Conquer Club

Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Postby ender516 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I have been working on those same issues, but RL has kept me from completing them. I took the site medal images and trimmed them, and changed the script code to shrink them down automatically. I could have posted just that as an update, but I don't think my free fileden account could handle the traffic, so I have been planning to convert them to data URIs. With that done, I figured that the trench medal was a small amount of work. I will try to finish soon, and we can compare notes. I also have a germ of an idea for embedding the icons in a style or group of styles which could be toggled rather than embedding them repeatedly in the page. I hope that might improve performance. I also thought that the medal icons that are displayed next to a player's name on the My Games page and Game Finder pages could also be displayed on profile pages. I'm just not sure where.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

cool! i think lots of us are waiting for those important updates, thanks!
Major betiko

Postby macbone on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the great work on this, guys.
Colonel macbone

Postby agentcom on Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey all,

I'm having trouble getting map rank to run on "Closed" maps. It looks like it's calculating games, but the results generated have no games in them:

Map Rank Points Win/Loss Unique Defeats Kill Ratio Relative Rank
Totals New Recruit100 +0 0 from 0(NaN%) 0 (0) N/A N/A (0)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby ender516 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 pm

agentcom wrote:Hey all,

I'm having trouble getting map rank to run on "Closed" maps. It looks like it's calculating games, but the results generated have no games in them:

Which map(s) in particular? Were all the games tournament games?
Are you running Map Rank from the Game Finder page, or picking a map from the Map Rank dropdown on the left menu?
If you could post exactly how are running Map Rank, it could help.

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

any word on when you'll get trench added to map rank ender, i know you've been working on it.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Sniper08 wrote:any word on when you'll get trench added to map rank ender, i know you've been working on it.

With a bit of luck, sometime within a week.

Postby sherkaner on Wed May 02, 2012 3:59 pm

BluU wrote:sent you a link in PM

I just updated the code at github with BluU's changes, so trench should be an option now.

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying flashing thing again :).
1.5.4 is the version number now.

link for install: https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for ... gl.user.js
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

sherkaner wrote:

I just updated the code at github with BluU's changes, so trench should be an option now.

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying AWESOME flashing thing again :).

Fixed
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

sherkaner wrote:

And I changed the update-mechanism (it was using 2 links from chipv, which I can't change), so next time an update is released you'll get an annoying flashing thing again :).

thx :D
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agentcom on Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 pm

ender516 wrote:
agentcom wrote:Hey all,

Which map(s) in particular? Were all the games tournament games?
Are you running Map Rank from the Game Finder page, or picking a map from the Map Rank dropdown on the left menu?
If you could post exactly how are running Map Rank, it could help.

It's when I run it from game finder. The weird thing is that if I run it by selecting a closed map (e.g. St. Paddy's Day or Easter), I get no results as I posted above. But if I don't select a map and run map rank, results still show up for the maps in question. This makes me think that Map rank hasn't been taught to suppress the "(Closed)" text in the Game Finder screen. Not really that big of a deal since, I can find the same information by not selecting the map but instead scrolling down to the particular map in a general Map Rank search.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm

What agentcom is describing happens to me as well. Same situation. I tried to map rank myself on Christmas, Assassin games last week at it showed 0 games. I've played 41...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby sherkaner on Thu May 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Yep, it doesn't suppress the (Closed)-thing. Will be fixed in the next version.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

AMAZING WORK. Thanks so much! :D Now I am motivated to get golds... much easier!
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby betiko on Fri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm

for me map rank stopped working.. can only see the first page and it gets stuck... any one else has this?
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't know if you guys can see this, but if you maprank me right now for Chained Reinforcement games and check out the point chart for All Your Base games, there's something weird going on. Check out the chart for total points. It has the games out of order. Game 99 (which is my latest game) is too the left of game 97. Weird.

Not sure if this is related to the "bug" I posted about over in that forum. I don't think so, but I can't tell right now. We'll see how it shakes out after I play a couple more games with those settings.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Sniper08 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 pm

there is definetly a bug in the new code for map rank it doesnt work on some people but does on others. when i map rank myself it works fine but if i map rank tec805 it shows first as scanning a map then shows all results in white.none of the other pages work(medal ,etc)

bugged image:
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Fri May 04, 2012 6:17 pm

guys, there is a bug somewhere. try mapranking me for example. i just noticed and after talking to other players that some cannot be mapranked anymore. if anyone can do the test, with these usernames:

not working:
betiko
estebanopart
tec805

working:
sniper08

this just proves it's not from my computer and the way I installed it, but the problem is the same for a lot of users. anyone knows what it can be?
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm

betiko wrote:guys, there is a bug somewhere. try mapranking me for example. i just noticed and after talking to other players that some cannot be mapranked anymore. if anyone can do the test, with these usernames:

not working:
betiko
estebanopart
tec805

working:
sniper08

this just proves it's not from my computer and the way I installed it, but the problem is the same for a lot of users. anyone knows what it can be?

I just tried estebanopart and I'm not having this problem. Not having a problem for me either.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Sniper08 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm

agentcom wrote:
betiko wrote:guys, there is a bug somewhere. try mapranking me for example. i just noticed and after talking to other players that some cannot be mapranked anymore. if anyone can do the test, with these usernames:

not working:
betiko
estebanopart
tec805

working:
sniper08

I just tried estebanopart and I'm not having this problem. Not having a problem for me either.

its definetly bugged look at my screenshot , i just tried este and his map rank doesnt work for me
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

This is very interesting, Sniper08. I was examining the changes for the Trench Warfare medal and noticed that the word "trench" was not appearing in the combos on the medals page. I saw where I thought it should have been added, put it in, and then my personal Map Rank results went all white like in your post. I assumed that I just didn't know what I was doing, and notified sherkaner. Now that I see that the white page occurs in other situations, it looks like we will have to reexamine the whole trench warfare update and the automatic update code.

Postby ender516 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:59 pm

agentcom wrote:I don't know if you guys can see this, but if you maprank me right now for Chained Reinforcement games and check out the point chart for All Your Base games, there's something weird going on. Check out the chart for total points. It has the games out of order. Game 99 (which is my latest game) is too the left of game 97. Weird.

Not sure if this is related to the "bug" I posted about over in that forum. I don't think so, but I can't tell right now. We'll see how it shakes out after I play a couple more games with those settings.

I can see what you describe and note that it corrects itself if I adjust the sliders in any way, and screws up again if I move the sliders back to the full range.

As far as the other players, like betiko, for example, if I enter just his name from the left menu or through the Game Finder page, it goes white. If I select Trench Warfare: No on the Game Finder, the Map Rank results page looks normal.

I would re-release Map Rank 1.5.3, but I am still learning the ways of git, and midnight is not prime learning time.

Postby sherkaner on Sat May 05, 2012 3:53 am

ender516 wrote:
agentcom wrote:I don't know if you guys can see this, but if you maprank me right now for Chained Reinforcement games and check out the point chart for All Your Base games, there's something weird going on. Check out the chart for total points. It has the games out of order. Game 99 (which is my latest game) is too the left of game 97. Weird.

I can see what you describe and note that it corrects itself if I adjust the sliders in any way, and screws up again if I move the sliders back to the full range.

As far as the other players, like betiko, for example, if I enter just his name from the left menu or through the Game Finder page, it goes white. If I select Trench Warfare: No on the Game Finder, the Map Rank results page looks normal.

I would re-release Map Rank 1.5.3, but I am still learning the ways of git, and midnight is not prime learning time.

Hmm, looks like something isn't right when calculating the best maps and trench.. Updated the code to skip those cases for now.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby betiko on Sat May 05, 2012 5:48 am

a wierd thing is that in the top left it says it has scanned you on one particular map; each time a different one when in reality it scanned you everywhere.. a hint to the problem?
Major betiko

Postby cookie0117 on Sat May 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I am having the problem mentioned above, always stopping on a different named map. I can map others just not myself :cry:

Also this is only from my profile page. If I go to the game finder tab, map rank disappears....
Private cookie0117

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives