Conquer Club

Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Postby sherkaner on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:Is there a private forum somewhere that we can work through this? I can be of help here, but this whole thing has me a little boggled. I've checked out the source on github, and I think that if we could put several minds to work (instead of a contest) we could make a difference.

I'll be available if help is needed, but since the github-setup hasn't lead to any commits other than my own, I'm kinda skeptical.
But if you have any questions or have any thoughts to share, just fire away at me first or put it in a thread in the tools development subforum.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ThrushAAX on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Is the bounty competition still ongoing? I haven't worked on this since my submission... and I don't really want to do more work on something that someone else may be doing at the same time... ;)
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ender516 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 pm

sherkaner wrote:
TheGeneral2112 wrote:Is there a private forum somewhere that we can work through this? I can be of help here, but this whole thing has me a little boggled. I've checked out the source on github, and I think that if we could put several minds to work (instead of a contest) we could make a difference.

I'll be available if help is needed, but since the github-setup hasn't lead to any commits other than my own, I'm kinda skeptical.
But if you have any questions or have any thoughts to share, just fire away at me first or put it in a thread in the tools development subforum.

I am still trying to install git, so don't give up hope yet.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Leehar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 am

Do we have a stop-gap yet to move on from the old one even if a lot of new features aren't in yet?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ISN2 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Leehar wrote:Do we have a stop-gap yet to move on from the old one even if a lot of new features aren't in yet?

From me, nothing yet, I could not even start working on it after tweaking the code ...
Major ISN2

Postby sherkaner on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:08 am

ISN2 wrote:
Leehar wrote:Do we have a stop-gap yet to move on from the old one even if a lot of new features aren't in yet?

From me, nothing yet, I could not even start working on it after tweaking the code ...

Yeah, it is a bit daunting when you inspect the code. I've asked Dako to give a status update or something like it, but that hasn't happened yet.

I actually think I'll try a complete rewrite, since I have some spare time coming up.
Most important features as I see it:
- Overview of scores per map
- Indication of how close people are to specific medal(s).

What I want to change/remove:
- No popup any more, but an overlay or something like it (Probably the most controversial, some people won't like this).
- No graphs (at least at first)
- No ratings / display icons options
- Chrome support
- No fetching data twice when still on the same page.
- Easier data model, essentially what you get back from the API (and filling other structures with it as needed).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am

I support you sherk!! =D>
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I know nothing about code, so I will be of no help on this. I just wanted to drop by and mention my support for updating Map Rank.

I have a wishlist and just want to get my voice out there. I'm sure many people have mentioned these same things, but here is what I would love to see Map Rank do.

1. Be able to Map Rank by Game Type (i.e. doubles, trips, assassin, etc.)
2. Be able to calculate Random medal numbers
3. Not close just because you navigate away from the page on which you opened Map Rank

Glad to hear that someone is at least working on it though. Good luck to all those that are undertaking this task.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ender516 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 pm

agentcom wrote:I know nothing about code, so I will be of no help on this. I just wanted to drop by and mention my support for updating Map Rank.

I have a wishlist and just want to get my voice out there. I'm sure many people have mentioned these same things, but here is what I would love to see Map Rank do.

1. Be able to Map Rank by Game Type (i.e. doubles, trips, assassin, etc.)
2. Be able to calculate Random medal numbers
3. Not close just because you navigate away from the page on which you opened Map Rank

Glad to hear that someone is at least working on it though. Good luck to all those that are undertaking this task.

Regarding your wishlist:
  1. I thought Map Rank by Game Type was available by going through the Game Finder page, but a quick test on myself shows it only restricting the statistics based on the map, and possibly the players. Did this work before and get broken somehow?
  2. Calculations for Random medals were key to this competition. I wish I had had more time to crack this.
  3. I agree. I wish I knew a quick fix for this.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby sherkaner on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Hmm, now I have to reply. 1st broke because of a site-change in the last version chipv did, fixed in the newer version. 2nd was introduced in that version, 3rd is not possible.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Leehar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Would 3rd be fixable if it wasn't a pop-up? Either opened on same page, or a new tab?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm fine with the third option not being available. If you have the ability and now how to want to navigate away while you have the Map Rank pop up open, then you should be able to open a new tab. Not very difficult. Work on Map Rank should be saved for things that are more important.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ISN2 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'm fine with the third option not being available. If you have the ability and now how to want to navigate away while you have the Map Rank pop up open, then you should be able to open a new tab. Not very difficult. Work on Map Rank should be saved for things that are more important.

Since the contents of the Map Rank are on the fly, there is no way to have it in a new tab, the only possible options are still a such pop up or an overlay in current tab (something like when you click on a map's image), anything else would need a server side content provider and can't be done on the fly ...
Major ISN2

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm

ISN2 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I'm fine with the third option not being available. If you have the ability and now how to want to navigate away while you have the Map Rank pop up open, then you should be able to open a new tab. Not very difficult. Work on Map Rank should be saved for things that are more important.

Since the contents of the Map Rank are on the fly, there is no way to have it in a new tab, the only possible options are still a such pop up or an overlay in current tab (something like when you click on a map's image), anything else would need a server side content provider and can't be done on the fly ...

I wasn't advocating putting it in a new tab. I'm advocating keeping it the same in that regards.
Last edited by chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ISN2 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ISN2 wrote:

I was advocating putting it in a new tab. I'm advocating keeping it the same in that regards.

Oh sorry, I just did read from the wrong way, my bad :oops:
Major ISN2

Postby Dako on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 am

Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition has ended!

After a long wait, at last, the Tech Team is closing this bounty. Unfortunately we didn't find a new maintainer for this tool but we have a clear winner of the bounty.

Please congratulate ThrushAAX! =D> =D> =D>

New code is now hosted here. I have also updated the threads with this link so people can install this latest version that supports Clan and Training medals, and long awaited Random medals!

Thank you everyone!
Colonel Dako

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 am

Dako wrote:Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition has ended!

After a long wait, at last, the Tech Team is closing this bounty. Unfortunately we didn't find a new maintainer for this tool but we have a clear winner of the bounty.

Please congratulate ThrushAAX! =D> =D> =D>

New code is now hosted here. I have also updated the threads with this link so people can install this latest version that supports Clan and Training medals, and long awaited Random medals!

Thank you everyone!

Congratulations ThrushAAX!

=D> =D>

This is one of the most-used tools on CC, so it is damn good news that it has been fixed!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm

At long last, very nice Thrush! =D>
Captain Gilligan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Sweet! :D

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby perchorin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

This is great news, thanks Thrush. I have a question though--why am I able to download this script for chrome but it doesn't actually work? I mean, I get the box in the sidebar and everything but if you try to maprank someone you just get an empty field pop-up.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 pm

perchorin wrote:This is great news, thanks Thrush. I have a question though--why am I able to download this script for chrome but it doesn't actually work? I mean, I get the box in the sidebar and everything but if you try to maprank someone you just get an empty field pop-up.

+1, I eventually just downloaded it on Firefox.
Captain Gilligan

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Dako wrote:Unfortunately we didn't find a new maintainer for this tool

what is required to maintain it ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 am

love it but is there any chance of the medal icons being added?
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:20 am

greenoaks wrote:

Somebody who will continuously support it. The only req is to know JavaScript.

EagleofGreenErth wrote:love it but is there any chance of the medal icons being added?

I shall see what can be done here.
Colonel Dako

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:43 am

Dako wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Somebody who will continuously support it. The only req is to know JavaScript.
so we can't just have a bounty when the site adds some new features ?
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives