Conquer Club

GM Script: Watch this game - Version 1.4.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Watch this game - 1.4.2 (2010-12-05)

Postby Ffraid on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:World Cup 2011 doesn't show up right in Watched games anymore. I'm pretty sure it did previously

Okay, not a JavaScript programmer (and I probably haven't written a program since college, which was, like, 30 years ago, when FORTRAN was all the rage) but I did notice that the map thumbnails were not displaying correctly for Closed maps and after hours (seriously, hours) of investigation and experimentation I found that it is a simple fix.

In the:

//--------- Map object functions ---------//

section, under the line:

switch (map.status) {

you need to add the line:

case 'C': status = MapNormal; break;

I put mine between case 'N' and case 'B'. I don't know if it matters but I'm not sure what is going on with case 'R', so you should maybe, at least, put it after that line (like I said, not a JavaScript programmer).

P.S. Oh, btw, Dako, thanks for the script!
Last edited by Ffraid on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Ffraid

Re: Watch this game - 1.4.3 (2011-09-17)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 pm

ender516 wrote:I don't know if what I'm thinking is at all related to what is happening here, but what if someone used two devices from time to time which either shared or synchronized their configuration files. For example, someone uses a desktop and a laptop, configured so that all the configuration, history, and what not are synchronized. If the desktop was always on, but the laptop was restarted from time to time, the configurations on disk and in memory might get out of sync.

that wouldn't be the problem with me as i only use it on the pc

i did just run a security update but closed all my tabs and used the File, Exit before restarting FF to install the update. everything seems to have come back fine.

security updates run while CC was still running or other forced shutdowns seemed to stuff things up for me.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dako on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:42 am

Ffraid wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:World Cup 2011 doesn't show up right in Watched games anymore. I'm pretty sure it did previously

Okay, not a JavaScript programmer (and I probably haven't written a program since college, which was, like, 30 years ago, when FORTRAN was all the rage) but I did notice that the map thumbnails were not displaying correctly for Closed maps and after hours (seriously, hours) of investigation and experimentation I found that it is a simple fix.

In the:

//--------- Map object functions ---------//

section, under the line:

switch (map.status) {

you need to add the line:

case 'C': status = MapNormal; break;

I put mine between case 'N' and case 'B'. I don't know if it matters but I'm not sure what is going on with case 'R', so you should maybe, at least, put it after that line (like I said, not a JavaScript programmer).

P.S. Oh, btw, Dako, thanks for the script!

Thanks a lot! R goes for random maps and the order should be from more popular to least popular. I will include this in the next fix!
Colonel Dako

Postby Ffraid on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 am

Dako wrote:Thanks a lot! R goes for random maps and the order should be from more popular to least popular. I will include this in the next fix!

You are quite welcome. It's fun for me to try to figure out these types of things on my own (only if I am successful, otherwise it's just frustrating ;) ).

I figured out that R was for Random Maps but I didn't really understand the line, since there is no status = something after the : so, since R seemed like a special case, I wasn't sure if it needed to go first for some reason.

Please also understand that I was explaining where I put the line for Ace Rimmer's benefit, because I knew that it worked that way. I would certainly never presume to tell you where to put a line of code in your own script! :)

Again, Dako, thanks for all the work you, and the other techies, do for CC. I just started downloading some of these scripts recently, so I haven't used them a lot, but they are fun! (Still haven't tried BOB yet, though. That one seems kind of intimidating.)
Colonel Ffraid

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 am

So maybe this has been discussed already but I am watching 5 games but my counter says 16. I tried grabbing a screenshot but Gyazo isn't cooperating.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby ender516 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Presuming you use Windows, you can press your PrintScreen (PrtSc) key, then run Paint, then press Paste (Ctrl-V). Then you can save that screen image in a file. Come back here and post a new reply (not a quick reply, you need the full editor). Below the Save/Preview/Submit buttons, you will see the Options tab, but you should also see the Upload attachment tab. Select that, and put in the name of the Paint file you saved. Voilà! No need for any fancy add-ons or file-sharing sites. (If you are running on a Mac, I can't give you exact instructions, but I dare say that there are similar ways to get a screenshot into a file. The attachment trick should be pretty much the same.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Not seeing the Upload attachment tab but gyazo is working so I can show you that... :D

http://gyazo.com/2979a6a707c9d46bf59ca7dc2c94ba12

Here's the original issue:

http://gyazo.com/32939ff18a64dfcd6ebee245f26f4245
http://gyazo.com/e0cc7855614b2323a8fae880e5655dee

Thanks!

EDIT: You can use game # 9856887 as a reference point in the screenshots.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby ender516 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 am

Hmm, maybe the attachment thing is for Team CC members only. Anyway, do games normally drop out of the watch list when you are eliminated or when the game ends?

Which number is accurate, as far as you remember? Is the counter too high, or are there games that you were watching that are not appearing in that tab?

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:44 am

ender516 wrote:Hmm, maybe the attachment thing is for Team CC members only. Anyway, do games normally drop out of the watch list when you are eliminated or when the game ends?

Which number is accurate, as far as you remember? Is the counter too high, or are there games that you were watching that are not appearing in that tab?

Games normally do not drop out of the watch list on their own, I have to "unwatch game" at which time the counter updates automatically.

I believe the counter is too high, I don't think I ever lost any games that I was trying to watch. I really only use it to watch the games from the tourneys I run and haven't ever noticed to be missing any for my updates.

On a side note, I've used this script for probably just under a year and went through several updates of FF. I've had up to about 200 games watched at a single time and this is the lowest it's been since first using it, so I don't have any history on when the difference occurred.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Dako on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:38 am

This might happen in few cases:
Error in the script
Game was deleted by admins
Error on the API

The only way for you to reset the counter is to copy your watched game numbers, click unwatch all and then watch the games again. This will reset the counter and everything will work fine.
Colonel Dako

Postby ender516 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 am

I was thinking of suggesting this as well. With only 5 games being watched, now is the time for this manoeuvre.

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks guys.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:40 am

I haven't read the thread at all, so I don't know what's been said and discussed.

I have a suggestion that I thought of earlier today.

I would like to be able to sort watched games into different categories. There are various games that I would like to watch. My 3 main categories would be:
    Tournament Games from tournaments I'm running
    My Games waiting for players, so that when they fill, I can check them out right at the beginning
    Games for people that I am sitting for
If we could divide games into categories, that would be nice.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dako on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:24 am

chapcrap wrote:I haven't read the thread at all, so I don't know what's been said and discussed.

I would like to be able to sort watched games into different categories. There are various games that I would like to watch. My 3 main categories would be:
    My Games waiting for players, so that when they fill, I can check them out right at the beginning

Thanks for the idea. It has been suggested but I don't have time to implement it. It would be a great help to have many groups for watched games.
Colonel Dako

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Dako wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I haven't read the thread at all, so I don't know what's been said and discussed.

Thanks for the idea. It has been suggested but I don't have time to implement it. It would be a great help to have many groups for watched games.

Would there be a way to have essentially this same script and use it for multiple addons?

Basically, you would have the watch game script, but have it separately from Watched games and you could name the tab yourself? Does this idea make sense?

I'm not sure if the scripts would be able to coincide because they would do the same thing, but you could turn one off and turn another one on, depending on what you wanted to watch.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dako on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm

It is possible for sure. As I said, the only problem I have is that I don't have much time for the tool right now. I am really sorry, but that is the truth and I don't want to give false hope to you.
Colonel Dako

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Dako wrote:It is possible for sure. As I said, the only problem I have is that I don't have much time for the tool right now. I am really sorry, but that is the truth and I don't want to give false hope to you.

Well, I don't mind it not being available for a while, I was just asking about a possibility as a way of implementation that I thought might be faster... I understand not having time.

So...do you think that it would work better to update the original script to allow sorting and categories or to produce a few similar scripts?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dako on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:10 pm

It would be better if it was one script. Making them work separate will take as much effort as making the whole funcitonality into main script.
Colonel Dako

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Dako wrote:It would be better if it was one script. Making them work separate will take as much effort as making the whole funcitonality into main script.

Thanks.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:11 am

Is anyone else having issues with this? Mine shows the number of watched games, but not any of the games.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby chapcrap on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:02 am

chemefreak wrote:Is anyone else having issues with this? Mine shows the number of watched games, but not any of the games.

Mine works. The only problem I have had is if I try to watch too many games at once (over 200), it won't show them all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dako on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 am

chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Is anyone else having issues with this? Mine shows the number of watched games, but not any of the games.

Mine works. The only problem I have had is if I try to watch too many games at once (over 200), it won't show them all.

Yeah, there is a limit to the games number you can watch, unfortunately.

Should work fine. How many games do you have watched?
Colonel Dako

Postby chapcrap on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:40 am

Dako wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

What's the limit? It still shows that I'm watching 280 or however many games right now, they just don't all show up. Once I unwatch some, some more show up.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Dako wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Should work fine. How many games do you have watched?

Just wanted to update you. I went ahead did an uninstall and cleared my cache. Worked perfect upon reinstall. I usually watch all of our clan war games so never more than 100 or so. Thanks for the help.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Dako on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 am

I think the limit should be around 250 games. Script is not optmized to watch so many games at once :).
Colonel Dako

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives