Conquer Club

GM Script: Watch this game - Version 1.4.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.3

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Dako wrote:
Night Strike wrote:It would be beneficial if the games were ordered by number or even by a custom order.

They are ordered by the "Remaining time" either ascending or descending (depends on your option in the script menu).

Is it possible to add other ordering options?

Which one would you like to see?
It is possible, but hard to do right now.
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 am

Dako wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Dako wrote:
Night Strike wrote:It would be beneficial if the games were ordered by number or even by a custom order.

They are ordered by the "Remaining time" either ascending or descending (depends on your option in the script menu).

Is it possible to add other ordering options?

Which one would you like to see?
It is possible, but hard to do right now.

I would just like to sort by game number so it cuts down a bit more time as I don't have to look through my spreadsheet when updating games.

Also, are you able to add the Tournament Thread Link on the watched game tab just like it is on the Active Games tab?
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Ok. I will try to do that on the weekend.

Stay tuned for the update.
Colonel Dako

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 pm

I havn't read every reply ... but i would like to ask for a feature ... could you add a "Next Watched Game" link somewhere so that I can simply cycle through my watched games rather than have to open them one at a time from the watched game tab .... also could you add a Watched Games button under "Game Finder" on the main game menu ... i think you shoudl be able to inject that html at that location =)

Thanx

=D=

p.s. did I say how cool this grease monky addon is =)
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Dako on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 am

dolomite13 wrote:I havn't read every reply ... but i would like to ask for a feature ... could you add a "Next Watched Game" link somewhere so that I can simply cycle through my watched games rather than have to open them one at a time from the watched game tab .... also could you add a Watched Games button under "Game Finder" on the main game menu ... i think you shoudl be able to inject that html at that location =)

Thanx

=D=

p.s. did I say how cool this grease monky addon is =)

I will look into "next watched game" implementation. But I would like not to inject anything into game menu - and I plan to change the structure if the tab later so it will be impossible to make a tab has a static name. So it will not make any sense anymore later.
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.4.0

Postby Dako on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello everyone. New version has been release with 3 new feature, and one of them is a major improvement!

Now WTG works in Chrome (well, updates do not work but that is a known issue). And also, I added a confirmation on uwatch all action and another sorting option - now you can sort games by time or game number!

Enjoy - Install link
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 pm

When watching waiting games, it doesn't show the empty spots like the game finder page. So you have no clue how many more players are needed for the game to start.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:When watching waiting games, it doesn't show the empty spots like the game finder page. So you have no clue how many more players are needed for the game to start.

Yes, I know. Sorry, this is a CC API bug and there is no way to solve it unless you nag lackattack very hard for that.
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Dako wrote:
Night Strike wrote:When watching waiting games, it doesn't show the empty spots like the game finder page. So you have no clue how many more players are needed for the game to start.

Yes, I know. Sorry, this is a CC API bug and there is no way to solve it unless you nag lackattack very hard for that.

Bummers. Oh well, at least it updates when new people join the game.
Major Night Strike

Postby Kinnison on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Okay, I've got a weird bug.

I've got only a few games watched for tournaments I'm in or running right now (I did NOT try watching the 486 in the first round of Powers of Three, what do you think I am, nuts?)

In two of those games, a user displays as someone else, from outside the game. clicking on his profile link, or entering the game, displays him properly.

In these games [Game]morleyjoe[/Game] is being shown from the outside to be [Game]pedronicus[/Game]... WTH?

This does NOT apply to games in my active games (where I'm playing morleyjoe a few times), NOR does it show up if I just punch one of those games into game finder. ONLY in "watched games", and it is not, so far as I can tell, affecting any other users.

Anyone else having this problem, or similar?
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Dako on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Yes, known issue. The problem is that their user id is similar - 147392 vs 473. So the script fails to do the thing correct.

Unfortunately, I am very busy with time right now and I don't think I will have time to fix it in the nearest future.
Colonel Dako

Postby leapfrog on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Nice Script. The Tech Document Group should be working on this script very soon.
Sergeant leapfrog

Postby scottp on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 pm

thanks for this, have been using, and loving it!
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 am

This is one of my favourite scripts! It makes keeping an eye on half of my tournaments so much easier, the amount of clicks that I save for updating is amazing, so my mouse is also loving it :lol:

Though, I have one tiny complaint (don't remember if I posted it already or if it has mentioned before). Everybody is shown as premium member in the list of watched games. It would really help if freemium players would be shown like that because sometimes sending out new games depends on those freemiums getting eliminated/being in games. Is there a way to change it?

Yet, even with the tiny "flaw", I'm loving it! Thanks, Dako! =D>
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Dako on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 am

amazzony wrote:This is one of my favourite scripts! It makes keeping an eye on half of my tournaments so much easier, the amount of clicks that I save for updating is amazing, so my mouse is also loving it :lol:

Though, I have one tiny complaint (don't remember if I posted it already or if it has mentioned before). Everybody is shown as premium member in the list of watched games. It would really help if freemium players would be shown like that because sometimes sending out new games depends on those freemiums getting eliminated/being in games. Is there a way to change it?

Yet, even with the tiny "flaw", I'm loving it! Thanks, Dako! =D>

Nope, I cannot change it yet - the CC doesn't give premium info on players request =(.
Colonel Dako

Postby amazzony on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:28 am

Alright, thanks! I really don't know anything about programming so all my requests/suggestions might be off but it doesn't mean I'll stop making them :oops:

I use Watch this game for tournaments and mostly to check which games have started and finished. So I was thinking if there's a way to easily notice these kind of games. Either by sorting them in order of waiting/active/finished or use a special way of mark the games with tags "waiting", "finished". Or, if these things can't be done maybe just show the open spots (or who they are reserved to) when I go on my Watched tab.

It's not a huge deal if it can't be done but I usually go through the list of 100+ games daily and it would help me if (and probably others) so I thought I'll post my idea :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Dako on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:56 am

In the menu you can select sorting order "Sort by Time" and use "Reversed order" to NO. This way all finished games will be on top of your list. As fro started games - there is no such feature.

However, I can add additional sorting by game state (active, finished, waiting) and it will sort them like that.
Colonel Dako

Postby amazzony on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 am

Dako wrote:In the menu you can select sorting order "Sort by Time" and use "Reversed order" to NO. This way all finished games will be on top of your list. As fro started games - there is no such feature.

Thanks, didn't know it.

Dako wrote:However, I can add additional sorting by game state (active, finished, waiting) and it will sort them like that.

That would be so awesome if it's not too much work!
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: Watch this game - 1.4.1 (2010-10-11)

Postby Dako on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:37 am

Hello everyone. New version has been release with some fixes and new features.

Version 1.4.1
  • Added - "watch" snippet to each [game] tag
  • Added - empty slots now show correctly for waiting games
  • Fixed - USA map pack names don't overlap anymore
  • Fixed - game players don't overlap anymore

Enjoy - Install link
Colonel Dako

Postby tokle on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 am

In my list of watched games, there has suddenly appeared game number 1, with a long list of players. (i'd say more than a hundred).
this was just after installing the new update.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby Dako on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am

Go to about:config page and post me your "greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://userscripts.org/Conquer Club - Watch This Game.games" value.

This will tell what is the problem - maybe you have malformed watched game listing.
Colonel Dako

Postby tokle on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:40 am

Dako wrote:Go to about:config page and post me your "greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://userscripts.org/Conquer Club - Watch This Game.games" value.

This will tell what is the problem - maybe you have malformed watched game listing.

"7694369,7704867,7665694,7513374,7513377,7513382,7513384,7513386,7513391,7513394,7513395,7746542,7579940,7760193,7777308,7777300,7780488,"

this is the value.
Game 1 in the list still has the green link saying watch this game. So it's not watched.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby Dako on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:47 am

Please remove the last comma in the value string - that should fix your problem.
Colonel Dako

Postby tokle on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:53 am

That sorted it. Thanks.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I love the script.
When I input the name of a tournament to watch the games, the waiting games don't show up. I have tried with Options>Watch waiting games: Yes and No.

Thanks
Captain Sir. Ricco

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives