for missed turns this isn't much of a problem...

Surely you are wrong here - the guy mentioned that the opposing team could take Double Turns - In a triple player game this could mean 6 turns of death raining down on your team and being wiped out...

I like the suggestion - it's especially prevalent in a triples game or a 4player doubles as there are only one set of opposing forces.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Wisse on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:23 am

spiesr wrote:As long as you get armies for missed turns this isn't much of a problem...

well you got a continent, and you can't take a turn because of this, and they concer your continent next turn, you don't get the armies of holding that continent the turn before...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Stop Double turns in freestyle

Postby bedplay on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm

This has probably been said before, but in all of my freestyle realtime games, there has been some jackass who waits till the end of the turn, then uses everything hes got to conquer a continent (or some other thing to his advantage.)

Then refreshes the game every 2 seconds to effectively get a double turn.

There is nothing you can do about it, apart from team up on that player which tweaks the game, and makes games not fun to play.

in Freestyle, I propose that the rules are changed. if a player ends their turn last in freestyle, they not only have to wait for 1 other player to start their turn, but they have to wait till either another player ends their turn or until 1-2 minutes after another player ends their turn.

This is the thing that really bugs me about the game, It is a cheap tactic and basically it sucks/ makes games crap.
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Re: Stop Double turns in freestyle

Postby Wisse on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:04 pm

bedplay wrote:This has probably been said before, but in all of my freestyle realtime games, there has been some jackass who waits till the end of the turn, then uses everything hes got to conquer a continent (or some other thing to his advantage.)

Then refreshes the game every 2 seconds to effectively get a double turn.

There is nothing you can do about it, apart from team up on that player which tweaks the game, and makes games not fun to play.

in Freestyle, I propose that the rules are changed. if a player ends their turn last in freestyle, they not only have to wait for 1 other player to start their turn, but they have to wait till either another player ends their turn or until 1-2 minutes after another player ends their turn.

This is the thing that really bugs me about the game, It is a cheap tactic and basically it sucks/ makes games crap.

especily when it was a no-card game...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Thats part of freestyle.

If I understand what you are saying the person who finishes a round can't take his turn until two players have started their turn and one has finished?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Evil Semp wrote:Thats part of freestyle.

If I understand what you are saying the person who finishes a round can't take his turn until two players have started their turn and one has finished?

its more when they wait till the end of the round take the turn, dont finish the turn and then can go again at the beginning of the round...essentially a double turn i believe is his complaint...

all you can do is start your games at a time thats good for you and wait till the end of the round and make your moves to counter it if your against someone who does it a lot
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby DemonHunter on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:56 pm

It bugs me when people do that, (Unless it RT) but I think it's worth it to play a fast game.
Cadet DemonHunter

Postby sully800 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 pm

This has been discussed to death.

I'm pretty sure that a semi-freestyle game is a pending addition. Where you can start your turn at any point but can't play at the same time as others. Many people like freestyle the way it is, so I wouldn't like to see simultaneous turns dissappear completely....just an option eventually.

By the way, its not hard to defend against the tactic you just mentioned. Just don't take your turn immediately after someone has conquered a big continent. Wait like half an hour and you will almost always get the 2+minute headstart that you need. If you're more dedicated, check the forum to see when they're on...or look at what country theyre from and try to play when its the middle of the night there (desperate situations only, like when you have a single man, they own the entire map....but you win anyway).
Major sully800

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:32 pm

You can also check the game log and see if they usually take their turns at around the same time.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Kugelblitz22 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:56 pm

sully800 wrote:This has been discussed to death.

I'm pretty sure that a semi-freestyle game is a pending addition. Where you can start your turn at any point but can't play at the same time as others. Many people like freestyle the way it is, so I wouldn't like to see simultaneous turns dissappear completely....just an option eventually.

By the way, its not hard to defend against the tactic you just mentioned. Just don't take your turn immediately after someone has conquered a big continent. Wait like half an hour and you will almost always get the 2+minute headstart that you need. If you're more dedicated, check the forum to see when they're on...or look at what country theyre from and try to play when its the middle of the night there (desperate situations only, like when you have a single man, they own the entire map....but you win anyway).

While your definitely right, it has been discussed to death, that's why I don't play freestyle anymore (or at least not often) It kind of kills the spirit of freestyle if you have to take your turns under cover of darkness or lurk around the website to see if your opponent is on. For me CC is about solid, enjoyable game play not calculating when it will be 4 in the morning in Australia so you can take your turn. If theres people that like that, more power to ya. But I am eagerly awaiting a fix to what I see as a broken game mechanic. :)
Sergeant 1st Class Kugelblitz22

Postby Unit_2 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:44 am

dude, its fair, you can wait till everyone edns ther turn then do your but its fair
Corporal Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:31 am

Don't play freestyle, I don't. Sequential, or nothing for me.
Highest score to date: 2704 (June 25, 2008)
Highest on Scoreboard: 86 (June 25, 2008)
Highest Rank : Colonel (May 27, 2008)
Lowest Score to date : 776 (Nov 20, 2012)
Lowest Rank to date: Cook (Nov 20, 2012)
Shortest game won: 15 seconds - Game 12127866
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Postby sully800 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:26 am

And everyone always does what Jamie says :)
Major sully800

Postby Kahless on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:11 am

I can't play sequential unless its RT, takes far too long tor your turn to come round.
Cook Kahless

Double Turns

Postby hawkeye on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Having two turns in a row on freestyle games.

Bring it back.
It was used by so many people it was crazy to take it away as an option.

Priority: 4 out of 5.
Cook hawkeye

Postby hecter on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:20 pm

I like it the way it is. It's cheap to get two turns in a row.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby hawkeye on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:22 pm

Hecter you don't know what I'm talking about. It used to be an option and I played it a lot. I know I'm not the only one. I also want to know why lack took it away.
Cook hawkeye

Postby wacicha on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:05 pm

because alot of new people lost alot of points trying to figure why
Major wacicha

Postby hawkeye on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Wasn't it in the faq?
Cook hawkeye

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions