Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:58 pm

elfish_lad wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:For what it's worth I hated panels for a long time and it took me a lot of getting used to, but now I'm happy with them. I just didn't want to let go of poor old BOB.


Jeez... ain’t this the truth. I’m struggling with panels. I keep turning them on and off in team games. But I’m getting there... slowly... Bob just can’t handle the truth! Or my iPad or chrome or the new millennium.


Don't feel bad. I can't handle the new millennium either.
"A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."

Alexander Pope, 1727)
(generally misattributed to Jonathan Swift)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 25917
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby elfish_lad on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:37 am

Dukasaur wrote:
elfish_lad wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:For what it's worth I hated panels for a long time and it took me a lot of getting used to, but now I'm happy with them. I just didn't want to let go of poor old BOB.


Jeez... ain’t this the truth. I’m struggling with panels. I keep turning them on and off in team games. But I’m getting there... slowly... Bob just can’t handle the truth! Or my iPad or chrome or the new millennium.


Don't feel bad. I can't handle the new millennium either.


So... not being a person who understands the changes in tech... is BoB done now?
User avatar
Major elfish_lad
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby dgz345 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:30 am

elfish_lad wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
elfish_lad wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:For what it's worth I hated panels for a long time and it took me a lot of getting used to, but now I'm happy with them. I just didn't want to let go of poor old BOB.


Jeez... ain’t this the truth. I’m struggling with panels. I keep turning them on and off in team games. But I’m getting there... slowly... Bob just can’t handle the truth! Or my iPad or chrome or the new millennium.


Don't feel bad. I can't handle the new millennium either.


So... not being a person who understands the changes in tech... is BoB done now?


Unless someone wants to update it. I don't feel like updating Bob :p
User avatar
Lieutenant dgz345
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Fair enough.

Is there a toggle switch to turn panels on while in game? I know that if you have them on you can turn them off through settings while in game.

Thanks.
User avatar
Major elfish_lad
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:47 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Fair enough.

Is there a toggle switch to turn panels on while in game? I know that if you have them on you can turn them off through settings while in game.

Thanks.


No, there's no switch to turn them on or off during the game. You have to go to setting in the main (left side) menu.

The only in-game panels switch is "Reset". That puts them back in their default position. It's useful if you've been playing around with the position of the panels and you're not happy with the results. Then you can just press "Reset" to put them back where they started and start over.
"A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."

Alexander Pope, 1727)
(generally misattributed to Jonathan Swift)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 25917
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
elfish_lad wrote:Fair enough.

Is there a toggle switch to turn panels on while in game? I know that if you have them on you can turn them off through settings while in game.

Thanks.


No, there's no switch to turn them on or off during the game. You have to go to setting in the main (left side) menu.

The only in-game panels switch is "Reset". That puts them back in their default position. It's useful if you've been playing around with the position of the panels and you're not happy with the results. Then you can just press "Reset" to put them back where they started and start over.


The reset button while you are in a game and under "settings" doesn't work, as soon as you select for instance "Text Map", it give you a Map inspect view, however when you click "Reset" and go back on your map it still shows the Map Inspect view....pretty annoying, reported a while back but never got fixed.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
User avatar
Major Mad777
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 9660
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Ok. Thanks guys. I’ll just keep playing around with it.
User avatar
Major elfish_lad
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby qroola on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm

I have had my update flashing for a long time now and I resisted the urge to upgrade and my old BOB works like it always did.....just fine
New Recruit qroola
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Aba on Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:51 pm

When I click the Get BOB link it just goes to a white enter long text box.
I've installed it in the past with no problem, but recently returned from a long break.
I have tampermonkey, using Google Chrome.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Aba
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Aba wrote:When I click the Get BOB link it just goes to a white enter long text box.
I've installed it in the past with no problem, but recently returned from a long break.
I have tampermonkey, using Google Chrome.

The new panel interface, which you can enable in 'settings' is basically BOB integrated. I'd recommend that.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
User avatar
Brigadier Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
2

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby dgz345 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:50 am

Aba wrote:When I click the Get BOB link it just goes to a white enter long text box.
I've installed it in the past with no problem, but recently returned from a long break.
I have tampermonkey, using Google Chrome.


The get bob link is deprecated since 2014 when userscripts.org shutdown.

But as Extreme Ways said the new panel interface is basically BOB integrated (litterly copypaste base code)

otherwise you can get bob here. http://zack.st/Userscripts
User avatar
Lieutenant dgz345
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby DrFunk on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:51 pm

I am a big BOB fan and have noticed the past week or so it loads sometimes but not every time ?
User avatar
Lieutenant DrFunk
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: USA

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:02 pm

DrFunk wrote:I am a big BOB fan and have noticed the past week or so it loads sometimes but not every time ?

its been replaced by CC's own version called "panels". worse than BOB was, just like CC's version of clickable maps. but serviceable. turn them on in settings and then customise them with the arrows.
Image
User avatar
Colonel iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11570
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby DrFunk on Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm

thank you
User avatar
Lieutenant DrFunk
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: USA

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
DrFunk wrote:I am a big BOB fan and have noticed the past week or so it loads sometimes but not every time ?

its been replaced by CC's own version called "panels". worse than BOB was, just like CC's version of clickable maps. but serviceable. turn them on in settings and then customise them with the arrows.


Honestly i didn’t know about it before, tested it after your post
Seems useful as better than printing screen each time or turn..
But what annoyed me the new table for players states a bit large & the button for taking turns.
User avatar
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Kuwait

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:11 am

do you play on mobile/tablet? i don't find anything too large on pc.

my setup looks like this:

Click image to enlarge.
image
Image
User avatar
Colonel iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11570
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:do you play on mobile/tablet? i don't find anything too large on pc.


now i got why i didn't like it much
1. they used icons instead of telling us (spoils-troops-regions-troops due)
2. the place of the spoils, below the time, and they used to be below the map
(it is far better to be below the map)
3. the place of the chat, make it so small

i think it would be better, to just return game settings/spoils + chat to their place and everything would be fine :D

Click image to enlarge.
image


Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Kuwait

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:31 pm

I'm i'm trying to use it
even i need to slide to 'action' to take the turn, then back to over-view to reconsider my main actions..
it's a bit strange and uncomfortable
User avatar
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Kuwait

Re: BOB 5.3.0

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:41 am

Prince_Tottenham wrote:I'm i'm trying to use it
even i need to slide to 'action' to take the turn, then back to over-view to reconsider my main actions..
it's a bit strange and uncomfortable

you dont have to do any of that with the setup i showed
Image
User avatar
Colonel iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 11570
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KKlemen, TheJonah