Conquer Club

iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby ScavengerType on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Also don't forget to check the responce on safari browser. The browser interface is basicly what is used to process that and if it's a bug in that you might have to get apple to look at it.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby Baby-Bjorn on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:01 am

Ballslap wrote:Hey guys,

I have recently started building an iPhone/iPod app for CC. Version 1 can be downloaded from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conquer- ... 37999?mt=8 . This is a simple app that saves your login details, auto-logs you in and displays your current games which can then be accessed in-app.

I have plans to enhance the game playing experience for version 2. A few features I have been thinking about adding to the game play:

Adding a 'big red button' to initiate an assault instead of having to click those small boxes.
Adding an overlay view which will display details of selected territories, amount of troops to reinforce/assault, etc.
Adding a pull down menu which will display a list of player stats that can be retractable to display more of the game view.

I'll need to do something with the map but I think this is going to be my biggest problem. Considering most of the maps are quite large (and all different sizes!) I think zooming is still going to be a necessity on a small handheld device. Although I would like to make it so you're not constantly zooming all over the map all of the time. Any suggestions?

Let me know what you think of the app and if you have any suggestions as to what can go into future versions. Hopefully I will have access to the info required to add all the features we need to make this a quality app!

If you can let others know, and spread the word around about it (and rate it on the app store!) we can get more ideas and feedback rolling which would be great for the app.

Cheers
Captain Baby-Bjorn

Postby Baby-Bjorn on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 am

I am iPad n00b. I tried the link in the first post on page 1 but it doesn't seem to work. I could not find this tool in app store either . I searched app store for CC tool. Could use an assist here :D

Thx
Captain Baby-Bjorn

Postby SaviorShot on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 am

It's called conquer club mobile command
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby Baby-Bjorn on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 am

:lol: Ah! The lightbulb over this n00b's head glows brightly!

My wife downloaded and installed that when she was helping me set up my IPad!

Great app! Now you need add support for grease monkey scripts and I might never visit my pc again! Lol

[YouTube][/YouTube]
SaviorShot wrote:It's called conquer club mobile command
Captain Baby-Bjorn

Postby Baby-Bjorn on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I love the app! Is there a way to get it to remember my login info? I am using safari on an iPad 4. Thanks

BB
Captain Baby-Bjorn

Postby squishyg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 am

Conquer 4 had animated graphics?!? I've played that on many different devices and I've never seen graphics.

I feel strange and disoriented.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby squishyg on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 pm

When I click on the expanded emoticons when composing posts, the window comes up and I can select my smiley, but I can't close the window. When I use the app navigation to go back the emoticon isn't there.

Just me or are other people experiencing this?
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby squishyg on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Excited that the next update will bring notifications! The current update definitely improves the UI. A warning in the update description that the app would now would be ad-supported would have been appreciated. I believe that's customary (I know Skype and others have done it when making the switch).

A great app, thanks again for all your hard work! I use it every day!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby BGtheBrain on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby deantursx on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 am

BGtheBrain wrote:Nice update.
I'd be willing to pay to go ad free

+1

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

deantursx wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Nice update.
I'd be willing to pay to go ad free

+1

Here, here.

Also, there is an issue with usernames that have spaces in them. The games aren't showing up as active for them because in the game interface, it is removing the spaces in the names I think. I had to sit for someone over the weekend and noticed that issue.

Also, I would probably move the game invitiations up to the game section of the menu instead of the features section.

One more, in the game section is says Conquer Club instead of Conquer Cup. I might move that to features myself, but either way, it's a typo.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby squishyg on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Did the back button go away? I don't seem to have it anymore.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 am

squishyg wrote:Did the back button go away? I don't seem to have it anymore.

I still have the back button on everything. Just checked it out...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby squishyg on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm

chapcrap wrote:
squishyg wrote:Did the back button go away? I don't seem to have it anymore.

I still have the back button on everything. Just checked it out...

If I use the app menu on the left hand side of the screen to access the forum, the back button disappears. I then have to go back to My Games through the APP menu, enter a game, and then click on the CC top screen menu for forum to regain the app back button. Literally, that is the only combination that will achieve this for me.

But... I only get the IMAGE of the back button. The only thing that's actually clickable is the refresh button. I use an iPod Touch, 4th gen. IOS is up to date.

I think I may have a dibbuk.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:11 pm

I think that when you access the left menu, it erases the cache for the back button. Maybe that's why it isn't clickable after using the menu.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 am

I got the updated version and I am now back to the original dilemma where all my games appear under the waiting tab and none of the games show up in the ready to play section. I've logged in and out a couple of times but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. Anybody else having this problem?
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby EBConquer on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Mine is working pretty good and thanks again balsap.

i've been very happy w/ this app for awhile. updated yesterday and wow... holy huge ad now! kinda of a bummer as it's taking a lot of screen space and extremely distracting.

I've since restored back to version 1.13 that works solid for my needs plus it doesn't have the large ads on every page.

needless to say, I too am willing to pay for this app without the ads. great app though, really nice to not have to log-in every time.

kudos balslap and let us know when an ad-free version option comes out.

EB
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Ballslap on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Did the back button go away? I don't seem to have it anymore.

Squishy, it sounds like what chapcrap is correct. Every time you go into the forum tab the cache is cleared. I did this for memory management reasons but for the forum I guess it makes sense to cache the browsing history. I'll have a think about it and more than likely change it in the next version.

updated yesterday and wow... holy huge ad now!

EBConquer, I presume you are using the iPad version? Yes the ad is very big, unfortunately that's the size the ad frame comes in for iPad. For the amount of time I was putting into the app I couldn't justify doing it for free any longer. A number of people have said they would be happier to pay to remove the ads so I will look into adding an in-app purchase that will remove the ads in the current app. I thought in general ads would be preferable to paying for the app but it doesn't seem to be the case, presumably more with iPad users than iPhone/iPod.

I got the updated version and I am now back to the original dilemma where all my games appear under the waiting tab and none of the games show up in the ready to play section.

I'll look into this and have it fixed in the next version. Thanks for letting me know.

Again thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming! I'll try get an update released with these changes over the next few weeks.

Cheers
Captain Ballslap

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:07 am

chapcrap wrote:Also, there is an issue with usernames that have spaces in them. The games aren't showing up as active for them because in the game interface, it is removing the spaces in the names I think. I had to sit for someone over the weekend and noticed that issue.

Also, I would probably move the game invitiations up to the game section of the menu instead of the features section.

One more, in the game section is says Conquer Club instead of Conquer Cup. I might move that to features myself, but either way, it's a typo.

Just quoting this because you didn't mention it and there are a few things there...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ScavengerType on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

*Edit: also any way u could move the add to the bottom where it would be less physicly disruptive? And get spell check turned on.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey, I think I might have realized what squishyg was talking about with the back button not working.

Whenever you go from a game into the forums, the buttons are there, but the back button is never functional. In order for it to work, you have to open the forums from the left menu instead of going through the games.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Ballslap on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

ScavengerType wrote:Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

*Edit: also any way u could move the add to the bottom where it would be less physicly disruptive? And get spell check turned on.

If you want to spend days/weeks building an iPhone app without getting any return while also working a full time job be my guest. Don't tell me what I damn well should do or should not do. There's a tiny ad on the screen that is hardly impeding your ability to use the app that I spend countless hours building so you can access cc and your games better. Mate, grow up or stop using my app.
Captain Ballslap

Postby QoH on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 am

Ballslap wrote:
ScavengerType wrote:Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

If you want to spend days/weeks building an iPhone app without getting any return while also working a full time job be my guest. Don't tell me what I damn well should do or should not do. There's a tiny ad on the screen that is hardly impeding your ability to use the app that I spend countless hours building so you can access cc and your games better. Mate, grow up or stop using my app.

I, as well as many others, though, would happily pay $0.99 or $1.99 for ad free.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

QoH wrote:
Ballslap wrote:

I, as well as many others, though, would happily pay $0.99 or $1.99 for ad free.

He might be making more money off of the ads than off of us...

Either way, I would pay for the cause, but the ad isn't that bad. Much better than a lot of games' ads.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives