Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB Bugs

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Timminz wrote:I just took a couple turns in some team games, and Bob was not quite working properly. Hovering the mouse over "Team 2" does not highlight that team on the map. It works for Team 1, and for all players, individually, but not for Team 2, as a whole.

Edit to add - it happened in Game 5842411, and Game 5842432, but none of my other games seem affected.

Thanks for noticing, the name 'A-Team' is causing it (BOB checks for 'Team' somewhere, and if it finds enough, it stops searching). I'll change the behaviour in the next version.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Timminz on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:28 pm

sherkaner wrote:
Timminz wrote:I just took a couple turns in some team games, and Bob was not quite working properly. Hovering the mouse over "Team 2" does not highlight that team on the map. It works for Team 1, and for all players, individually, but not for Team 2, as a whole.

Edit to add - it happened in Game 5842411, and Game 5842432, but none of my other games seem affected.

Thanks for noticing, the name 'A-Team' is causing it (BOB checks for 'Team' somewhere, and if it finds enough, it stops searching). I'll change the behaviour in the next version.

Neat!

Captain Timminz

Postby MeanestBossEver on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 am

BOB has stopped working for me on all maps and all games. It just keeps loading. I've tried uninstalling and reinstall with no success. Any suggestions?
Major MeanestBossEver

Postby Dako on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:49 am

Timminz wrote:
sherkaner wrote:

Neat!

Oh no, this comic made be cry! Aaaa, so perfect.
Colonel Dako

Postby Dako on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 am

Timminz wrote:
sherkaner wrote:

Neat!

Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am

Dako wrote:
Timminz wrote:
sherkaner wrote:

Neat!

If you like this one you should check out all of xkcd. It's fabulous. :) Here's my personal favorite: http://xkcd.com/325/ (Make sure to read the tooltip joke, too!)

I laugh so hard that I cry.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby chipv on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Locked with permission. Please use the Main BOB Thread
Captain chipv

Postby tekija on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:19 am

does not go beyond" parsing XML"
Major tekija

Postby ender516 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:31 pm

It looks like this topic got unlocked during the reorganization that occurred with the introduction of the Tech Team. I will be relocking this after this post, and further questions should go to the main BOB forum topic.

But while I'm here, the quick answer for most BOB problems is to make sure you have the latest version of BOB. As the Conquer Club site adds features, BOB needs changes to match.

To know if you have an out-of-date BOB, ook at your BOB Menu. If the last item is blinking and says Update Available, then click it. The latest version available is 4.10.6, which you should be able to see in small print beside the BOB Menu title. (That's also a clicky which takes you to the main BOB forum topic mentioned above.)

BOB updates have been having minor problems lately, so if it doesn't seem to install, then try this link: http://www.mdn.fm/files/93673_idgpq/conquer_club_-_bob.user.js.

Other quick fixes can include refreshing the page with F5, or with control-F5 (which, I believe, defeats cached information so old stuff gets swept out of the way), or disabling and reenabling BOB or all of GreaseMonkey (right-click the GreaseMonkey icon at the bottom right of your screen and click the appropriate menu item(s) to set and clear the checkmarks).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Previous

Return to Tool Archives