Conquer Club

latest firefox update 7/31/14: the fix

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: latest firefox update 7/31/14: the fix

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

DaveS_WI wrote:
stringybeany wrote:install the latest firefox.
install the latest greasemonkey & clickies
fire BOB.
turn on settings:Panel Interface

It works fine, and is structurally better.

Running a MAC OS 10.9.4
Firefox 31.1
Bob 5.3.0

Not working, if Monkey is on I can't play.

Yeah, the greasemonkey add-ons for CC will not work with FF 31.
See http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=206866

You basically have two choices: roll back to FF 30, or turn off the greasemonkey and go with Panels.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby stringybeany on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:08 pm

My only complaint is that map inspect dialogs are allowed to intrude into the play field. In one minute games if you have to move the map so you can hover to attack, you have LOST.
Captain stringybeany

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:59 pm

stringybeany wrote:My only complaint is that map inspect dialogs are allowed to intrude into the play field. In one minute games if you have to move the map so you can hover to attack, you have LOST.

You can turn off map inspect in the settings on left menu

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:24 pm

IcePack wrote:
stringybeany wrote:My only complaint is that map inspect dialogs are allowed to intrude into the play field. In one minute games if you have to move the map so you can hover to attack, you have LOST.

You can turn off map inspect in the settings on left menu

I don't think he wants to turn it off. I think he would like it to move to a part of the screen that isn't being used. This annoys me too. Map inspect is a wonderful tool, but it shouldn't cover the tert it's inspecting.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby MGSteve on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Yes. Although I've lost some of my distaste for the panels since I lost BOB, that flashing map inspect box popping up is something that's really annoying.
Captain MGSteve

Postby Magiw on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:53 pm

For those missing bob, it seems like chrome is the best solution at this point since it doesn't require a back version.
Sergeant Magiw

Postby glide on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 am

I am now getting info flashes telling me that Firefox 32.0 is now available for upgrade......can anyone confirm that the BoB stuff will work with it? I dropped 31, and all is working fine, although the annoying update flashes persist......please, somebody tell me that 32 fixed the problem...lol
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Corporal glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby dgz345 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:50 am

i had some problems when i tried BoB on 32
and i could not find what was wrong
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby daniely on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 am

This is all very frustrating. I also refuse to continue using an outdated browser just to accommodate this site while making my browsing vulnerable on every single other site on the internet. Also these instructions / fixes are unclear. 'Fire bob'? Turn on panels? Where is the panels option? In Greasemonkey, bob, or firefox? Not everyone on this site is some tech-savy 19 year old who has all the time in the world to figure this nonsense out. I even installed the scripts and tampermonkey for Chrome (contrary to other posts there is no greasemonkey for chrome) and Bob doesn't work there either.

And while I am complaining I will also say that dgz345's avatar practically gave me a seizure and is the most annoying thing yet about this whole problem.
Sergeant 1st Class daniely

Postby Predatorius on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Looks like everything is completely broken on all browsers now.

Although that's more or less expected with third party tools; always playing catch-up to the design of the site AND the browser.

I think I'll go back to an old Firefox version, and use it ONLY for Conquerclub so security is less of an issue. Then all other browsing happens in the current Chrome.
Major Predatorius

Postby dgz345 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:53 pm

daniely wrote:This is all very frustrating. I also refuse to continue using an outdated browser just to accommodate this site while making my browsing vulnerable on every single other site on the internet. Also these instructions / fixes are unclear. 'Fire bob'? Turn on panels? Where is the panels option? In Greasemonkey, bob, or firefox? Not everyone on this site is some tech-savy 19 year old who has all the time in the world to figure this nonsense out. I even installed the scripts and tampermonkey for Chrome (contrary to other posts there is no greasemonkey for chrome) and Bob doesn't work there either.

And while I am complaining I will also say that dgz345's avatar practically gave me a seizure and is the most annoying thing yet about this whole problem.

sorry for being a 19 year old tech-savy... if you dont like my avatar you can disable avatars by clicking HERE
ive preselected it as no so you just have to press Submit.

Panel interface settings are here on CC settings along with other settings http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=settings
and here is a guide written by a user how to use it viewtopic.php?f=57&t=200172
and you probably read some old topic (2009) about chrome and greasemonkey. and you dont really need tampermonkey to run scripts in chrome as you can install scripts directly to chrome.

go and ask the developers of Firefox why they changed something that destroyed bob for you.

/19 year old :ugeek:
Lieutenant dgz345

Previous

Return to Tool Archives