Conquer Club

Closed josko.ri [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

josko.ri [ka]

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:09 am

Accused: josko.ri

The accused is suspected of:

Deadbeating speed games - January 22, 2022-January 27, 2022
Immediately joining speed games of an opponent who has just DB'd themselves.
Manipulating the Scoreboard
  • Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament. Possibly due to fear of losing the top spot on the Most Improved Score Board.
    I was mistaken here. I thought he'd been not accepting since January 10th, so for over 2 weeks. In actuality it was only since the 24th. I want to scratch this from the report completely as it really doesn't have a place here. Sorry for including it.
  • Possibly having other people also playing games on his account

Games josko deadbeated:

1/22
Game 21463474

1/23
Game 21465833

1/25
Game 21469636
Game 21470895
Game 21470965

1/26
Game 21471325
Game 21471451
Game 21472349
Game 21473059
Game 21473061
Game 21473226

1/27
Game 21473258
Game 21473265
Game 21473368
Game 21473533
Game 21473567
Game 21473686
Game 21474886
Game 21474853


Games he likely would have db'd had his opponent not eliminated him before he missed 3 turns:

1/23
Game 21465787

1/25
Game 21469587

1/26
Game 21471703
Game 21471724
Game 21472956
Game 21473191
Game 21473214
Game 21473257

1/27
Game 21473270
Game 21473360
Game 21473448
Game 21473544
Game 21473559
Game 21473636
Game 21473639


Games he joined shortly after his opponent db'd in another game;
perhaps knowing that they would likely db again:


1/26
Game 21472760 - Initialized 2022-01-26 18:16:11 after jacobsgold missed (and subsequently db'd) in Game 21472691 at 2022-01-26 18:06:53.
Game 21473049 - Initialized 2022-01-26 20:42:14 after willpowers ran out of time (and subsequently db'd) in Game 21473043 at 2022-01-26 20:40:25.
Game 21473059 - Initialized 2022-01-26 20:54:28 after willpowers announced his intention to db in chat for Game 21473049 at 2022-01-26 20:52:45.


Games where his opponent deadbeated (Seems many don't follow this rule!):
I didn't think it appropriate to start reports on all.

1/25
Game 21469612 - willpowers

1/26
Game 21471432 - JuBahkka
Game 21471705 - [Maestro]
Game 21472242 - willpowers
Game 21472236 - TheRookThief
Game 21472427 - worldconquer
Game 21472691 - jacobsgold
Game 21472764 - gjos
Game 21472819 - Ltrain and Worminabottle
Game 21472874 - furbiz
Game 21473043 - willpowers
Game 21473049 - willpowers

1/27
Game 21473243 - bornjust777
Game 21473291 - council
Game 21474803 - willpowers
Game 21475060 - kennec22
Game 21475059 - kennec22
Game 21475267 - risklover80


Comments:
josko almost continuously played speed games from 4:11am CCT on January 26th (Game 21471325) until 9:47am CCT on January 27th (Game 21473866). During this nearly 30 hour stretch, he took a total of three 30 minute breaks, two 15 minute ones and one 5 minute break. That does not seem possible to me if only one person was playing.

show: Game numbers that show break times

show: game numbers and times for the 30 hour stretch


Chat from games that may help determine an outcome:
Game 21469985 - 2022-01-25 14:07:18 - josko.ri: I part time work so 3 mibutes fits me well
  • I mention this one because it puts more credence on someone not being able to play for 30 hours straight solely on their own accord when they are also working, even if only part time.
Game 21471325 - 2022-01-26 05:01:45 - josko.ri: Db
Game 21471703 - 2022-01-26 09:48:30 - josko.ri: I will db
Game 21471724 - 2022-01-26 10:06:09 - josko.ri: Gg db
Game 21473061 - 2022-01-26 21:29:39 - josko.ri: Db
Game 21473191 - 2022-01-26 22:43:11 - josko.ri: Gg db
Last edited by groovysmurf on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: josko.ri

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:16 am

I didn't check all the games, but the one I checked, josko deadbeated only because game was probably lost.
Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

Also, I dunno what kind of job does josko, but he could be playing at work, then playing 30 hours straights while working seems more plausible. Well, the "while working" seems more plausible, the "30 hours straight" is still impressive, but not impossible.

Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament


While it's a shitty behaviour if it's true, it's not really forbidden is it ? Also, if it was just to be top of the scoreboard by the end of january, he could have just accepted the invite and play really slow.
You don't mention the tournament btw, would help understanding.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Donelladan
 
Posts: 3277
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
3321638

Re: josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:11 am

Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event

Because of playing speed games I forgot to accept invite ONCE and from ONE tournament. I walled TO to resend me invite and joined quickly afterwards.

I played usually 2-3 games simultaneously and stopped playing ones where I lost, togive more focus on the ones where i still play. That caused db. The same my opponents did in games where they lost as you have reported.

I dont know how my db helped me for the most improvedscoreboard as with db I lose game.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
355214962

Re: josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:49 am

Game 21473059 - Initialized 2022-01-26 20:54:28 after willpowers announced his intention to db in chat for Game 21473049 at 2022-01-26 20:52:45.

What is more effective way to do between me and willpowers? Playing game decided 21473049 for 10-15 more minutes until I clear the board, or starting a new game 21473059 in the meantime? FYI I lost game 21473059 so I dont see where I took the advantage here?

I dont know how often or if you play any speed games but when the game is decided as loss almost every player db and find another game instead of just spending 10 or more minutes waiting for the lost game to be completed.

Also you can see many of my wall posts to my opponents as reminders that games have started, when they showed kind of inactivity in first minute of the turn. I am surely noy taking advantage of my opponents missing turns and there were actually just a few missing turns by my opponents in all these games, if we dont count these db misses when games were lost.
Last edited by josko.ri on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
355214962

Re: josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am

Manipulating the Scoreboard
Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament. Possibly due to fear of losing the top spot on the Most Improved Score Board.
Possibly having other people also playing games on his account

LOL at this.

Do you think that TEAM games started on 26 or 27 January have any chance to be finished before 31 January to be counted for the Most Improved Scoreboard? And who says that I would lose these games, maybe I would win and therefore the win would help me to increase my score.

It was me playing these games for fun while at the same time working some online job in different window. Nobody else was on my account.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
355214962

Re: josko.ri

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:34 pm

Donelladan wrote:I didn't check all the games, but the one I checked, josko deadbeated only because game was probably lost.
Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

Also, I dunno what kind of job does josko, but he could be playing at work, then playing 30 hours straights while working seems more plausible. Well, the "while working" seems more plausible, the "30 hours straight" is still impressive, but not impossible.

Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament


While it's a shitty behaviour if it's true, it's not really forbidden is it ? Also, if it was just to be top of the scoreboard by the end of january, he could have just accepted the invite and play really slow.
You don't mention the tournament btw, would help understanding.



I have been repeatedly singled out and banned for deadbeating speed games or looking like i might DB a game because I missed a turn or two. whether i agree or not - i clearly do not - apparently DB 1 v 1 games that are over is frowned upon depending on who you are, even though it's an absolutely common practice that doesn't hurt anyone except maybe Pixar.

this is sure to be a wild conversation. there's an 80% chance i end up banned just for being associated with it.
Image
User avatar
Major Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: josko.ri

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
Donelladan wrote:I didn't check all the games, but the one I checked, josko deadbeated only because game was probably lost.
Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

Also, I dunno what kind of job does josko, but he could be playing at work, then playing 30 hours straights while working seems more plausible. Well, the "while working" seems more plausible, the "30 hours straight" is still impressive, but not impossible.

Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament


While it's a shitty behaviour if it's true, it's not really forbidden is it ? Also, if it was just to be top of the scoreboard by the end of january, he could have just accepted the invite and play really slow.
You don't mention the tournament btw, would help understanding.



I have been repeatedly singled out and banned for deadbeating speed games or looking like i might DB a game because I missed a turn or two. whether i agree or not - i clearly do not - apparently DB 1 v 1 games that are over is frowned upon depending on who you are, even though it's an absolutely common practice that doesn't hurt anyone except maybe Pixar.

this is sure to be a wild conversation. there's an 80% chance i end up banned just for being associated with it.


Difference is yours wasn't speed :lol: . And I wasn't the only one who reported you recently ;)
User avatar
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:15 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
2

Re: josko.ri

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:27 pm

*Pixar* wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:
Donelladan wrote:I didn't check all the games, but the one I checked, josko deadbeated only because game was probably lost.
Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

Also, I dunno what kind of job does josko, but he could be playing at work, then playing 30 hours straights while working seems more plausible. Well, the "while working" seems more plausible, the "30 hours straight" is still impressive, but not impossible.

Purposefully "missing" invites for an extended period of time for a Community run event, causing distress and frustration to the person running the tournament and majorly delaying the tournament


While it's a shitty behaviour if it's true, it's not really forbidden is it ? Also, if it was just to be top of the scoreboard by the end of january, he could have just accepted the invite and play really slow.
You don't mention the tournament btw, would help understanding.



I have been repeatedly singled out and banned for deadbeating speed games or looking like i might DB a game because I missed a turn or two. whether i agree or not - i clearly do not - apparently DB 1 v 1 games that are over is frowned upon depending on who you are, even though it's an absolutely common practice that doesn't hurt anyone except maybe Pixar.

this is sure to be a wild conversation. there's an 80% chance i end up banned just for being associated with it.


Difference is yours wasn't speed :lol: . And I wasn't the only one who reported you recently ;)


The other difference being that I didn't deadbeat the games but sure, let's continue the stupidity. How saying "Yo, can you finish this game? your slow play bothers me for reasons that cannot be comprehended and I would rather waste another two weeks taking meaningless turns." in the chat is not an option, I also do not know. I would have said OK and moved on. But when you're a self important douchebag, you're a self important douchebag. I digress though because I'm probably about to catch a forum ban for posting somewhat off topic.
Image
User avatar
Major Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: josko.ri

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:48 pm

I messaged KA specifically on the rules before posting this...the red is what he wrote.

king achilles wrote:Hey, just a couple questions about the rules on CC.

1) Is it against the rules to DB a speed game?
  • Now for this I don't mean start a ton and just never play a turn at all. I mean quitting after taking at least 1 turn, perhaps when you no longer think there's a chance for you to win.
- This is what Nut Scott got himself into trouble. He took a turn and then on the 2nd round he decided to deadbeat because he says that the dice screwed him up.

I don't necessarily think it SHOULD be against the rules to deadbeat a speed game you know you cannot win. I think it's absurd to sit there deploying, waiting to die; it's a waste of time.

Regarding the tournament, it's the Team Championships. I admit, I made a mistake here. I thought Mad had sent the original invites on January 10th and josko had been denying for over two weeks. Mad told me today though that he had only been sending since the 24th, so it was only 3 days. He's continuously attempting to break the rules in this event, though, and then when he gets told he cannot do something, he sends PMs fighting those decisions and trying to get our team in trouble. In fact, he broke another rule with these most recent games that seriously needs to be addressed...he added a player though told specifically that was against the rules multiple times.

josko.ri wrote:I dont know how often or if you play any speed games but when the game is decided as loss almost every player db and find another game instead of just spending 10 or more minutes waiting for the lost game to be completed.

I 100% agree with this. However, when I see people who are actively trying to make this site better get banned for doing the same thing, I can't help but question why non-moderators are not also facing the same punishments. If there are going to be two sets of rules, that should be made clear. If something is "against the rules", that should also be made clear in my opinion. It's ridiculous to have a rule saying "You cannot DB games" and then have people saying "Everyone else is doing it" or "The game was lost so why not" and not have to face the same punishment as others doing the same thing.
User avatar
Major groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 pm

groovysmurf wrote:Regarding the tournament, it's the Team Championships. I admit, I made a mistake here. I thought Mad had sent the original invites on January 10th and josko had been denying for over two weeks. Mad told me today though that he had only been sending since the 24th, so it was only 3 days. He's continuously attempting to break the rules in this event, though, and then when he gets told he cannot do something, he sends PMs fighting those decisions and trying to get our team in trouble. In fact, he broke another rule with these most recent games that seriously needs to be addressed...he added a player though told specifically that was against the rules multiple times.

this is not true. we faced 3 of 6 our players left the site so we didnt have even 4 players for quads. then we added All Black Rugby as replacement, who was not tournament-tied because he did not previously play for any team in that tournament.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier josko.ri
 
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
355214962

Re: josko.ri

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:34 pm

josko.ri wrote:this is not true. we faced 3 of 6 our players left the site so we didnt have even 4 players for quads. then we added All Black Rugby as replacement, who was not tournament-tied because he did not previously play for any team in that tournament.

It doesn't matter what the reasons. The fact is that the rules state that no replacements are allowed in the Bracket Stage. We wanted to make a replacement because of one of ours leaving the site and were told "no" and we accepted that. The problem I have is that you are continuously bending the rules to meet your needs and yet are the first to jump on someone else who does the same thing. It's hypocritical.
User avatar
Major groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: josko.ri

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:37 pm

I think the discussion about the team championship rules has no place in this Q&A thread.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
User avatar
Brigadier Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
2

Re: josko.ri

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:I think the discussion about the team championship rules has no place in this Q&A thread.

You are correct. I will stay away from this from now on here.
User avatar
Major groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: josko.ri

Postby xroads on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm

Why would he DB if he is trying to win a bunch of games?

Or is he DB losers so he can quickly move on to another one he may win?
Major xroads
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 9:29 am
2543

Re: josko.ri

Postby xroads on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm

And we all knew this was going to happen when he did his 2000 point free fall a couple of months ago, he has done it several times
Major xroads
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 9:29 am
2543

Re: josko.ri

Postby king achilles on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:00 pm

Josko has been issued a temporary vacation. He can still continue to finish his ongoing games.

The people that were also mentioned who are guilty of doing the same thing has also been contacted to be reminded of the rules.
User avatar
Private 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin
 
Posts: 12776
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Re: josko.ri [ka]

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Comments:
. During this nearly 30 hour stretch, he took a total of three 30 minute breaks, two 15 minute ones and one 5 minute break. That does not seem possible to me if only one person was playing.


All I can say is this is possible as I have done that a couple of times when on long static shifts.
User avatar
Lieutenant eddie2
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Southampton uk

Re: josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:35 pm

Donelladan wrote:Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

not accepted by the mod team tho
User avatar
Sergeant iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11205
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: josko.ri

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:20 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Donelladan wrote:Which is kinda accepted in speed game, and only really game abuse if the opponent reports it I believe.

not accepted by the mod team tho


No, but I definitely think it SHOULD be. We have a site where most people who play speed games have no issue with deadbeating and honestly it makes sense to do so in most cases as you could sit there wasting time dropping and basically just waiting to die, which is ridiculous. I feel like the rules regarding this type of thing need to be seriously reviewed and reworked; and be the same rules for EVERYONE on the site, whether a mod or not.

If you're sitting around a board game and know the other player has won, you don't sit there for an hour playing it out anyway.
So why do we have to do that here?
User avatar
Major groovysmurf
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: josko.ri

Postby Chewie1 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 am

king achilles wrote:Josko has been issued a temporary vacation. He can still continue to finish his ongoing games.



But will he be allowed to battle it out for the January most improved prizes as if you have given him a temporary vacation that translates as he is guilty as charged therefore he should loose points and not gain from it.
Image
User avatar
Major Chewie1
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: josko.ri [ka]

Postby Major Lee Fkd on Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:37 am

just make a surrender button.
User avatar
Colonel Major Lee Fkd
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:48 pm
422

Re: josko.ri [ka]

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:14 am

Take the discussion elsewhere
Image

Some day, we'll all be dead
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 15863
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California

Re: josko.ri [ka]

Postby Ltrain on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:10 pm

Why was I included in this? The game referenced worminabottle missed for normal ok reasons, and while it did change my game play thinking he was gone (trench epic I would've stayed back longer to not get into a fight) I'm certainly not going to fault him for coming back because he never announced he wasn't in the game. By the time Josko showed up, he had a stack I couldnt handle, and being stuck in the middle, I announced db in chat in round 10. Nobody had a problem with this game at the time.

I don't know what the purpose of this is. Do you want everyone who is stuck in a hopeless position in a 3 or more speed game to sit there for another hour? I always announce when I am dbing a 3 player or more speed game, and I don't revenge auto roll against the guy that is winning unless there is some reason to do so based on the game and to make it fair when I bow out. I haven't had any issues, just the occasional wall post to request me to keep playing, usually by the person that has been way too agressive against me the whole game and now he wants me to stay in the game so he has a chance. No thanks.
User avatar
Major Ltrain
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: High score 2766 #205 10/29/14

Re: josko.ri [ka]

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 am

Ltrain wrote:I don't know what the purpose of this is. Do you want everyone who is stuck in a hopeless position in a 3 or more speed game to sit there for another hour? I always announce when I am dbing a 3 player or more speed game, and I don't revenge auto roll against the guy that is winning unless there is some reason to do so based on the game and to make it fair when I bow out. I haven't had any issues, just the occasional wall post to request me to keep playing, usually by the person that has been way too agressive against me the whole game and now he wants me to stay in the game so he has a chance. No thanks.

everyone with a brain will agree with you. the only people who disagree are pixar and king achilles.
User avatar
Sergeant iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11205
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm


Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users