Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:58 am

VERSION : 2.20

FIXED :
Relinked images on cards.gif
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Stoney229 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:13 am

yeti_c wrote:
lackattack wrote:So that's why I saw hits on the old cards.gif url after I moved the file :!:

GAH!!!

Curious as to why I didn't see it despite a CTRL F5... my cache must be holding onto a copy!!!

I'll upload a fixed version...

Cheers Ishiro.

C.

CTRL-F5 has never worked for me. Sometimes I just have to use a different computer to see something if I don't want to clear my cache.
Score: 1739
Games: 88 Completed, 52 (59%) Won
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby arizona on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 am

should having two tabs open running different games with Ajax Bob on cause any problems? It certainly seems a lot less responsive...
Lieutenant arizona

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am

arizona wrote:should having two tabs open running different games with Ajax Bob on cause any problems? It certainly seems a lot less responsive...

Nope - it will be running it independantly... obviously if you're playing both games at the same time then they will fight for resources to run each other...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

fog of war games

Postby chirag on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 am

I don't know, how you will be able to do this... if at all. but some useful stats can be figured from the game log in the fog of war games as well... if you can add that. it would beat scrolling up to find out who has how many territories etc...
Sergeant chirag

Postby xmaveric on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:48 pm

The Clock seems to be bugged after it hits the red zone ( < 9 minutes?). It turns red, flashes, but it no longer counts down. Example, it will stay stuck on 8 minutes 40 seconds and just sit there flashing. A refresh updates this, but still doesn't count down.
Corporal xmaveric

Postby hecter on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:25 pm

Bugs out on Conquer Man, and I find it's really slow on Age Of Realms...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Coleman on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:30 am

Yeah, fails epically on Conquer Man.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:59 am

hecter wrote:Bugs out on Conquer Man, and I find it's really slow on Age Of Realms...

Certainly struggles on ConquerMan - so much XML to process...

AOR isn't a problem though - that's a small map in comparison to AOM

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Stoney229 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:15 am

yeti_c wrote:
hecter wrote:Bugs out on Conquer Man, and I find it's really slow on Age Of Realms...

Certainly struggles on ConquerMan - so much XML to process...

AOR isn't a problem though - that's a small map in comparison to AOM

C.

Everything works perfect for me on Conquer man. (as fafr as I can tell). it is slow, though.
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby Coleman on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:36 am

What was happening for me is it does fine with everything except the Conquerman + Diamond + Alien bonuses which it doesn't register at all.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:54 am

Coleman wrote:What was happening for me is it does fine with everything except the Conquerman + Diamond + Alien bonuses which it doesn't register at all.

Game number?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Stoney229 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:18 am

yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:What was happening for me is it does fine with everything except the Conquerman + Diamond + Alien bonuses which it doesn't register at all.

Game number?

C.

Looks like Game 1385858 is the only one he's in. the CMan+D+A bonuses show up for me. Coleman, you know they have to be the same color Alien+Diamond in order to get a bonus, right?
Last edited by Stoney229 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:31 am

BOB wrote:Conquer Man + Red Alien + Diamond (5) Conquer Man + Pink Alien + Diamond (5) Conquer Man + Cyan Alien + Diamond (5)

Seems to work for me...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby arizona on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:02 am

There was some talk of adapting BOB to count remaining territories in Fog of War... Anything come of that? It's not difficult to do, since it's announced at the beginning of every turn, but ...
Lieutenant arizona

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 am

arizona wrote:There was some talk of adapting BOB to count remaining territories in Fog of War... Anything come of that? It's not difficult to do, since it's announced at the beginning of every turn, but ...

Time and effort... Mega busy at work atm.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby arizona on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:58 am

yeti_c wrote:
arizona wrote:There was some talk of adapting BOB to count remaining territories in Fog of War... Anything come of that? It's not difficult to do, since it's announced at the beginning of every turn, but ...

Time and effort... Mega busy at work atm.

C.

OOPS! didn't seem to come across as nagging. Just making sure I hadn't missed an update.

When I said 'it's not difficult to do' I meant 'It's not difficult for me to do on my own.' I was trying to say, it's no big deal, but would be cool if it was there.

Yeti my man, you are the rockinest, sockinest BOBingest programmer out there. Got no idea what I would do without your superb script. Probably flounder even worse than I am.

p.s. Once you've added the FOW stuff, could you program some stuff that handles the strategy aspect for me too. Would love to win more often without, you know, actually being smart.
Lieutenant arizona

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:01 am

No worries - I knew you weren't nagging...

It's easy to code too...

Just a case of having about 30 minutes to do it!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 pm

yeti_c,

While you're in there updating the code could you change the Text Map feature to be like Map Opacity (where it's map specific instead of global). This would REALLY help on maps like Conquer Man and the Age of ... maps.

By default have it set to off for each map, then people could turn it on.

Thanks.

-- Aerial Attack
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby rebelman on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:53 pm

not sure if you can do anything about it but conquer club man and bob create a lovely psychedelic pattern but wow they redefine slow
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:55 pm

If he doesn't load the text map - I think Conquer man would be fine. It's not like there are any continents you need to know about.

The biggest issue with turning off the Text Map is that the Victory Condition (or Objective) still needs to display [for Age of Might/Magic].

-- Aerial Attack
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:25 pm

you dont need text map to show objective, my text map is off and it shows the objectives and who owns them just fine
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:29 am

The problem with ConquerClub is that there are lots of continents...

The army adjustment continents are the problem - there are so many of them - with so many continents...

I'll try and work out some speed ups...

And - yes I agree that turning the Text Map to map specific might be a good idea too...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:55 pm

yeti_c wrote:The problem with ConquerClub is that there are lots of continents...

The army adjustment continents are the problem - there are so many of them - with so many continents...

I'll try and work out some speed ups...

And - yes I agree that turning the Text Map to map specific might be a good idea too...

C.

I just posted this in another thread. Could you on load of BOB - check the XML file size (or at least the # of continents, maybe that could be added as a line at the top of each XML file). Since you are going to change Text Map from global to map specific - if the map's XML file or continents/collections list is too large you turn off the Text Map and disable it for that map.

A good cutoff size would be Age of Merchants. It's darn slow with Standard Text Map (although I like to load the page once with BOB, then turn BOB off and reload to make my moves). Any XML files larger than that get no Text Map.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Conquer Man map slowdown fixes?

Postby Angus Khan on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:21 pm

I too have had my notebook slow to a crawl with BOB and Conquer Man running at the same time. I have 2GB RAM and a fairly high speed dual processor (3.1ghz), but it doesn't seem to matter on that map. And I've figured out that disabling greasemonkey while the map is displayed doesn't work, I have to leave and come back in to truly stop BOB's slowdown.

I tried to load it with Firebug's script analyzer to see what's going on, but it was beyond painfully slow on this machine. Notebooks aren't great speed demons anyway, a desktop machine could probably do it better, but I don't have one handy.

BTW, I NEVER use textmap with BOB so I'm sure that's not what's slowing me down. I've tried turning off map inspect, and stats, but to no avail, it still crawls and kicks my cooling fan into high gear and CPU utilization to about 80% on both of them.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work Yeti, you're the BOBinest.

BTW, did you know that before she married him, Melinda Gates was in charge of Microsoft's defunct BOB project? Now you just need to find a rich billionaire to marry (or even Melinda after she kills Bill) except your BOB is anything but defunct.... ;____)
Sergeant 1st Class Angus Khan

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives