Conquer Club

not booted after missing 3 rounds

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

not booted after missing 3 rounds

Postby Otnal on Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:45 pm

PLACE A CONCISE DESCRIPTION OF THE BUG IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Delete or replace any xxxxxxx with the appropriate information.

Operating System: : windows 10
Scripts/third party programs used: none

If the bug happened in a game/s, do not forget to indicate the game number/s.Game 21854123

Concise description:Ok so pretty sure I am right here, but this is also in reference to a poly game so maybe not...2022-07-31 18:06:53 - Bodlian received 9 deferred troops for missing 3 rounds...so that was blue, whom without those 9 defferred I could have easily taken from th position they were. Not only should blue have been booted, I get crap dice vs his deferred troops. Doesn't a player, and in the case of poly, the player/color get booted after 3 consecutive misses? Because of this apparent glitch I get penalized with sub par dice and now no win garantee, which was quite certain previously. I have seen these closed before with the game being just deleted and no compensation to the "rightful" winner which in my opinion wrong. This game was 100% over taking into consideration the missed turns and blue booted (should have been) even beyond that it was pointing that way. So what will be done about it? I feel a fair compensation is a minimal transfer of points and game deletion.
pecifics:[/b]
  • xxxxxxx
Major Otnal

Re: not booted after missing 3 rounds

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:41 pm

I believe that it is three straight for the player. So a color can miss three straight with no penalty as long as the other color is playing. I believe I have him foed for this exact thing.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Otnal on Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:35 am

yellow had been playing up until round prior to blue getting deferred troops, which he missed.
Major Otnal

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:55 am

NSS is correct, in Poly game the miss must be consecutive such as in this case:

Blue, yellow, blue to count as 3 consecutive miss and be booted.

In the described game:

Blue missed
Yellow played
Blue missed
Yellow played
Blue missed
Yellow missed
Blue played
Yellow played

So far no consecutive 3 miss counted therefore the player is not booted.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:58 am

Potentially the player wanted to build up deferred troops for their yellow side, which they later received.

It is possible they just wanted 48 hours between turns for some reason.

Except based on what Scott wrote, seems like they are for sure using deferred troops in an attempt to gain an advantage also.

I'm going to guess the advise will be "Foe and move on." It might not be ideal but sometimes it's all you've got.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby PureStink on Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Does Conquer Club have a rule preventing people from gaming the system or exploiting loopholes to gain an advantage? Can intentionally missing turns ever be a legitimate strategy?
Corporal PureStink

Postby king achilles on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:03 pm

I concur with NSS and Mad777 about the missed turns for Poly games. As for the assumption of him intentionally missing his turns, which is more of a C&A issue than a Bug report, feel free to rate him accordingly if you think he is deliberately doing this in your game. You can always ask in the game chat why he missed some of his turns to get his side. No harm in asking.

PureStink, perhaps this take can also show you a different perspective regarding missed turns:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172893&p=3792601#p3792601
Private 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby PureStink on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:45 pm

king achilles wrote:I concur with NSS and Mad777 about the missed turns for Poly games. As for the assumption of him intentionally missing his turns, which is more of a C&A issue than a Bug report, feel free to rate him accordingly if you think he is deliberately doing this in your game. You can always ask in the game chat why he missed some of his turns to get his side. No harm in asking.

PureStink, perhaps this take can also show you a different perspective regarding missed turns:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172893&p=3792601#p3792601

Interesting read, thanks for linking this. I had kind of a similar train of thought - if you were due 9 troops over 3 turns, surely it makes more sense to have them deployed and doing something productive than to have them 'in hand'?

The only exception I could think of is if you were to suddenly deploy all of your deferred troops and generate a 'surprise' attacking force (for next round) that the opponent doesn't have time to defend against? Especially on maps where there is a winning condition.
Corporal PureStink

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:22 pm

It's effective at times in Baltics because of the general set up of the map. If you can survive a few rounds by taking every other turn, then take a prime castle and fortify it with 9 troops you can swing the game.

In most cases I agree, it's idiotic. But on this map specifically, it can work.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:It's effective at times in Baltics because of the general set up of the map. If you can survive a few rounds by taking every other turn, then take a prime castle and fortify it with 9 troops you can swing the game.

Is that assuming during 3 misses your opponent take 0 castle?
Also as you said yourself you need to be able to survive 3 turns. Which mean during 3 turns you must have quite better dice than your opponent. Having better dice means you d win if you play or miss. Probably easier if you don't miss.

I think it is still a stupid strategy to miss turns. Even in that case :)
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:It's effective at times in Baltics because of the general set up of the map. If you can survive a few rounds by taking every other turn, then take a prime castle and fortify it with 9 troops you can swing the game.

Is that assuming during 3 misses your opponent take 0 castle?
Also as you said yourself you need to be able to survive 3 turns. Which mean during 3 turns you must have quite better dice than your opponent. Having better dice means you d win if you play or miss. Probably easier if you don't miss.

I think it is still a stupid strategy to miss turns. Even in that case :)

Oh I agree. More often than not, you're going to lose with that plan. Just saying, if there's a map that it can work on it, it's that one.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Return to Bug Reports