Conquer Club

GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.6.16

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am

still works decently for me
I click the game chat button, and every game it takes me to has new chat items
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:12 pm

PaRKoN wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.
How do I stop it from doing that?

sempai

Same problem here, I guess I will just stop using this script.

Lately, I've been getting the same problem.

Is this connected to any other changes of CC?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby PaRKoN on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Check your "chatsniff Interval" value in the Options menu. I had "every page load" checked and was getting the problem mentioned above. I've changed it to "5 minutes" and it is working perfectly since then.
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Success!!

Thanks, PaRKoN.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 pm

I have had a problem with the grey PM Team Mates button under the list of players on the map, I am curently playing a 9 player triples on kings court 2 and when i use the pm team mates button it brings up the wrong players as recipients for the message ie players on an opposing team rather than my own team members. anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed.
Robert The Red
ā€œTo conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.ā€
Major Robert The Red

Postby EBConquer on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:58 pm

I do believe that there's a new bug w/ this script in regards to the polymorphic games. Although I've had problems in the past w/ this script, I've never seen anything quite like this.

The game chat sniffer always tells me there's 1 unread message and it's always in that poly game. The only way to clear it is to click "Mark all chat as read". Then, soon after that it just comes back. This little buddy just won't quit. :?

Anybody else having this problem?

-------

Edit:

Yep, this script is officially broke. Both at home and at work. Game Chat reads i have 6 unread messages but when i scroll down, I only see one red "chat".

Oh well, this script was in the top 3.

I can't believe i'm the only one that's mentioning it. :(
Colonel EBConquer

Postby PaRKoN on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 am

EBConquer wrote:I do believe that there's a new bug w/ this script in regards to the polymorphic games. Although I've had problems in the past w/ this script, I've never seen anything quite like this.

The game chat sniffer always tells me there's 1 unread message and it's always in that poly game. The only way to clear it is to click "Mark all chat as read". Then, soon after that it just comes back. This little buddy just won't quit. :?

Anybody else having this problem?

-------

Edit:

Yep, this script is officially broke. Both at home and at work. Game Chat reads i have 6 unread messages but when i scroll down, I only see one red "chat".

Oh well, this script was in the top 3.

I can't believe i'm the only one that's mentioning it. :(

Check your "chatsniff Interval" value in the Options menu. I had "every page load" checked and was getting the same problem. I've changed it to "5 minutes" and it is working since then.
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby PaRKoN on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:59 am

Robert The Red wrote:I have had a problem with the grey PM Team Mates button under the list of players on the map, I am curently playing a 9 player triples on kings court 2 and when i use the pm team mates button it brings up the wrong players as recipients for the message ie players on an opposing team rather than my own team members. anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed.
Robert The Red

That is another add-on's problem. You cand find a non-official improved version of Private Message add-on here viewtopic.php?f=527&t=159621&p=4287934#p4287934. That version works fine with 8+ players.
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby Robert The Red on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 pm

PaRKoN wrote:
Robert The Red wrote:I have had a problem with the grey PM Team Mates button under the list of players on the map, I am curently playing a 9 player triples on kings court 2 and when i use the pm team mates button it brings up the wrong players as recipients for the message ie players on an opposing team rather than my own team members. anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed.
Robert The Red

That is another add-on's problem. You cand find a non-official improved version of Private Message add-on here viewtopic.php?f=527&t=159621&p=4287934#p4287934. That version works fine with 8+ players.

Hi
Thanks for that, it was very helpfull
Robert the red
ā€œTo conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.ā€
Major Robert The Red

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:15 am

ViperOverLord wrote:I think it would be very helpful if chat glove didn't alert BOB snaps in the Game Chat. I just wanna see chat. Someone taking a snap, I can just see when my turn comes up. So it's a time waste to go through games that are just snaps.

Please DON'T do this. One of the most useful features of chatglove for me is that I can take a look at every turn because I get notified simply bkz my partners took a snap even when they don't say anything.

Doc_Brown wrote:
agentcom wrote:I think I've ruled out my main suspect. I couldn't get over the thought that my computer was just moving so slowly that I was moving off the page before CG had time to update. But recently, I've been paying attention to how many chats pop up right when I sign in to CC. I'll have zeroed them out the day before (or whenever the last log-in was) and I'm still getting a bunch popping up right when I log in. I doubt this really helps narrow the issue down.

Now my main suspect is really long games or games with lots of chat. But I'm afraid that most of my games fall into that description, so I'm not even sure that that's it.

Was there ever any updates on this? As far as I can tell, chatglove appears to be nearly random in which games it marks as having new chat. It has never failed to report when there actually is new chat, but pretty much every time I visit the site, it will indicate that about half my games have new chat. The majority of the time there is nothing new. If I step through each of the games, sometimes it will suddenly incorrectly mark games I'd just visited as again having new chat. Can you tell me where the number of chat lines are stored? Maybe I can manually check that file periodically to see if something is getting changed and try to track down what's going on.

In a way, I'm glad more people are finally having this problem. Hopefully, we can figure out what's wrong. No one has ever been able to explain it.

PaRKoN wrote:Check your "chatsniff Interval" value in the Options menu. I had "every page load" checked and was getting the problem mentioned above. I've changed it to "5 minutes" and it is working perfectly since then.

I will try this. Still doesn't explain what's wrong, but we'll see if it's a good workaround.
Colonel agentcom

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:45 pm

That "5 minute" solution is a temporary fix. (At least for me) the old problems make their inevitable comeback.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:That "5 minute" solution is a temporary fix. (At least for me) the old problems make their inevitable comeback.

Yeah, I have 9 active games :shock: and had 5 "new chats" ... only 2 of them actually have new chat.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I think this might be broken with the newest update.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Foxglove on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:I think this might be broken with the newest update.

Yeah.... a fair amount. I will fix it this week.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:45 am

I still have problems on Chrome, with Tampermonkey; whenever I install Chatglove it breaks BOB and Clickies. I've tried un-installing everything, installing in different orders etc. with no luck.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TaelS on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:33 am

Me, I don't have problems with the floating game chat, but with the "new chat" warning. I stopped receiving these warnings. I can see them if I'm in the forum (and not in the "My games" page), but when I click on it, it always redirects me to the same game.
I'm using last version of Mozilla Firefox (25.0.1).
Brigadier TaelS

Postby Foxglove on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Hey guys - I updated chatglove to work again after the latest site updates.

You can get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/64532.user.js

(This is being hosted on my account again, not from dwilhelmi.)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby EBConquer on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Foxglove wrote:Hey guys - I updated chatglove to work again after the latest site updates.

You are AWESOME! Looks like it's working and thanks for your time!
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Foxglove on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:12 pm

EBConquer wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Hey guys - I updated chatglove to work again after the latest site updates.

Indeed I am. ;) You're welcome!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Foxglove, i've just installed the latest version and notice that it doesn't size up the entire menu column...it's like the size of the cells are locked to a certain width and not 100%

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Foxglove on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 pm

cairnswk wrote:Foxglove, i've just installed the latest version and notice that it doesn't size up the entire menu column...it's like the size of the cells are locked to a certain width and not 100%

Yeah - I forgot to fix that part. Oops! I will update soon and make that look like the rest of the menus. It's a leftover from the previous style of CC.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Foxglove wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Foxglove, i've just installed the latest version and notice that it doesn't size up the entire menu column...it's like the size of the cells are locked to a certain width and not 100%

Yeah - I forgot to fix that part. Oops! I will update soon and make that look like the rest of the menus. It's a leftover from the previous style of CC.

NPs. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby TaelS on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Foxglove wrote:
EBConquer wrote:

Indeed I am. ;) You're welcome!

Indeed you are! : P
Thank you very much =) Thanks to your update, it works for me now.
Brigadier TaelS

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:04 am

Still breaks my clickies. :(
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Foxglove, a suggestion. :)

i find that having your floating chat is indeed handy, however, for some reason it always seems to get stuck at the top of my screen and the top section where you grab it is always hidden under the top of screen.

Is it possible to move the option from the chatglove addon,,,,reset chatbox...to the bottom of the floating chat screen, so that it is more easily clickable to reset that position rather than having to find it after scrolling down to that level of the menu on the left.
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives