Conquer Club

Flags of the world

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Flags of the world

Postby ThrushAAX on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am

Woudn't this require a huge number of web requests? If you played 2000 unique players you would need to load 2000 different api calls? I suppose it could cash the result of each player after each run, but it still sounds like a lot. Maprank doesn't even hit 100 api calls (though they have a large result set) until you have 20000 games. Actually it would be similar to some of the maprank code as you still need to get and parse all games played then you need to look up each unique player.

It would be be faster to get and store country flags from the scoreboard in large batches, but that's only for the current active players.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ender516 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 pm

grifftron wrote:bump... ender anything new ? :P

Thanks for the reminder. I got my C4 script released here, but I am holding off on Player Link until Game Link, Map Rank, and BOB are all okay with Trench Warfare.
ThrushAAX wrote:Woudn't this require a huge number of web requests? If you played 2000 unique players you would need to load 2000 different api calls? I suppose it could cash the result of each player after each run, but it still sounds like a lot. Maprank doesn't even hit 100 api calls (though they have a large result set) until you have 20000 games. Actually it would be similar to some of the maprank code as you still need to get and parse all games played then you need to look up each unique player.

It would be be faster to get and store country flags from the scoreboard in large batches, but that's only for the current active players.

ThrushAAX makes some valid points. The Map Rank code would be a good base for this, but with the current API, you do need one call for each player. Maybe this would be best done as an enhancement to Map Rank. To be honest, I don't know if Map Rank caches lists of unique players, or recreates them with each run. I will try to get a closer look at this idea this week.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby grifftron on Thu May 03, 2012 3:49 am

Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Tools Suggestions