Conquer Club

Closed Use of script to win game[TFO]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Use of script to win game[TFO]

Postby YoloingNolifer on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 am

Great-Ollie
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=402696
xxxxxxx

The accused are suspected of:

I am not sure if it is allowed, but Great-Ollie likely used a script to autoplay his turn directly after someone started his turn in a freestyle game, which resulted in him winning by holding five obejctives. It is not fair to completely eliminate all chances of stopping him from winning like this as nobody could make an attack within one second from starting.

Game number(s):

Game 17672963
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]

Comments:
Corporal 1st Class YoloingNolifer

Re: Use of script to win game

Postby xroads on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:54 am

It has been going on for a long time. No they wont do anything about it.

viewtopic.php?f=239&t=214778&p=4723171#p4723171
Lieutenant xroads

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:06 am

In this case with Ollie, it appears that he may be using a macro bot because the turn is taken within 1 second of the previous turns ending near the end of the game. The player has programmed it in to take the turn for him as he knows the moves he wants to make. I could do this quite easily, not that I would do it.

I would consider this one against the rules to be honest. No human could possibly take the turns that fast. Even with an alert, it would take a few seconds to get there. It's not a speed game, so players are not sitting poised to take their turns. It's BS, but there you go. If everyone started doing this, what would be the point in playing freestyle?

He's not the only one doing it by the looks of things. The only other way they could be doing this without a bot is secret diplomacy. ...Telling the player after them that they are about to take their turn.

Oh wait... they're all so dedicated to the game that they sit at their computer all day like a cat waiting for a mouse to emerge from the hedgerow. Give me a break.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:In this case with Ollie, it appears that he may be using a macro bot because the turn is taken within 1 second of the previous turns ending near the end of the game. The player has programmed it in to take the turn for him as he knows the moves he wants to make. I could do this quite easily, not that I would do it.

I would consider this one against the rules to be honest. No human could possibly take the turns that fast. Even with an alert, it would take a few seconds to get there. It's not a speed game, so players are not sitting poised to take their turns. It's BS, but there you go. If everyone started doing this, what would be the point in playing freestyle?

He's not the only one doing it by the looks of things. The only other way they could be doing this without a bot is secret diplomacy. ...Telling the player after them that they are about to take their turn.

Oh wait... they're all so dedicated to the game that they sit at their computer all day like a cat waiting for a mouse to emerge from the hedgerow. Give me a break.

The "counterargument" is that they have a weight on their keyboard to begin their turn instantly. I dont agree with it, but still.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Re: Use of script to win game[TFO]

Postby demonfork on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I sat in front of my computer for almost 7 hours once, with my finger on the "b" key, to wait for my opponent that tried to delay me in a FS game. Game 5646295

2009-09-26 03:43:31 - AAFitz received 1 troops for 6 regions
2009-09-26 03:43:31 - demonfork got bonus of 20 troops added to P2

This isn't cheating it's just dedication. I've done it and you cant prove that Ollie was using a bot. He could have done the same thing I did.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:29 pm

If propping up a stapler to hold down the b key as I went to shower is guilty, then I am guilty.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby trapyoung on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:53 pm

He admits it! Get him!
Colonel trapyoung

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:42 pm

trapyoung wrote:He admits it! Get him!

This is very difficult to prove that this is a bot compared to having a weight placed upon the B key. As demonfork has mentioned, with dedication, someone could sit there holding down the B key manually as well as I have done this in the past (Perhaps not for hours, but I have done it to a smaller extent).

I'll leave this open to more comments if anyone has firm proof this is a bot.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby xroads on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm

xroads wrote:It has been going on for a long time. No they wont do anything about it.

viewtopic.php?f=239&t=214778&p=4723171#p4723171

See

Boting cannot be proven therfore will always be legal.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby mc05025 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:18 pm

This has happened and I have done it in the past like a million times. Either change the rules and make it illegal or close the case. The debate of wether he is using a bot or hold a button with his finger is rediculous. The result is the same and either it is ilegal to start your turn within 1 s in freestyle games or it isn't. For now itsn't and realy I can't see the problem with that. Just consider that in a freestyle game if a player held the objective at the end of the round he wins.
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby YoloingNolifer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Thank you all for giving a reply. I withdraw my case as there is no proof that a script was used. Next time I will be prepared to win in the same way by having something press down the right button. One loss, but I think this method can give me many victories. Therefore, I hope the rules will remain the way they are and oppose all attempts to change this freestyle "cheat". I acknowledge Great-Ollie as the winner. Close the case, unless someone wants to discuss further.
Corporal 1st Class YoloingNolifer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Closed.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby xroads on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:40 am

Can someone send me a link on how to write a bot program? Asking for a friend in another website.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:23 pm

xroads wrote:Can someone send me a link on how to write a bot program? Asking for a friend in another website.

Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Closed C&A Reports