Conquer Club

Script: Chatglove - Version 1.8.3

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Script: Chatglove - Version 1.8.3

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:24 pm

IcePack wrote:Yeah, I'm still getting notified for both my and my teammates snaps, even after i viewed them both they both popped back up. It counts down from 2 to 1 temporarily, but then went back up to 2. same games, repeating. Not just these two like its a bug for these two games specifically, but using these two as examples. clearly only snaps are taking place, and they are returning without new snaps or chats on the game chat counter

Just in case, this is on the same device right?

I also know my chatglove sometimes doesnt like it when I use multiple tabs, but never for snaps that are not my own...
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
IcePack wrote:Yeah, I'm still getting notified for both my and my teammates snaps, even after i viewed them both they both popped back up. It counts down from 2 to 1 temporarily, but then went back up to 2. same games, repeating. Not just these two like its a bug for these two games specifically, but using these two as examples. clearly only snaps are taking place, and they are returning without new snaps or chats on the game chat counter

Just in case, this is on the same device right?

I also know my chatglove sometimes doesnt like it when I use multiple tabs, but never for snaps that are not my own...

Same computer, same tab, same browser. I play the games, go to central, it shows two chat in games. So I click first it takes me to my game. Click again it takes me to my teammates game. Both of them are snaps only. I click back to central (the count goes down as I play the games) and then when back to central, it shows two game chats. Click them again, it’s the same two games. Repeat as much as I like they don’t go away unless I hit “read all chat” but for me it’s kinda unusable when looking just for games that chat has been entered to stay on top of games

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:07 pm

Unfortunately I dont have any other questions to ask and neither can I provide with accurate findings of my own experiences, I'm sorry.
General Extreme Ways

Postby ESQuire on Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:58 am

Has this tool stopped working correctly for anyone else? For me, the "new" chats don't get marked as having been read unless I click "Mark all chat as read". Previously, just visiting the game holding the chat was enough to take it off the list of chats to be read.
Also, when I click on "Game Chat" in the "Game Menu" column at left, I am brought to the same single game (out of the group of games with "new" chats) every time... until I "Mark all chat as read".
Lastly, MY chats are listed in the newly chatted games to be read -- instead of only my opponents' chats.
Is this a problem with my cookie settings, possibly?
:-s
Major ESQuire

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Chatglove is now causing snaps to appear as symbols (in Firefox anyway). This is recent. I turned each of my extensions off to find the culprit.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:20 pm

ESQuire wrote:Has this tool stopped working correctly for anyone else? For me, the "new" chats don't get marked as having been read unless I click "Mark all chat as read". Previously, just visiting the game holding the chat was enough to take it off the list of chats to be read.
Also, when I click on "Game Chat" in the "Game Menu" column at left, I am brought to the same single game (out of the group of games with "new" chats) every time... until I "Mark all chat as read".
Lastly, MY chats are listed in the newly chatted games to be read -- instead of only my opponents' chats.
Is this a problem with my cookie settings, possibly?
:-s

Not sue why, but I can do this just fine in Firefox.
General Extreme Ways

Postby mdhill on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:56 pm

I've been having the issues Shannon and ESQuire report, too, but I'll add a little color.

The issues with ChatGlove not recognizing that I have viewed a game since last chat seem to result from ChatGlove not loading when I pull up certain of my games.
When it does not load, this also prevents snaps from appearing in game chat (they are Chinese characters instead), though snaps still work from the snap tab.
This also causes the Game Odds plug-in not to work.
ChatGlove seems not to be loading on more complicated maps (First Nations America, USA 2.1). Overall, this seems to happen about half the time.
Sometimes, I can hit refresh, and ChatGlove will load when it didn't load before. This is less frequently successful on complicated maps.
ChatGlove also sometimes doesn't load on Central Command.
This happens on both Bravo and Chrome browsers.
This has been happening consistently since late-2022.

Has anyone found a solution?
Brigadier mdhill

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements