Conquer Club

Images not working

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Images not working

Postby groovysmurf on Sat May 20, 2023 2:24 pm

Operating System: Windows
Browser: Google Chrome
Scripts/third party programs used: None actively

Concise description:
  • New images and saving threads with images is not working.

Specifics:
  • I went to update the LHDD vs A^ thread (viewtopic.php?f=441&t=239465), and when I hit Submit it said "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." I've tried multiple times with different images and I get the same thing. Caymanmew has also tried and received the same message. These were all from imgur. So, I went to Tinybb.com to try there and it did the same thing. And the old ones are still there. (viewtopic.php?f=442&t=238989)

For some reason, gifs seem to work okay still, just not pics.

Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: Images not working

Postby Mad777 on Sat May 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Happening to me many times and this has come ridiculous, there is no explanation to me as using the same host, sometime it work sometime it doesn’t, thread with image already loaded since a while, one day shows no image but when checking some days later it does appears and without any action…this disregarding the browser you use and the hosting site(s).
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby SoN!c on Sun May 21, 2023 5:24 am

Can you post the link (the picture(s) you wanna post)?

Is it this one?:

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." means your over size limit in either width or height or pixels or MB or you embed a page containing the image instead of the image itself or.. :lol: :lol: (just a poor attempt to sound smart by someone who isnt lol)
Major SoN!c

Postby groovysmurf on Mon May 22, 2023 12:03 am

https://i.imgur.com/ySbfFim.png

I do fix the size of every one of those, so yes I do know about that and also not to embed, but for whatever reason they just stopped working the other day. So, it's gotta be a bug. Hence the report.

Yours does work and gifs work, imgur pics are still not. Thanks for yours, though! I hope you don't mind if I use that address for now until fixed.

SoN!c wrote:Can you post the link (the picture(s) you wanna post)?

Is it this one?:

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." means your over size limit in either width or height or pixels or MB or you embed a page containing the image instead of the image itself or.. :lol: :lol: (just a poor attempt to sound smart by someone who isnt lol)
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby SoN!c on Mon May 22, 2023 6:44 am

groovysmurf wrote:https://i.imgur.com/ySbfFim.png

I do fix the size of every one of those, so yes I do know about that and also not to embed, but for whatever reason they just stopped working the other day. So, it's gotta be a bug. Hence the report.

Yours does work and gifs work, imgur pics are still not. Thanks for yours, though! I hope you don't mind if I use that address for now until fixed.

SoN!c wrote:Can you post the link (the picture(s) you wanna post)?

Is it this one?:

groovysmurf wrote:"I hope you don't mind if I use that address for now until fixed."

That was the idea! Happy to help out
Major SoN!c

Postby groovysmurf on Fri May 26, 2023 3:53 pm

Just an update, this is still an issue. Imgur pics still seem to not be working. Just keeps saying "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." and these are images that I have resized. Hoping this isn't the same thing that happened with Photobucket a few years ago. Pics from other sites work most of the time.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby king achilles on Fri May 26, 2023 9:15 pm

Can you try a different host site other than Imgur?

Nothing in the site code has changed, so it seems related to an external change.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby SoN!c on Sat May 27, 2023 2:03 am

Imgur announced changes to go in affect from 15th of may including removing old and unused photos that are not tied to an account.

Removing those images and links might result in a lot of dead links all over the internet was predicted by TechCrunch+

TechCrunch+ posted an article with the following:

"We have asked the company to specify what is the definition of an “old and unused” photo and will update the story if we hear back.
Notably, in 2017, another hosting service called Photobucket changed its terms and required users to get a $40 per month subscription to enable third-party hosting. This resulted in several broken links across many sites."

So if you are experiencing problems just shortly after 15th of may there is your answer i believe. It's Imgur, not CC. It's pretty clear why Imgur changed policy, Reddit users rely on free Imgur to upload images and then share them on Reddit. That is massive "free" traffic.

Best to transfer your Imgur pics to https://cubeupload.com/
Major SoN!c

Return to Bug Reports