Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby cohiba on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:41 pm

humble ideas & suggestions: (been thinking on these for a bit now... and since its a new year & all, here they are :-D )
1) add some kind of 'highest rank attained' indicator
2) add an area listing 'remaining points needed until promotion/next rank'
3) not sure if this would cause more problems than it would solve, but was thinking of suggesting an option to "drop" from an active game. This might help speed some games up where someone knows they will be gone for an extended period of time and will miss their turns... allowing them to 'surrender' would allow the rest of the game to continue without the usual 24 hr (x 3 days) deadbeat period. Not really a 'BOB' suggestion but tossing it out there nonetheless.
4) this may be FAR too data intensive, but an option to 'record' the game by taking snapshots of each turn. Ideally, it would be locally based (as opposed to server based, to save space) and have an option to 'record' the game by taking snapshots between each turn. This would allow people to look 'graphically' at what happened, but more importantly allow folks to go back and 'study' their gameplay (like watching the 'tape' of your football game from the day before to learn your lessons and improve). A lot of the folks I have had discussions with agree that this could be a very powerful function if feasible.
5) add a 'winning streak' (or in my case recently, a 'losing streak'...lol) tracker
6) could be redundant, but perhaps a 'my losses' section... something that gives the user a 'quick view' of what happened specifically to their army's/territories between turns (i.e. "UserXYZ: 3 armys lost -brazil (2), china (1); 1 territory lost -brazil)

Hope these are helpful!

-Cohiba
Private 1st Class cohiba

Postby neves on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 am

First of all, congratulations on an excellent work yeti_c. ;)

Feature request:

Could it be possible to add a button or link to toggle between: normal game chat / team only / general chat only ?

The idea is to ease the reading of the game chat in team mode.

thanks in advance.
Captain neves

Postby OliverFA on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Maybe this was suggested before, but it would be nice to add the % chance to win a fight. The following thread could be of help:

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=73995

Right now it's not my turn in any game. But as soon as I have a turn to play I will create a fake screenshot about how it would look.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 am

The green number is the probability of defender losing 2 armies, the yellow one is the probability of 1-1 and the red one is the probability of the attacker losing 2 armies

The "auto assault" calculation could be a lot more complicated. But the "assault" calculation is just adding the information in that table:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)#Dice_probabilities
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby magnus_maximus on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 am

The java script Help File in BOB 4.7.1 is pointing to a broken link:

http://www.hometag.net/downloads/CC/BOB/help_4.6.1.htm

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've uninstalled and reloaded BOB to confirm it's not a corrupted install and have experienced it on 2 different machines / instances of Firefox (version 3.05).

Also, does anyone have access to the help file somewhere - perhaps you downloaded it and kept it?
"All mankind is in a perpetual and restless desire for power... that ceases only in death." Hobbes
Captain magnus_maximus

Postby cicero on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 am

magnus_maximus wrote:Help ... in BOB 4.7.1 is pointing to a broken link.

Apologies, now fixed.

[My hosting had lapsed. Now renewed.]

Cicero :)
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby djak. on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:05 am

No one in the bug thread has recently mentioned getting continuous "Initializing BOB" message without it ever starting, so it's probably my setup. Can someone please point me to an old version I can install?
Lieutenant djak.

Postby Jinks on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 am

Hi, I apologise if this has already been brought up, but I dont have time to read 109 pages.

On my old computer I used this script, and it had a small toolbar on the bottom right hand side of the page, next to the greasemonkey face, showing the games I was in and whether or not they were playable.

I have just installed BOB on my new computer and that toolbar is not there, has it been removed from the script, or is there a setting I need to change to get it to show?
Corporal 1st Class Jinks

Postby lancehoch on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Are you sure that this is a BOB bug? I believe that you are talking about ConquerTell, the turn notifier.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Jinks on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm

The BOB script is the only one I have ever used, it is running right now on my other comp, showing that toolbar. Maybe the newer updates dont have it added.
Corporal 1st Class Jinks

Postby lancehoch on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 pm

There is no Firefox toolbar associated with BOB. Go to Tools > Add-ons and list what appears in that window.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Jinks on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:19 pm

:?

I actually think I have gone insane. It would appear I did have the conquertell script as well, although I don't remember installing it.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Corporal 1st Class Jinks

Postby Tisha on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:32 pm

when did the amount of armies move to after the territory names on my action bar? :-s

i updated firefox today :?
Major Tisha

Postby djak. on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Tisha wrote:when did the amount of armies move to after the territory names on my action bar? :-s

That's lack, not BOB: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1836227#p1836227
Lieutenant djak.

Postby Tisha on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:47 pm

djak. wrote:
Tisha wrote:when did the amount of armies move to after the territory names on my action bar? :-s

That's lack, not BOB: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1836227#p1836227

actually it's not lackattack.. i'm talking about the action bar on BOB, and the order the drop down menus are in.. not the number of armies in the dropdown menu
Major Tisha

Postby lancehoch on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 am

Tisha, lack did some tinkering today and moved the order of the dropdown menus.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Tisha on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 am

lancehoch wrote:Tisha, lack did some tinkering today and moved the order of the dropdown menus.

why would that affect the bob action bar?

the link that djak. posted didn't say anything about the order of the dropdowns being changed.. did it?
Major Tisha

Postby BrotherWolf on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:35 am

Hope this is the right thread....

Supermax Prison Riot
I'm currently playing this map and on the right where BOB lists the bonuses it only gives the amount needed for that bonus. eg 7 La Cosa Nostra (4). It says this whether I have 7,8 or 9 (inc leader) would it be possible to change this so that I know how many of each gang a player has? I attacked one guy thinking it would reduce the bonus only to find out BOB doesn't include the extra gang members over the ones needed to make the bonus.

I hope that makes sense. What I need is BOB to show how many of each gang a player has, not just how many to get a bonus.

BTW, BOB is great
Sergeant 1st Class BrotherWolf

Postby danalan on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:32 pm

I'd be lost without BOB, but I've got an improvement I'd like to see. I've really come to rely on the Continent overview to help me plan my strategy, but I find myself struggling to do that in games with an objective. I appreciate the Objective summary, but what I'd really like would be an Objective overview -- working like the Continent overview, but lighting up the Objective when you hover over it.
http://flippingout.tumblr.com http://bitterrootbrakes.blogspot.com Best Score: 2564, Colonel. Ranked #223
Wondering about my Avatar? It's a Bullet Ant.
Cadet danalan

Postby yeti_c on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 pm

danalan wrote:I'd be lost without BOB, but I've got an improvement I'd like to see. I've really come to rely on the Continent overview to help me plan my strategy, but I find myself struggling to do that in games with an objective. I appreciate the Objective summary, but what I'd really like would be an Objective overview -- working like the Continent overview, but lighting up the Objective when you hover over it.

There is an objective summary later on in the page - if you click the objectives then you will be shown their contents.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby danalan on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 am

yeti_c wrote:
danalan wrote:I'd be lost without BOB, but I've got an improvement I'd like to see. I've really come to rely on the Continent overview to help me plan my strategy, but I find myself struggling to do that in games with an objective. I appreciate the Objective summary, but what I'd really like would be an Objective overview -- working like the Continent overview, but lighting up the Objective when you hover over it.

There is an objective summary later on in the page - if you click the objectives then you will be shown their contents.

C.
I see the objective summary, but I don't see where to click to light up the objective.
http://flippingout.tumblr.com http://bitterrootbrakes.blogspot.com Best Score: 2564, Colonel. Ranked #223
Cadet danalan

Postby yeti_c on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm

danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.
I see the objective summary, but I don't see where to click to light up the objective.

Click on the name of the Objective... this functionality is available throughout the data - click on stuff and you will be taken to the Map and shown the contents/territory/player etc.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby danalan on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:23 am

yeti_c wrote:
danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Click on the name of the Objective... this functionality is available throughout the data - click on stuff and you will be taken to the Map and shown the contents/territory/player etc.

C.

Are you saying that I have to hover/click on each element of an objective separately? I just don't see anything in BOB to do with the objective other than the objective summary. What I'm missing is someplace where I can click/hover and visualize the objective.
Cadet danalan

Postby yeti_c on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

C.

Are you saying that I have to hover/click on each element of an objective separately? I just don't see anything in BOB to do with the objective other than the objective summary. What I'm missing is someplace where I can click/hover and visualize the objective.

Click the name of the Objective...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:04 am

yeti_c wrote:
danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
danalan wrote:
yeti_c wrote:There is an objective summary later on in the page - if you click the objectives then you will be shown their contents.

C.

C.

Click the name of the Objective...

C.

Apologies - I've just checked this - and this doesn't seem to work... well it doesn't on Oasis anyway...

I'll add it to the list of stuff to do!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives