Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 3.21

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: greasmonkey

Postby hecter on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:33 pm

Yahoo oo wrote:greasmonkey sucks get a mac and use safari

1. Safari sucks
2. You can get Safari on windows
3. You can use greasemonkey on macs
4. Get Firefox, it's one of the best browsers out there (along with Opera)
5. I have a mac, so I know what I'm talking about. I also do basic programming and will be (soon) getting a college credit in digital fundamentals for the best school in Ontario. Considering I'm in grade 11, that's a bit of a feat now, isn't it?
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 pm

hecter wrote:The advancing was working fine in the beginning, but since then, every time I try it it does that. I don't do it often anymore because it's unreliable. And yes, I am using Firefox, but, I'm also using a Mac. I don't know if/how that would change things, but, well...

when you say 'working fine in the beginning,' do you mean when you were using the BETA version (0.1)? this is important because in version 0.1, there was no advance feature , you just had to click the advance button as usual. if that's the case, then maybe the method the script uses to access the army drop-down doesn't work on macs for some reason... the only problem is that i don't have a mac to troubleshoot on...

another possibility is that maybe firefox on mac has some security settings that are somehow preventing the script from accessing certain objects on the page. try tweaking your security options (i would be more specific but i don't know what options are available on macs)

hope that helps
Sergeant 1st Class edthemaster

Postby hecter on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:15 pm

It seems to be an off and on thing... I'll see if I can re-create it, and tell you about it.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby hecter on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:42 pm

Alright, from what I was able to gather, if you attack by physically clicking the button (I only used the autoattack button, but w/e...) and then try to advance no armies by clicking on the territory you attacked from, it will still advance all those armies. It will work if I attack by using the shift-click to auto-attack and then click on the territ I attacked from, however. Does that make sense?
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:24 pm

hecter wrote:Alright, from what I was able to gather, if you attack by physically clicking the button (I only used the autoattack button, but w/e...) and then try to advance no armies by clicking on the territory you attacked from, it will still advance all those armies. It will work if I attack by using the shift-click to auto-attack and then click on the territ I attacked from, however. Does that make sense?

so what you're tellin me is that if you don't use the script (i.e. you click the [auto]attack button instead of the map), then you have problems, but if you click the map to attack/auto-attack, then everything works?

if so, why don't you just click the map to attack/auto-attack?

either way, it should still work if you click the button, so i'll look into it

Postby hecter on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:52 pm

edthemaster wrote:
hecter wrote:Alright, from what I was able to gather, if you attack by physically clicking the button (I only used the autoattack button, but w/e...) and then try to advance no armies by clicking on the territory you attacked from, it will still advance all those armies. It will work if I attack by using the shift-click to auto-attack and then click on the territ I attacked from, however. Does that make sense?

so what you're tellin me is that if you don't use the script (i.e. you click the [auto]attack button instead of the map), then you have problems, but if you click the map to attack/auto-attack, then everything works?

if so, why don't you just click the map to attack/auto-attack?

either way, it should still work if you click the button, so i'll look into it

That's what I was able to gather. I recommend somebody else test it out as well.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby arizona on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:50 am

Hi Ed.

This code is fantastic. Best thing since bob, even just for the floating action menu. I'm actually finding I rarely click now that I have the menu just right where I need it.

A quick suggestion. How about making the hot keys optional. Obviously you need a way to choose how many armies to advance or how many to fortify, but I've accidentally pushed the "e" key a few times. Would love to be able to turn that off...
Lieutenant arizona

Postby arizona on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:11 am

ok. now it's just cost me a game...
Lieutenant arizona

Postby Ishiro on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:33 pm

I agree... the add-on is called "Clickable Maps" not "Clicks and Hotkeys for Maps".

I love the script, but I have modified mine to remove the "e" hotkey. It would be nice if this was an option.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby edthemaster on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:48 am

Ishiro wrote:I agree... the add-on is called "Clickable Maps" not "Clicks and Hotkeys for Maps".

I love the script, but I have modified mine to remove the "e" hotkey. It would be nice if this was an option.

noted. i'll make it an option in the next version

Postby hecter on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 am

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble with your "Smart clicks". I'll have a friendly territory selected, and I'll click on another friendly territory to attack from, and it gives me an error message.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:39 am

hecter wrote:Also, I'm having a bit of trouble with your "Smart clicks". I'll have a friendly territory selected, and I'll click on another friendly territory to attack from, and it gives me an error message.

this one i have seen. i will have this fixed in the next version also

Postby hecter on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 pm

When is the next version coming out, and perhaps a jump to the next game hotkey?
Code: Select all
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?page=next
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Scott-Land on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:46 pm

I've used it once in a speed game......... only problem it ended turn after I made the first attack. Did it 3 times before I realized to uninstall it. Is it because I turned off all confirms?
Major Scott-Land

Postby Herakilla on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Scott-Land wrote:I've used it once in a speed game......... only problem it ended turn after I made the first attack. Did it 3 times before I realized to uninstall it. Is it because I turned off all confirms?

whenever you click e even to chat it ends the phase
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Scott-Land on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 pm

Herakilla wrote:
Scott-Land wrote:I've used it once in a speed game......... only problem it ended turn after I made the first attack. Did it 3 times before I realized to uninstall it. Is it because I turned off all confirms?

whenever you click e even to chat it ends the phase

Come to think of it-- it was probably chat that did it.......you're right.
Major Scott-Land

Postby edthemaster on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 pm

yeah, i'm sorry about this bug guys... i was planning on fixing this in the next major update (which may take a little while), but maybe i should fix it in a minor update asap...

Postby Taff on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 pm

I've just used it for the first time and had the same problem. Trying to communicate in chat with a team mate as to where to fortify and suddenly the turn was over when I scrolled back up the page to do my fortifications. :evil: :evil: :evil: Uninstalled it straight away.

On the positive side when the bugs are fixed it looks like being a great piece of script. So well done and keep working on it to get it working properly and I think a lot of people will use it.
http://www.legion-of-the-damned.com/

I'm the lightning that strikes just before you hear the thunder. AAAWHOO! I can't stop killing you!

Lieutenant Taff

Location: On the edge of oblivion staring into the abyss!!! And Legion of the Damned.

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm

Taff wrote:I've just used it for the first time and had the same problem. Trying to communicate in chat with a team mate as to where to fortify and suddenly the turn was over when I scrolled back up the page to do my fortifications. :evil: :evil: :evil: Uninstalled it straight away.

On the positive side when the bugs are fixed it looks like being a great piece of script. So well done and keep working on it to get it working properly and I think a lot of people will use it.

ya lol, i love this but until the chat gets fixed ill have to let it uninstalled
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Ishiro on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Until a release is made, if you go into Greasemonkey and choose to edit the script, find the line:
function onKeyPress(e) {

Then comment out the following lines (put two backslashes at the start of each line, "//", no quotes):
   if ( e.which == 101) { // e (end phase)
      updateAction('')
      if ( doAction == 'Attack' ) {
         unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Attacks")
      }
      if ( doAction == 'Fortify' ) {
         debug('unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Fortification")')
         unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Fortification")
      }
      return
   }

The first uncommented line will be:
   selectQuantity = document.getElementById('quantity')
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby edthemaster on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Ishiro wrote:Until a release is made, if you go into Greasemonkey and choose to edit the script, find the line:
function onKeyPress(e) {

Then comment out the following lines (put two backslashes at the start of each line, "//", no quotes):
   if ( e.which == 101) { // e (end phase)
      updateAction('')
      if ( doAction == 'Attack' ) {
         unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Attacks")
      }
      if ( doAction == 'Fortify' ) {
         debug('unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Fortification")')
         unsafeWindow.sendRequest("End Fortification")
      }
      return
   }

The first uncommented line will be:
   selectQuantity = document.getElementById('quantity')

thanks ishiro. another workaround is to turn on the 'comfirm phase end' option of bob.

i'll have that update as soon as i get time to work on it--which should be soon because i'll finally have a break from classes for the holidays.

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:11 pm

sounds great! next to bob your script is the most useful
Lieutenant Herakilla

Official Substitute For "e"

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:41 pm

With clickable maps, if you type an e in the game chat it ends the phase. We need to make an official sub for it.

Suggestions?
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:44 pm

This isn't really a suggestion...it deals more with the plugins. I'm going to merge it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Coleman on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:53 pm

If this is going to be updated (I get the feeling 1.0 is all we'll ever see) I would like it if you would make e ending turns a Y or N option so we can type in the chat without worry while your mod is on.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives