Conquer Club

GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - v 1.6.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - v 1.6.4

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 pm

wisemanpsemc wrote:Turns out this is not true either. It is only happening in team games. Maybe it is picking up that the other team is chatting?

That was my first guess as well, only team games for me too.. Could that be it?
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Dako on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:11 am

Re my script - I told you to put it below chatglove in the script menu. Then no problems should occur.
Colonel Dako

Postby darth emperor on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 am

Congrats for the script, and answering to your question

No, I just have one tab (if I have more I check it again) for example today itself has happen a random game chat! twice in the same map (5 min after) and wan't a team game... but has fog... maybe is a chat fog :lol:

And I like also that appears new chat! in new games is perfect when you have many games, to have a control. Also I agree that pressing game chat would be awesome to put you in the next new game chat!

I've got a sug... what about to put new game chat! in recenlty finished games (the ones are in your finished games list) as sometimes people continue to talk in that games....just as when you are eliminated
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby ender516 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:25 am

That last suggestion has some merit. If someone woke up and made a comment after a game had finished, I would withdraw the Silent tag that s/he had earned, and adjust the Attitude rating accordingly.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby nikola_milicki on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Dako wrote:Re my script - I told you to put it below chatglove in the script menu. Then no problems should occur.

oh oh 8-[

woks fine now :D
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:11 am

I haven't used it a lot but the one game where I did use, I loved it :D
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby wisemanpsemc on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 pm

wisemanpsemc wrote:
wisemanpsemc wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
wisemanpsemc wrote:Foxy, the game chat is lighting up again when there is no new chat. Kind of like the bug when it was broke the last time. It is not just from games that were active at that time. I have some newer games doing it as well.

I do love the script though. Keep up the great work.

Question for you (and others who are having erroneous chat notifications): do you have CC games open in multiple firefox tabs?

Sorry for the delayed response. No, I know that causes some errors but I double check in those instances. I would have to agree with Nicky though that it seems to only be on beta maps.

Turns out this is not true either. It is only happening in team games. Maybe it is picking up that the other team is chatting?

I know it has been a little while. But, I have been watching this more. It happens on nearly every map. I have a feeling it shows new chat when someone posts a chat no matter if it is team chat, note to self or public chat. I am in a term esc on classic map and it keeps showing up there too. I asked if anyone is making a note to self to see if this is the case, but got no response. But this is the only thing that makes sense. Hope it helps you fix it.
Major wisemanpsemc

Postby phantomzero on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127150&p=2786485#p2786338

I'm not sure if this is something that could be done with GM? Or if it's something that could be an option in chatglove.

Love the script BTW.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 am

phantomzero wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127150&p=2786485#p2786338

I'm not sure if this is something that could be done with GM? Or if it's something that could be an option in chatglove.

Love the script BTW.

I would think that this would be feasible, since BOB analyzes the Game Log to produce the Terminator Points Summary, which requires recognizing when each round begins and ends. Although I like the idea in the suggestion, and it would likely be easy for the site to implement, I would rather be able to call up a merged Game Chat and Game Log (the chat could perhaps be in italics).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby dwilhelmi on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 am

This script does not seem to be working anymore for me. Did the site update with the hidden chat logs break this?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Foxglove on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:11 am

dwilhelmi wrote:This script does not seem to be working anymore for me. Did the site update with the hidden chat logs break this?

Yes - any game with more than 50 lines of chat will no longer register new chat lines.

I have updated the script with a fix that I'm testing out now - you can try it here (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64532) if you'd like to be an early-adopter. :) Once I feel confident that it's functioning properly I'll trigger the update notice for everyone.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby dwilhelmi on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:17 am

Foxglove wrote:
dwilhelmi wrote:This script does not seem to be working anymore for me. Did the site update with the hidden chat logs break this?

Yes - any game with more than 50 lines of chat will no longer register new chat lines.

I have updated the script with a fix that I'm testing out now - you can try it here (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64532) if you'd like to be an early-adopter. :) Once I feel confident that it's functioning properly I'll trigger the update notice for everyone.

I have installed it, and so far it seems to work great. I will let you know if I run into any problems with it. Thanks!
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Foxglove on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:07 am

Hey everyone - I updated chatsniffer to work correctly now that the new site update limits the chat log to 50 lines by default.

The first time you load CC after getting the latest version of chatglove all of your games will be marked as having new chat. This is because I'm using a new method of determining whether there is new chat or not - so all the saved game chat indicators need to be reset. You can just click the "Mark all chat as read" option in the menu though, and you should be good to go!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Leehar on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:22 pm

I've realised with the new bob feature for seeing snapshots in chat that I might actually need this feature now. I usually use msn for game discussions, but this seems like it'll come really handy for analyzing snapshots in-between rounds

Edit: Btw, that GM guy makes an interesting point:
Dolomite13 wrote:Any chance of Making the Chat Glove more of a alternative way of viewing most all of the info in the page beneath the map?

For instance making it tabbed with a tab for chat, another for the player info (right side of map), another tab for the game log, and another for the Action area would allow you to play the map without having to ever scroll down on high def monitors.

Just my 2 cents worth.

=D=

I for one would think it'd be cool if the log could be another tab on the glove, since I do sometimes still need to scroll down to see what the opponent did exactly..
And even seeing bob or normal stats there would be cool 8-[

But anyway, from the little I've been using this, it seems really awesome, great work fox =D>

Edit2: Also, is there any connection between this add-on and live chat? For some reason I seem to be disconnecting fairly regularly from live chat since I installed this :?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Incandenza on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Hmmm, I'm up to date, and it seemed to be working fine, but every so often it'll freak out and think I have a ton of new chat in games where I don't have chat...
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Foxglove on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Incandenza wrote:Hmmm, I'm up to date, and it seemed to be working fine, but every so often it'll freak out and think I have a ton of new chat in games where I don't have chat...

Sigh! :(

Sorry for creating the finickiest add-on ever. I will look into it.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Although it does occasionally say that there is new chat when in fact, there isn't, it is an extremely small inconvenience for the pro's of this add-on!! I constantly recommend it to everyone.. made an entire thread about it in the-clan-that-I-am-in's forum page.. It is the best add-on in CC in my opinion :)

Thanks again Foxglove!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Incandenza on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Hmmm, I'm up to date, and it seemed to be working fine, but every so often it'll freak out and think I have a ton of new chat in games where I don't have chat...

Sigh! :(

Sorry for creating the finickiest add-on ever. I will look into it.

I think I've found the potential problem: I usually have several different tabs open, and if I go to My Games from a different tab, that's when chatglove things everything has new chat.

And don't apologize, chatglove rules and has positively impacted my CC experience. :D

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Same problem as posted above. Every couple of hours or so it tells me I have new chat in 1 game or another that there is no new chat in.

I don't have the problem that Inc has, it never does all of them, but every once in a while it just says there is new chat in 1 game where there isn't.

As you already know, I think your script is amazing and I can live with this little problem if you don't get to it. I just thought I would point it out. Thanks Fizzy!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby darth emperor on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm not sure if it was mentioned... if it was sorry... I found that if firefox is not closed rightly all the chat you have visited come again as new chat (maybe it was something obvious for many people, at least for me it wasn't :lol:)

Also I found that the new games don't appear as new chat! anymore... I don't know if you changed (at least i don't see it in the updates changes) if you did, please forget this part :D
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Eyestone on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 pm

"New chat"-messages won't go away :(
General Eyestone

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Eyestone wrote:"New chat"-messages won't go away :(

Yes, I am having the same problem starting today. As well as my "detached chat box" isn't starting detached like it is set to. I think all around chatglove just quit working today and is reading you have however many new chats that you had when it quit working.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Incandenza on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Big ten-four on the broken chatglove. :(

Colonel Incandenza

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Same here. Also noticed that it does not appear that the script is even activating inside games. The "Game Chat" line goes away completely, and detach chat is gone as well.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby silverking8 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

same here, chatglove is more like chatbug today :/
Captain silverking8

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives