Conquer Club

[Rules] Reduce time for subsequent missed turns

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Knight of Orient on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:16 am

that would be nice to some, but not overallgood....it would throw everything off too.
you are entitled to your opinion...
that doesnt mean its right
Corporal 1st Class Knight of Orient

Postby N0g on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 pm

I agree that sometimes missing turns is beyond control and that is a unfortunate thing, but I would bet that statistics show that the majority of unranked (or any for that matter) players who miss two turns will actually end up missing three. There can't be that many electrical outages that last over 48 hours.

I seem to remember posting a comment in the past about people who miss turns on purpose. I've seen it a lot on no-cards games. I used to really hate those people, but when I thought about it, they aren't gaining anything they wouldn't have gained had they just placed their troops and ended their turns. They only time they gain an advantage is when their opponents expect them to not come back and fail to place adequate defenses. That is, really, the point of their strategy. I just adjust my own strategy and try to ensure I have enough defense until I know for sure they are gone.
Lieutenant N0g

Postby ertang on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm

How about this:

At the start of the game the creator gives a turn length(which is in the works) and a time bank. Then, if your turn length runs out, you go into your time bank. When your time bank runs out, everyone can vote to drop you from the game. That way, you can miss more than 24 hours, but you can never gain anything from missing a turn. The game doesn't proceed until you take a turn or a kicked. This would allow people who want to play fast games to set it at like, 1 day for turns, and no time bank. You could kick a person after one turn. I think it would allow for missed turns, while not giving any strategical advantage to missing turns.
Corporal 1st Class ertang

rrrr

Postby dugcarr1 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:24 am

i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding
Captain dugcarr1

Re: rrrr

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:40 am

dugcarr1 wrote:i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding

LOL! :lol:

Gimme a sec, I will think up some clever response for ya. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Re: rrrr

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:47 am

AK_iceman wrote:
dugcarr1 wrote:i know u real almost evry post ak,,,,,,,,,,thanks for not even responding

LOL! :lol:

Gimme a sec, I will think up some clever response for ya. :wink:
he literally pops out of nowhere?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Re: ok

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:59 am

dugcarr1 wrote:ok iceboy,,,

shut your fucking trap.

just because you have the title turnemnt director and have a mountain of free time on your hands because u live in alaksa dosnt give u the right to even read my ideas on playing new recruits, let alone reply (along with your other 2655 posts).

This was pretty much why I stopped posting in your very important thread.
Plus I really didnt see anything worth responding to.

Right now I think that there are better solutions in the works for prevention of deadbeats, and for people who miss turns and get extra armies for it. This suggestion isnt one of those that I think would be implemented.

===========================
LazarusLong wrote:I posted this in another thread but I'll try it again here:

What if the armies from the missed turns get spread out evenly over all teritories for that person. They only get to place the armies for their current turn.

Most of the problem is not knowing where to defend against a double or triple deployment.

I think this would eliminate most of the tactical advantage of missing a turn.

This is the best idea I have heard so far for the problem of people skipping turns for extra armies.

===========================
The deadbeat problem will be fixed eventually, Wicked had a pretty good idea for it and when it gets worked out a bit, she can post it in the general forum.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby juggernaut man on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am

I agree something needs to be done about people who skip turns. I like your idea. My ally and I were beating the crap out of 3 enemies and my ally hasn't shown up for 3 turns so now we are barely holding out. If he'd taken his turn we'd have crushed them.

Also he might get eliminated before we even gain control of his armies.
Lieutenant juggernaut man

New anti Deadbeat, miss turn 2 and 3 faster.

Postby J0057 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 pm

The idea is to make the 2nd and 3rd consecutive missed turn take less than 24 hours each.
I suggest 12 hours each instead of the full 24.
Players waiting to continue a game without waiting 2 more 24 hour days after someone didn't take his/her turn after the first. If someone notices he/she missed one turn, they wouldn't miss a second, and certainly no third. So there's plenty time to redeem ones 'awayness' while not too much time is spent waiting for the deadbeat to play.
Sergeant 1st Class J0057

Postby spiesr on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 pm

NO!
Captain spiesr

Postby Simonov on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:25 pm

NO.what if you have to go away for a few days?some people can't spend all their time sitting in front of computer.deadbeaters should be reported and if enough complaints are made banned from the site.
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby cena-rules on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:58 pm

Simonov wrote:NO.what if you have to go away for a few days?some people can't spend all their time sitting in front of computer.deadbeaters should be reported and if enough complaints are made banned from the site.

qft
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby 3seven1 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 pm

What the f*ck does qft mean? Lazy ass bastards you can't even spell out full words! lol
Corporal 1st Class 3seven1

Postby Eltherion on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:11 pm

i think it should may be put in game configuration, when you create a new game, an option should be "Missing turn time: 24h · 12h ·"

its a posbility
Private Eltherion

Postby john1099 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 pm

3seven1 wrote:What the f*ck does qft mean? Lazy ass bastards you can't even spell out full words! lol

Quoted For Truth, dumbass.
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby J0057 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:39 am

Ok, first suggestion rejected,
New suggestion was to match Eltherion's An option to play a game with less Missing Turn time, If people join they'd know they'd have to check back every 12 hours at least instead of 24.
Sergeant 1st Class J0057

Postby john1099 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 am

J0057 wrote:Ok, first suggestion rejected,
New suggestion was to match Eltherion's An option to play a game with less Missing Turn time, If people join they'd know they'd have to check back every 12 hours at least instead of 24.

It's on Lacks "to-do list".
Check it before you post!
Thanks,
-John
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby Nous-irons on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Perhaps it should depend on the amount of games you have completed, or the completed/abandoned ratio.
Sergeant Nous-irons

Postby 3seven1 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 pm

john1099 wrote:
3seven1 wrote:What the f*ck does qft mean? Lazy ass bastards you can't even spell out full words! lol

Quoted For Truth, dumbass.

Dumbass? Why was that necessary? I've never seen QFT so STFU!
Corporal 1st Class 3seven1

Postby Koronna on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:48 pm

who could afford to check the game every 12 hours? does that mean if you took a turn at 2 pm potentially you might have to get up 2 or 3 in the morning to play the game? no, that would make this game more addictive as it is already...
Private 1st Class Koronna

Postby yorkiepeter on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:56 pm

Koronna wrote:who could afford to check the game every 12 hours? does that mean if you took a turn at 2 pm potentially you might have to get up 2 or 3 in the morning to play the game? no, that would make this game more addictive as it is already...

well no, you'd check the game at 11pm when going to bed then you wouldn't need to check back until the following morning
Colonel yorkiepeter

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions