Conquer Club

Right Click CM

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Right Click CM

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 pm

I know this isn't a bug and most likely on my end but.... here is my problem. And it just took me 20 speed games to realize it.

When I right click to do a full drop, fort or auto/advance...I'm getting the 'page options.. ie back, forward,reload, bookmark this page... etc. How can I fix this- does it have to do with my mouse properties?
Major Scott-Land

Re: Right Click CM

Postby Dako on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:56 am

I think you need to click on the CC map to activate special right-click events. If you click outside of the map you will fire Firefox menu events.
Colonel Dako

Postby Tisha on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am

it's happening while he is clicking ON the map. . . I think :?
Major Tisha

Postby Scott-Land on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Yes... I am clicking on the map-- thought that would be the natural assumption.
Major Scott-Land

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:20 am

Hmm, and this happens in all games? As far as I understand CM catches all left and right-clicks on the map, even when it's not your turn. So if CM is on, that shouldn't happen.
But maybe there is some option to allways allow the right-click menu to show up in Firefox or something, I'm not sure.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby jammyjames on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:33 am

i've been having the exact same thing over the past couple of weeks..
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 am

Latest CM version? Cause I don't have that problem.
Colonel Dako

Postby Scott-Land on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I've downloaded all the updated versions and there isn't a red blinking update anywhere so I'm assuming that it is running the current version. I've obviously tried to play freestyle in the last few weeks with it and simply just can't do it and be competitive. Quite annoying in seq but it's not a game changer obviously.
Major Scott-Land

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Guess this thread has become a gfy thread eh ? Thanks for all the help as usual !
Major Scott-Land

Postby ender516 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 pm

When you say "all the updated versions", what do you mean? Multiple versions of CM, or do you have several add-ons active? If so, which ones?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Cheers for the response.

I don't know how else to clarify... I have the newest version downloaded, there isn't a red blinking update link. I only have one CM version downloaded, the one from the CM thread.
Major Scott-Land

Postby lokisgal on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Scott do you have a mac or pc? Just curious as I have a mac and I have add on issues from time to time with new updates..
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am

Scott-Land wrote:Cheers for the response.

I don't know how else to clarify... I have the newest version downloaded, there isn't a red blinking update link. I only have one CM version downloaded, the one from the CM thread.

Do you also have other add-ons, like BOB, or Assault Odds, or...? Sometimes problems which seem to afflict a small group or an individual come from combinations of add-ons.

Also, do you have the latest Firefox (i have 3.6.6) and Greasemonkey (I have 0.8.20100408.6)?

Postby Scott-Land on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:09 pm

lokisgal wrote:Scott do you have a mac or pc? Just curious as I have a mac and I have add on issues from time to time with new updates..

I'm running Windows 7 OS on a new pc laptop-- should've prolly spent the extra few bucks and got a mac tho'

ender516 wrote:

Do you also have other add-ons, like BOB, or Assault Odds, or...? Sometimes problems which seem to afflict a small group or an individual come from combinations of add-ons.

Also, do you have the latest Firefox (i have 3.6.6) and Greasemonkey (I have 0.8.20100408.6)?

I can't name all the add-ons I have but if it will help I could. The only CC related add-on / plug-ins I've installed are Greasemonkey, Bob, and CM.
Major Scott-Land

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Scott-Land wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Scott do you have a mac or pc? Just curious as I have a mac and I have add on issues from time to time with new updates..

I'm running Windows 7 OS on a new pc laptop-- should've prolly spent the extra few bucks and got a mac tho'

ender516 wrote:

I can't name all the add-ons I have but if it will help I could. The only CC related add-on / plug-ins I've installed are Greasemonkey, Bob, and CM.

I will presume that your Firefox and Greasemonkey are at the same rev as mine. If you have many other add-ons, well, then we are getting into uncharted territory. If you have other scripts which work through Greasemonkey, you might want to check if their "included pages" (as seen on the Manage User Scripts dialog) overlap with those which are intended to apply to CC. If they do, you may need to define excluded pages to keep the monkeys in their separate cages, so to speak. The other method of dealing with this is to disable all your add-ons and scripts, then to enable only Greasemonkey and CM to confirm that there is no problem with them. Then, one by one, reenable each tool (probably in order of importance to your cyber lifestyle) and keep checking until the problem returns, in which case you have the culprit, or it doesn't return and it was some odd combination, perhaps load-order dependent, which has gone away and (fingers crossed) will not come back.

Postby Scott-Land on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Why would this happen overnight tho' ? One day it was fine then poof... ohh well, I haven't enjoyed speed free of late anyway so I guess I'll just sit out until maybe the next update or so. Thanks for all your help.
Major Scott-Land

Return to Tool Archives