Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AJAX BOB 4.6.5 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 am

VERSION : 4.7.1

NEW FEATURES : Auto BOB

Defaults to On - but if set to Off - doesnt start BOB on load of every game.
To Load BOB click "Start BOB" in the top right hand corner (where you can change the map size/colourblind & refresh)

FIXED :

Neutral Elminations breaking log parsing.
Terminology of Column Headings (Please tell me if I've missed any)
NaN Score Summary errors (thanks yowzer)

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 am

So turning Auto BOB off is intended to make super long game load faster, correct? Am I understanding that right, and then I can turn it on if need be using the link up at the top?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

Optimus Prime wrote:So turning Auto BOB off is intended to make super long game load faster, correct? Am I understanding that right, and then I can turn it on if need be using the link up at the top?

Yep - that's one thing - or for those speed freaks who just want into the game straight up without any stats...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby bazmac on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Yeti C, I've been using your script for some time now , and as you know it's great, but since I uploaded your latest version my screen freezes sometimes while bob is creating stats, if I quit firefox and reload it works fine but then will freeze later on, is it me or something else, cheers bazmac
Corporal bazmac

Postby OliverFA on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:15 pm

I have a new suggestion for BOB: Add a way to track truces and alliances.

Add a new Menu option called "truces" or something like that. In that menu, you have one checkbox for each player. If you check the box for that player and then attack that player, a message box will warn you and prevent you from doing it. If you really wish to attack the player and betray him, you need to uncheck him first.
Private OliverFA

Postby jbuckley34 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Correct me if im wrong, but i thought truces and alliances were not so Kosher or smiled upon? I dont really know, i just know a couple of years ago when i asked for one out loud in game chat, everybody seemed to jump on me for it. Is it expected or accepted by most, i know that at times it seems VERY necessary to form an alliance or truce to get whom ever the biggest player at the time is, under control, but people tend to complain and such when i have seen it occur. ????????? #-o
You better recognize BISH!!!!!!
Corporal jbuckley34

Postby homes32 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:55 am

jbuckley34 wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but i thought truces and alliances were not so Kosher or smiled upon? I dont really know, i just know a couple of years ago when i asked for one out loud in game chat, everybody seemed to jump on me for it. Is it expected or accepted by most, i know that at times it seems VERY necessary to form an alliance or truce to get whom ever the biggest player at the time is, under control, but people tend to complain and such when i have seen it occur. ????????? #-o

truces and alliances are perfectly acceptable according to the game rules. everyone has their own opinion as to if/when they are appropriate in a game. It really just depends on who you are playing with and the reason for / extent of the truce but that is a discussion for another thread.
-homes32

Highest Score: 1850
Lieutenant homes32

Postby Blobby on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Yesterday I installed the latest version of BOB, and ever since, the picture sharpness is dreadful, It is hard to make out some of the numbers on the maps, i.e. 3s and 8s are too blurry to distinguish.
When I click to take the turn, for that second, the sharpness returns, but once I have finished the turn, the blurrisness returns.

Can anyone help please?

B
If you want me, come and get me....
Colonel Blobby

Postby xvzinjvx on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Personally, I always prefer everything "scrollable" and I was going to edit the script for my personal use, but I was wondering would that be something people would like yeti_c to implement?
Corporal xvzinjvx

Postby lancehoch on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Actually, I tend to be the same way. yeti, could you possibly code a way to select, within the View Options menu, whether the stats and the text map are scrollable? If not, could you possibly post a few lines of code that would have the default be scrollable and let us know where to put them into the script?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 am

Certainly...

Search for the following on approx line 5990

Code: Select all
   stopWaiting();
    cc_log("Done after request");         
    }}); // END Map Get response Function

and add
Code: Select all
showMoreTextMap();showMoreStats();

above it.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lancehoch on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:23 am

Thanks yeti, that worked perfectly.

EDIT: Just noticed that when I type something into the gamechat, the statistics table reverts to the fixed state, but the link still says "fixed statistics", then when I click it it switches to saying "scrollable statistics", then I clicked it again and it switched to "fixed statistics" again and actually changed to a scrollable table. (Sorry if this is getting too complex for an easy fix.)
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby cohiba on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 pm

what about a simple feature addition like this?

In the "My Games" section, allow the names of listed opponents to show in their 'game color'. In other words, when Im in a game Im 'blue' (for example) and my opponent is 'green'. It would be nice to have the same color view when looking at the game list. (currently, they are all the same blue color usually associated with hyperlinks)
Private 1st Class cohiba

Postby yeti_c on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:34 pm

cohiba wrote:what about a simple feature addition like this?

In the "My Games" section, allow the names of listed opponents to show in their 'game color'. In other words, when Im in a game Im 'blue' (for example) and my opponent is 'green'. It would be nice to have the same color view when looking at the game list. (currently, they are all the same blue color usually associated with hyperlinks)

Not a bad suggestion!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cohiba on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:31 pm

woot!
Private 1st Class cohiba

Postby Zemljanin on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 pm

yeti, may I remind you of something almost forgotten?

Several months ago you made a change - statistics list started to show all players (including already eliminated).
Some people have been very unsatisfied with that change. You were very surprised, but we understood (or at least I did) that you're going to give us the choice about that option in some of the next versions. However, right after that version, we had few forced updates (updates addressed only specific bugs), so eventually the whole issue got forgotten...

It seems as a very simple intervention, so would you please put that on your TO DO list?
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Can you make the HUD be off when you view a game you're eliminated in or is over, even if you have it turned on as your during turn view? Or just when it's not your turn?
Major Night Strike

Current Points available - live feed

Postby celeryuk on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Concise description:
  • BOB to show current potential points haul

Specifics:
  • Would be good if BOB showed how many points you would win if you won the game right there and then.
    Of course, often you might be "counting your chickens" but it would be a fun thing to add and it probably quite easy to add given that BOB works it out immediately at the end of the game.

Might also spur you on to try and win in you knew that 200+ points were up for grabs.

Maybe a game starts with 7 cooks and you (Sargeant) then as the weeks roll by those Cooks become Corporals and you drop to a cook - suddenly this game matters etc...

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Adds a fun feature to BOB
Last edited by celeryuk on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal celeryuk

Re: Current Points available - live feed

Postby Stephan Wayne on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:31 pm

for one this is not in the right format
2: it problem should not be here
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby celeryuk on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:37 pm

1. I have correct the format sorry. Hope you are now able to read it
2. I thought this was a suggestions forum. Where do you suggest I post suggestions?
Corporal celeryuk

Postby Stephan Wayne on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:41 pm

celeryuk wrote:1. I have correct the format sorry. Hope you are now able to read it
2. I thought this was a suggestions forum. Where do you suggest I post suggestions?

it seems like this should go with BOB somewere
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby lancehoch on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm

It should and will as soon as cicero or a global mod sees the thread.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 am

celeryuk wrote:Concise description:
  • BOB to show current potential points haul

Specifics:
  • Would be good if BOB showed how many points you would win if you won the game right there and then.
    Of course, often you might be "counting your chickens" but it would be a fun thing to add and it probably quite easy to add given that BOB works it out immediately at the end of the game.

Might also spur you on to try and win in you knew that 200+ points were up for grabs.

Maybe a game starts with 7 cooks and you (Sargeant) then as the weeks roll by those Cooks become Corporals and you drop to a cook - suddenly this game matters etc...

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Adds a fun feature to BOB

This isn't possible I'm afraid...

It has been discussed many times - but essentially the information isn't available to do it.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Just had a random thought - would it be possible to extract the map inspect feature for cards/spoils to be a separate menu option? It would be nice to be able to turn it on for the cards only...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 am

MrBenn wrote:Just had a random thought - would it be possible to extract the map inspect feature for cards/spoils to be a separate menu option? It would be nice to be able to turn it on for the cards only...

No!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives