Conquer Club

Average Die Roll (for BOB)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Average Die Roll (for BOB)

Postby cranberrysucks on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I was thinking it would be cool to have a "luck factor" in the BOB statistics for each player. Average die roll would probably be enough, possibly coupled with standard deviation (that may not really matter). Not sure if this has been brought up before or how difficult it would be to program in. It would be fun anyways, but may also explain why a game went a certain way.
Private 1st Class cranberrysucks

Re: Average Die Roll (for BOB)

Postby ender516 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:33 pm

If you want information about your dice, seek not in BOB, but here: Dice analyzer 1.5.1a, 1.5.1b and 1.5.1c. It should be able to tell you more than you really want to know about your luck.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 pm

And don't forget to check out 'Dice Streaks as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby cranberrysucks on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I did install all of those programs after your suggestions thank you, they are really cool. It would still be nice to have something to compare your luck to each of the opponents though.

Postby ender516 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Right now, the system does not convey all the details of each dice roll you make to your opponents: not while they are happening and not in the game log. So the best you can do right now is ask your opponents if they are using the plugins we discussed above and if they would like to reveal just how much of their win was due to skill and and how much to dumb luck. ;) Actually, I think (or at least I hope) that anyone who was using these tools might share the results at the end of the game, just for the sake of their own interest in your results. Try bringing it up in the game chat, or via a PM.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby cranberrysucks on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:38 pm

That's not a bad idea. Thanks.

Return to Tool Archives