Conquer Club

Speed Games - non premium [rejected]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Gift to freemiums

Postby Jeff Hardy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:31 pm

AAFitz wrote:while i respect the idea of trying to give a little more sampling of the game, some who play speed games might want freemiums in speed games because it would be an awfully easy way to score points.

certainly some can hold their own, but any that stumbled into a speed freestyle game would usually not even know what happened.

If anything, they should get just enough to give them a taste of speed games, to make them cough up the $25.

freestyle casual is just as open to the stuff like that, what with people playing rt untill it suites them to leave, double turning, joining last to give them an advantage,... freestyle speed is not worse than that, and the freemiums would soon get used to it, like all premiums do
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Speed Games: 1 Per Month

Postby Bruceswar on Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 am

Concise description:
  • 1 Speed Game a Month

Specifics:
  • Allow Freeemiums to play 1 speed game a month

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • They are addicting which will make more people want to buy.
  • It will give Freemiums a chance to try it out.
  • As shown with the Halloween and St. Patricks Day runs, many people bought premium because of it.
  • More business is good for everybody. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: Speed Games: 1 Per Month

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am

Bruceswar wrote:Concise description:
  • 1 Speed Game a Month
Specifics:
  • Allow Freeemiums to play 1 speed game a month
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • They are addicting which will make more people want to buy.
  • It will give Freemiums a chance to try it out.
  • As shown with the Halloween and St. Patricks Day runs, many people bought premium because of it.
  • More business is good for everybody. :)

Seems easy to implement, and I agree with you that this would probably get more folks interested in premium without increasing server load much at all.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: Speed Games - non premium [rejected]

Postby cicero on Sat May 02, 2009 2:45 am

Merge post:

Speed Games - non premium - posts from 15 January to 27 November 2008 - first post here
Every month non premium members should get 1 sp - posts 14 to 18 March 2008 - first post here
Gift to freemiums - posts 3 January to 1 February 2009 - first post here
Speed Games: 1 Per Month - posts 2 May 2009 - first post here

Note that within the second thread listed above Twill - Admin & Community Manager at the time - posted a rejection. This merged thread now marked [rejected].

Related suggestions, which are equally unlikely to ever be implemented, are discussed in Free Memberships Gameplay.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat May 02, 2009 2:54 am

I think they shouldnt be allowed to play any speed games unless its an event. I agree with most of the other reasons so no need reposting them. But i think having more events would make things more fun and interesting
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby sailorseal on Sat May 02, 2009 3:07 pm

If you give Freemiums speed games, that is one less reason to buy premium which might lose the site hundreds of new premium members
Cook sailorseal

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 1:06 pm

sailorseal wrote:If you give Freemiums speed games, that is one less reason to buy premium which might lose the site hundreds of new premium members

One speed game per month is NOT going to dissuade ANYONE from buying premium. It might well CONVINCE them to do so, however.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions