Conquer Club

GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.6.16

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.

Postby ender516 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
ender516 wrote:I think chatglove works based on the number of posts in the game chat, without examining the details. I don't see a practical way to weed out snaps.

I'm not a programmer. But I figured there's possibly away to omit anything that starts with http and then that would get rid of snaps and perhaps the odd random link.

The reason I think it is not practical is that it would require loading each new chat entry in a game and deciding whether or not to report it. This would make the script much slower than simply testing whether or not the number of chat entries has increased.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby sherkaner on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 am

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I think chatglove loads the whole pages anyway at the moment, so it can know the contents of the chat (though it does need some specific logic for that).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm not sure that I'm in favor of that. Sometimes I want to look after a teammate has snapped to berate them for the crappy dice they got...or something of the nature.

Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'm not sure that I'm in favor of that. Sometimes I want to look after a teammate has snapped to berate them for the crappy dice they got...or something of the nature.

Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.

bob preserves everything and is not generally as time sensitive as actual chat. Plus the chat glove allows for pms of anything urgent as it is. Seeing snaps is not as high of priority and you can check the bottom of the active games at any time if you're wanting to browse game progressions.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm

agentcom wrote:I think I've ruled out my main suspect. I couldn't get over the thought that my computer was just moving so slowly that I was moving off the page before CG had time to update. But recently, I've been paying attention to how many chats pop up right when I sign in to CC. I'll have zeroed them out the day before (or whenever the last log-in was) and I'm still getting a bunch popping up right when I log in. I doubt this really helps narrow the issue down.

Now my main suspect is really long games or games with lots of chat. But I'm afraid that most of my games fall into that description, so I'm not even sure that that's it.

Was there ever any updates on this? As far as I can tell, chatglove appears to be nearly random in which games it marks as having new chat. It has never failed to report when there actually is new chat, but pretty much every time I visit the site, it will indicate that about half my games have new chat. The majority of the time there is nothing new. If I step through each of the games, sometimes it will suddenly incorrectly mark games I'd just visited as again having new chat. Can you tell me where the number of chat lines are stored? Maybe I can manually check that file periodically to see if something is getting changed and try to track down what's going on.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 pm

chapcrap wrote:Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.

Maybe for you it's different, but for me that only happens when I make a new post in game chat when I have another game open in another tab. A minor annoyance at most, would be awesome if it was fixed though.

Otherwise, I have nothing but great things to say about this addon, I use it constantly!!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm not having any issues with chatglove. It is the one script I wish would be implemented into the site the most though, so I could move from computer to computer without worrying about it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm

chapcrap wrote:It is the one script I wish would be implemented into the site the most though, so I could move from computer to computer without worrying about it.

+1

It is literally the only reason I play CC strictly from my laptop. I never access the site, ever, from anywhere else, except if I know I am getting an important PM or need to respond in the forums.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Cyndo on Sat May 25, 2013 7:42 am

anyone having trouble with chat notifier not working? Started last night. Also happening to a few other people I play with. Have tried disabling and re=enabling.... Is there a conflict by any chance because of cc maintenace last week?
Corporal 1st Class Cyndo

Postby catnipdreams on Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 am

Cyndo wrote:anyone having trouble with chat notifier not working? Started last night. Also happening to a few other people I play with.

It's not working for me, and it is not working for some other players that I know. I can still detach chat, but I am not getting notifications of new chat.
Major catnipdreams

Postby macbone on Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 am

Yep, no new notifications of chat. There was apparently a site update (though I don't see any notification of it), so Chatglove must be another victim of the latest update along with Private Team Message and the Quick Reply button in the forums.
Colonel macbone

Postby ender516 on Sat May 25, 2013 6:49 pm

ender516, on Fri May 24, in another topic or two, wrote:The word from the admins is that the Conquer Club API used by many scripts has been disabled temporarily as it apparently was implicated in the problems that the site experienced this morning.

At the time of this post, the API seems to be enabled again, so I hope your problems with scripts have resolved themselves. The Quick Reply button is a feature of the phpBB forum software and therefore is a separate issue. I believe it was a form of add-on previously and may have been lost through the update process which has brought us the Quick Edit button.

Postby macbone on Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Nope, the game chat notifier still isn't working.

The Quick Reply button disappeared the same time that Private Team Message and the game chat notifier stopped working. It's been part of the forums forever, and I'm surprised that it was an add-on. I thought it was a site feature, and it was very useful to reply to our SoC students' training posts.
Colonel macbone

Postby ender516 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Funny, I thought I noticed the Quick Reply gone before the complaints about the scripts started coming in. I like Quick Reply, but as I knew forum updates were ongoing, I didn't raise a stink, thinking it would quickly be noticed and repaired. Anyway, the code supporting the forums and things like Quick Reply are, AFAIK, quite separate from anything to do with the API which would affect the scripts.

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

My chat game notifier stopped working a few days ago.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby nicarus on Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm

same here
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Postby Kondrad on Thu May 30, 2013 10:35 pm

same here, chat notifier not working. :cry:
Major Kondrad

chat sniffer

Postby Robert The Red on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:10 pm

chat sniffer not working, i hav removed and reinstalled chatglove but still no luck with getting it to go. now i dont have it i realise how good it is. Anyone techie out there that can help i will be eternally grateful.
Robert the red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
Major Robert The Red

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:10 pm

chat sniffer still not working. though i have spoken to people who have said theres started work again a few days ago. i have deleted it and reinstalled it to no avail.

I am using version 1.6.8 is this the correct version or is it more likey an older version will work. chat glove says i have the latest version installed.

I will be grateful for any help.

Robert The Red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
Major Robert The Red

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:19 pm

finally solved the problem with chat sniffer.
check the version no. on the side menu next to the Chatglove title it should read 1.6.16 mine had some other version number even though i had deleted and reinstalled, plus it also said at the bottom of the menu "Lastest Version installed", that was a lie.
So my advice is go to grease monkey in the top right hand corner of your firefox browser, from the drop down menu click manage scripts. delete chatglove. now log out properly from conquer club (dont just hit the X on the browser), now close fire fox.
you may want to reboot your computer as well, but that is not somthing i did.
reboot firefox and log in to conquer club, now you are ready to reload chatglove making sure it is version 1.6.16. happy days.

the logging out i feel is important, as i had tried all sorts of other install combos which did not work and only resulted in loss of hair.

Good Luck
Robert the red
Major Robert The Red

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:43 am

Before the API outage I had no problem. Since then I have re-installed, checked latest version and done all of that but still, if I have Chatglove installed it breaks Clickable Maps. Using Chrome and Tampermonkey.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.
How do I stop it from doing that?

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.

sempai

I am now having that same problem and not sure if it is fixable or whether there needs to be another upgrade to chatglove.
Major Robert The Red

Postby Wudf on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:34 pm

This is a great idea. Unfortunately, it is useless to me until it can disregard BOB snapshots in chat.
Sergeant 1st Class Wudf

Postby PaRKoN on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.

sempai

Same problem here, I guess I will just stop using this script.
Brigadier PaRKoN

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives