Conquer Club

Script: Handy Game History - Version 1.4

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Script: Handy Game History - Version 1.4

Postby Dako on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 am

This script is based on philh-2007 Handy Game History script.

Install the script and a 'visualise' link will show up under 'Game Log'. Click it, and you'll be able to go backwards and forwards through the game history. For example you'll be able to see who started with each territory, etc.

Where do I get it?
Install the userscript from here: http://tools.conquerclub.com/handygamehistory/
Should work on all browsers supporting Tampermonkey

This script now is working with current CC version. Have fun and comment if you have found any bugs.
1.4 changes
  • Fixed a problem with getting the coordinates (dgz345)

1.3 changes
  • Added panelinterface support (dgz345)

1.2 changes
  • Adopted to new site changes

1.1 changes
  • Added unvisualize link
  • Changed the code to support new XML format (thanks to sherkaner for pointing this out)
  • Code clean-up, documentation and refactoring
  • Changed the colors to the current CC system
Colonel Dako

Re: Handy Game History 1.0

Postby jleonnn on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 am

thnx! :D
Major jleonnn

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:18 am

Is there a way to "unvisualize" without leaving and re-entering the game, or by refreshing the page?

And a bug.. Colors are comming up wrong when I click it in an 8 player speed game
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 am

I'll be more specific. Red comes up as redish orange. Green comes up as light green. Blue comes up as blue. Yellow comes up as yellow. Pink comes up as cyan. Cyan comes up as light pink. Orange comes up as light orange. Silver comes up as dark pink.

Postby sherkaner on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I'll be more specific. Red comes up as redish orange. Green comes up as light green. Blue comes up as blue. Yellow comes up as yellow. Pink comes up as cyan. Cyan comes up as light pink. Orange comes up as light orange. Silver comes up as dark pink.

Yeah, it seems to use some outdated colors. And I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to fetch the XML, you could get that piece out too and use the new format.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dako on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:33 am

I will add the unvisualize button later.

@sherkaner - what format are you talking about? I was not going into details of the script - merely fixed it to work with current CC system. If you will expand what you mean I might be able to enhance the script.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Dako wrote:I will add the unvisualize button later.

@sherkaner - what format are you talking about? I was not going into details of the script - merely fixed it to work with current CC system. If you will expand what you mean I might be able to enhance the script.

Ah well, it's not the easiest of changes, but it makes the script work on more maps (just tried prohibition chicago, doesn't work for that map, can't find the xml).
The XML isn't the preferred way to fetch the territories and territory locations any more, this script still uses that tactic.
But now it's in the page already, which saves you a request to the server and you'll always have the right data (lack doesn't guarantee some mechanisms are still working, I think the script uses one of those).
So if you get it from the page (see CM for 1 way to fetch it), you'll only have to pour it in the structure the plugin uses, and everything should work.
It seems to only fetch the territories with name and coordinates, and put them in a map with the name as the key, not terribly complicated luckily.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: Handy Game History 1.1

Postby Dako on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:45 am

New version is out!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83035

1.1 changes
  • Added unvisualize link
  • Changed the code to support new XML format (thanks to sherkaner for pointing this out)
  • Code clean-up, documentation and refactoring
  • Changed the colors to the current CC system

Known issue - script is working unstable with fog games (cause of all the unknown neutrals).
Colonel Dako

Postby ender516 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Well, if it works well once the fog lifts at the end of the game, that will be good at least for post-mortem analysis.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:28 pm

ender516 wrote:Well, if it works well once the fog lifts at the end of the game, that will be good at least for post-mortem analysis.

It will be very good for those games :)

I will try the new version out on a speed game or two and let you know what happens :)

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:03 pm

No Chrome compatibility?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Dako on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 am

Do you need it? I can try to alter the code and make it work there as well.
Colonel Dako

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks for updating this! I had thought about trying it myself a while back, but I don't know enough about the scripting format for plugins and decided this was going to take some work. Anyway, I did find one bug. The vertical position of the markers is incorrect when you use large maps. It looks like the problem is in the getTerrCoords () function:

var ly = ts[i].yS; should read var ly = ts[i].yL;
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Dako on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 am

the.killing.44 wrote:No Chrome compatibility?

Actually, the script was working already (awesome, me) so I just added 1 line for indicators positioning and it is working fine right now (you can just reinstall the script).

Doc_Brown wrote:Thanks for updating this! I had thought about trying it myself a while back, but I don't know enough about the scripting format for plugins and decided this was going to take some work. Anyway, I did find one bug. The vertical position of the markers is incorrect when you use large maps. It looks like the problem is in the getTerrCoords () function:

var ly = ts[i].yS; should read var ly = ts[i].yL;

True, thanks for spotting this! Already fixed.

Also, nuke games makes this script work unexpectedly because you don't know which player's region were nuked - hence can't build the history correctly.
Colonel Dako

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 pm

<3
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 am

This sounds interesting, must get it when I get to my home computer (yep, marking my territory :P ).
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby wolfpack0530 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 pm

I went to install it and Chrome gave me a warning. 'This script can access your data on all websites"

this is worrysome, so to be safe, I did not complete the download. what is the real possiblility that private data can fall into the wrong hands?
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby sherkaner on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm

wolfpack0530 wrote:I went to install it and Chrome gave me a warning. 'This script can access your data on all websites"

this is worrysome, so to be safe, I did not complete the download. what is the real possiblility that private data can fall into the wrong hands?

Chrome gives that message with all scripts I think, and it's actually wrong in case of most userscripts. They are only activated on certain URL's.
Privacy is another item though, the source code is available so you could check for yourself whether it contains any methods to send data to other servers. In general, people just trust the creator or 'the community' enough to just install it.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:08 pm

wolfpack0530 wrote:I went to install it and Chrome gave me a warning. 'This script can access your data on all websites"

Chrome gives this warning for all the scripts. Handy game history works only on game page of CC. I can guarantee you that script doesn't access your private data at all. The code is open-sourced so you can look at it. There are much more dangers in the internet than scripts made for community by community moderators.

Script is safe.
Colonel Dako

Postby wolfpack0530 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 am

thanks for the replies. I dont doubt that the script is safe, just wondering how easily it may be used as a vehicle to view another's computer or something. no doubt there are some brilliant minds on this site who may know how to do such a thing. I guess this question is not specific to this script, but all of them i guess.

Because as sherk. said, i am getting the warning on all of them, so i am not really considering it to be a big deal at all. just curious
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby Dako on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 am

It is relatively easy to do so :).
Colonel Dako

Postby cometripas on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I have using handy game history for a few days and it worked fine, but now it doesn't work. I have uninstalled it and installed it again, tried with different games, but nothing. Does anyone have the same problem? Maybe incompatibility with other scripts from CC?

Thanks.
Major cometripas

Postby Dako on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:46 pm

The script is not working due to the last site changes. I am waiting for admins to fix 1 minor error and then the script will work again. I will post about it in this thread.
Colonel Dako

Postby cometripas on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 am

Ok, we are waiting.
Major cometripas

Postby Dako on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm

New version is out with the fixed of current site changes.

Enjoy - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83035.
Colonel Dako

Next

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements