Conquer Club

Clickable Maps :: Version 3.21

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby edthemaster on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Night Strike wrote:As it is now, a player can't type in the chat box while the turn is still active because it thinks that typing an "e" there is ending your attack/fortification. I have confirmations on, but that didn't stop it for some reason. Maybe see if the chat box can be separated.

great observation. i will fix this in the next version
Sergeant 1st Class edthemaster

Postby edthemaster on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Herakilla wrote:ok heres exactly what happens.

i deploy using the click. ive scrolled upwards so i cant actually see the deploy buttons or army number to deploy. it doesnt jump. when i attack i use the click (i auto attack almost all the time so shift+click lol) it doesnt jump when i take the territory i attacked. when i click the territory to advance, no matter how many armies i advanced (0 or whatever) it will jump down to the advance button. and this happens when i fortify as well

killa, thanks for clearly stating exactly what the problem is, and i understand exactly what you are saying. but i'm still not sure what to do about this because i can't seem to recreate the problem! so i ask again, does anyone else have this problem? if not, i have to assume that the problem is somewhere on your end...

which greasemonkey scripts are you running? have you tried uninstalling them all and reinstalling the latest versions of them?

Postby Herakilla on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm

i did it with bob, and without bob and those are the only ones i have and it happens both ways

just lemme ask did you do it with a large map? make sure you cant see the advance button when you advance
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby edthemaster on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 am

Herakilla wrote:i did it with bob, and without bob and those are the only ones i have and it happens both ways

just lemme ask did you do it with a large map? make sure you cant see the advance button when you advance

ok. i finally see what you are talking about. sorry for my confusion. if you set the action menu to 'floating' then this won't happen. i didn't see it before because i always had the action menu set to 'floating'. this is the whole reason i created the option to have a floating action menu.

so what you're saying is that you don't like where the action menu floats, and you want to be able to move it around the screen and have it float wherever you move it to?

or are you saying that you don't want it to float at all, and you just want to be able to reposition it?

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm

i tried it out with Opera, (dont have any turns yet) but im getting an extra box on the left with options...i guess thats supposed to happen.

Since im using Opera, a had to edit some of the code that didnt work, but i cant get around "GM_xmlhttpRequest" Is this needed? or will it be fine without it?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby edthemaster on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:i tried it out with Opera, (dont have any turns yet) but im getting an extra box on the left with options...i guess thats supposed to happen.

Since im using Opera, a had to edit some of the code that didnt work, but i cant get around "GM_xmlhttpRequest" Is this needed? or will it be fine without it?

first of all, i strongly suggest you use firefox if at possible.

to answer your question, yes, you need xmlhttprequest because that is how the script obtains the xml for the map, which is needed to determine the coordinates of the territories.

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:03 pm

edthemaster wrote:
Kaplowitz wrote:i tried it out with Opera, (dont have any turns yet) but im getting an extra box on the left with options...i guess thats supposed to happen.

first of all, i strongly suggest you use firefox if at possible.

to answer your question, yes, you need xmlhttprequest because that is how the script obtains the xml for the map, which is needed to determine the coordinates of the territories.

ok, FF it is :cry:

Postby yeti_c on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:13 pm

Hmmm - I suspect that function is the most important function of the script!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:35 pm

yeti_c wrote:

Hmmm - I suspect that function is the most important function of the script!!

C.

I was wondering why it didnt work :lol:

Postby hulmey on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:42 pm

well, let me see what all the fuss is about :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:55 pm

how Do you atuo-attack

Postby edthemaster on Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:how Do you atuo-attack

SHIFT+click (in version 1.0. the next version will use right-click :wink: ). if you turn on the 'show help bar' option, instructions for each phase (deploy, attack, etc.) will appear right above the map.

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 636#923636
I thought I should bring this to your attention...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:07 pm

hecter wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=923636#923636

thanks, hecter, but i'm not sure that has anything to do with clickable maps??? did this appear in the game log only, or was the player actually awarded 32,767 armies?

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm

edthemaster wrote:

thanks, hecter, but i'm not sure that has anything to do with clickable maps??? did this appear in the game log only, or was the player actually awarded 32,767 armies?

As far as I know, I was awarded those armies, but all I was getting was a blank screen. I had originally thought that it was a problem with the clickable maps (I clicked on a territory to deploy, the floating thing was on, the army select was blank) which is why I posted it here. When my turn ended, I could see the game log and find out that it was probably a different problem. Nonetheless, I figured you should see it since your somewhat experimental script was active at the time.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:24 pm

hecter wrote:
edthemaster wrote:

As far as I know, I was awarded those armies, but all I was getting was a blank screen. I had originally thought that it was a problem with the clickable maps (I clicked on a territory to deploy, the floating thing was on, the army select was blank) which is why I posted it here. When my turn ended, I could see the game log and find out that it was probably a different problem. Nonetheless, I figured you should see it since your somewhat experimental script was active at the time.

i see. thanks for letting me know. it could be clickable maps, but since the script only affects how and how many armies are deployed--not awarded--my guess is that it was caused by some other bug (but, of course, anything is possible).

one last question: are you using the latest version (1.0)?

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Yes I am, and I was when I played that game as well.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 pm

i just posted a minor update (version 1.0.1) to include an 'id' property on the menu so other monkeys can access it more easily. version 1.0.1 will behave exactly as 1.0 does.

Postby Twill on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm

@ the hecter bug - I doubt clickable maps could have caused the awarding problem, but it might have something to do with the blank screen...unless you've managed to hack the servers with greasemonkey (and if you can train the monkey to do that, you'd make millions because you must be damn smart)

@ the hera bug - I've actually had that problem as well, I think it was on the madness map, but it definitely drove me buggy. I don't know how to re-create it (only in one game right now). I don't like floating boxes unless I can move them because they just kinda get in the way sometimes.

@ my suggestions: I'd like to be able to turn off the scroll wheel for selecting armies because I use it to scroll (I have a small screen) and it's annoying to wonder why the armies deploy the wrong numbers because I usually cant see what I'm doing :)

This is a GREAT script.
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby edthemaster on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Twill wrote:@ my suggestions: I'd like to be able to turn off the scroll wheel for selecting armies because I use it to scroll (I have a small screen) and it's annoying to wonder why the armies deploy the wrong numbers because I usually cant see what I'm doing :)

This is a GREAT script.

thx twill. there is an option to disable the mouse wheel...is it not working?

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:41 pm

I've been having some advancing problems. When I click the territory I advance from, it advances all my armies anyway. I also have some issues with the set focus, in that it doesn't always focus on my army counter, making any scroll wheeling/arrow keying pointless.

@ Twill: No, I thought of that and tried (several times) to re-enter the game with greasemonkey disabled and still got the blank screen :(
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby edthemaster on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:21 am

hecter wrote:I've been having some advancing problems. When I click the territory I advance from, it advances all my armies anyway. I also have some issues with the set focus, in that it doesn't always focus on my army counter, making any scroll wheeling/arrow keying pointless.

hmmm. i haven't seen the advancing problem you're talking about--even in my early testing...how often does this happen?

about the focus problem, the script doesn't actually set focus to the army counter, it just captures mouse wheel/keyboard input then updates the army counter accordingly. if the mouse wheel, number or arrow keys aren't working, it is because the script isn't able to access the army counter itself for some reason.

again, i personally haven't seen either of these problems...has anyone else?

are you using firefox?

Postby wacicha on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:17 pm

edthemaster wrote:
hecter wrote:I've been having some advancing problems. When I click the territory I advance from, it advances all my armies anyway. I also have some issues with the set focus, in that it doesn't always focus on my army counter, making any scroll wheeling/arrow keying pointless.

hmmm. i haven't seen the advancing problem you're talking about--even in my early testing...how often does this happen?

about the focus problem, the script doesn't actually set focus to the army counter, it just captures mouse wheel/keyboard input then updates the army counter accordingly. if the mouse wheel, number or arrow keys aren't working, it is because the script isn't able to access the army counter itself for some reason.

are you using firefox?

I do get the map showing with no men showing on screen and I use firefox. I must then exit in middle of turn and log back in. sometimes a few times to see men.
Major wacicha

Postby hecter on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:29 pm

edthemaster wrote:

are you using firefox?

The advancing was working fine in the beginning, but since then, every time I try it it does that. I don't do it often anymore because it's unreliable. And yes, I am using Firefox, but, I'm also using a Mac. I don't know if/how that would change things, but, well...
Private 1st Class hecter

greasmonkey

Postby Yahoo oo on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:06 pm

greasmonkey sucks get a mac and use safari
Private 1st Class Yahoo oo

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives