Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby General Mayhem on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:02 am

In firefox 3 beta, ive just updated to latest bob and the stats arent showing at all?
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 am

General Mayhem wrote:In firefox 3 beta, ive just updated to latest bob and the stats arent showing at all?

FF3 BETA is not supported.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby General Mayhem on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:08 am

oh bugger :(. worked before though? can i get the old bob somewhere?
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:10 am

General Mayhem wrote:oh bugger :(. worked before though? can i get the old bob somewhere?

Old BOB won't work...

Have you got version 4.3.6 of BOB? - it might help...

Can you also try doing a CTRL F5 on a game to see if that helps...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby General Mayhem on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:15 am

4.2.1.6 works in ff beta 3 on mac os x.

but the update still doesnt work. i'll stick with 4.2.16 for now.

whats control f5 do?
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:19 am

General Mayhem wrote:4.2.1.6 works in ff beta 3 on mac os x.

whats control f5 do?

4.2.16 - that's a BETA BOB - not a publicly released BOB?! (And is the same as 4.3.1) - Whilst I don't mind people downloading the BETA BOB's - there are a few things that you need to be aware of when you do!!!

CTRL F5 does a full update of the page - ensuring all items are downloaded again.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby General Mayhem on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:22 am

yeti_c wrote:
General Mayhem wrote:4.2.1.6 works in ff beta 3 on mac os x.

whats control f5 do?

4.2.16 - that's a BETA BOB - not a publicly released BOB?! (And is the same as 4.3.1) - Whilst I don't mind people downloading the BETA BOB's - there are a few things that you need to be aware of when you do!!!

CTRL F5 does a full update of the page - ensuring all items are downloaded again.

C.

Sorry yeti. just i cant find a public release 4.3.1 It still worked for me.
Can you send me the previous version. Id rather have a stable public one than the beta.
Last edited by General Mayhem on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 am

wicked wrote:
General Mayhem wrote:
wicked wrote:
yeti_c wrote:New Menu Option = Full Log - Turn this on for all game links to load Full logs on load...
C.

Uhh, the partial game logs were done for a reason, to ease the database strain. Why are you putting in something to circumvent this when it was put in for a specific reason?

im no expert on th is stuff but isnt it good for people to have an option to see the full game history? perhaps as long as its turned off once viewed?

Of course the full log is available at any time. I was asking about something different. I won't try to understand it now, but it seems to defeat the purpose of having partial logs in the first place if people can opt out of it.

I will have a word with Lack about this - hopefully we can come up with a plan that avoids the need to download all of the Log everytime...

(The log processing is one of the slowest parts of the script too - although I have speed ups for in game processing - initial load is still slow and I can't do anything about it - ideally I would like to not process the Log at all...)

(I have a few ideas - but these changes were all done in a bit of a rush to get BOB back up and running...)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby clapper011 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:08 am

my bob is freezing up my browser/game loading. I get an error saying :log downloading error-please refresh your browser...but as soon as i do and i try to take that turn(battle royal game only) it freezes up all over again and i get white pages..even booted me out of chat a few times last night.
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:11 am

clapper011 wrote:my bob is freezing up my browser/game loading. I get an error saying :log downloading error-please refresh your browser...but as soon as i do and i try to take that turn(battle royal game only) it freezes up all over again and i get white pages..even booted me out of chat a few times last night.

When the games load - then it will take a while to load the log...

I guess the Battle Royale is gonna be a big big log - and it struggles to download that one...

If you enable "Full Log" then enter the BR via My games - then it will work.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby clapper011 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:19 am

k thanks. i will try that!
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

hving BOB problems

Postby jpliberty on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 am

I have the latest version of BOB and am having problems with it...maybe nothing major, but I want to make sure everything is ok.

I keep getting a blinking red Update Available...this happened to me on the previous version of BOB as well. If I click that to install the update, the blinking red doesn't go away unless I go to another page first, then it says I have the latest version installed. However, when I log back in later, the blinking red Update Available notice is back.

I have tried uninstalling the previous version first, then installing the update, same problems.

Perhaps BOB is part of the conspiracy to bust me down to cook and/or slowly drive me crazy?
Lieutenant jpliberty

Postby lulita on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:33 am

please i need the 4.3.1 version, i cant find a public release 4.3.1. in the version 4.3.6 map inspect, stats, and the other stuff arent working for me anymore.
please somebody help me :(

thanks

sorry for my english :D
Sergeant 1st Class lulita

Re: hving BOB problems

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:36 am

jpliberty wrote:I have the latest version of BOB and am having problems with it...maybe nothing major, but I want to make sure everything is ok.

I keep getting a blinking red Update Available...this happened to me on the previous version of BOB as well. If I click that to install the update, the blinking red doesn't go away unless I go to another page first, then it says I have the latest version installed. However, when I log back in later, the blinking red Update Available notice is back.

I have tried uninstalling the previous version first, then installing the update, same problems.

Perhaps BOB is part of the conspiracy to bust me down to cook and/or slowly drive me crazy?

No no - it's more like that everytime you come onto the site there is a new BOB - Over the last 2 days there have been 5 updates (due to Lack changing the log system)

Once you have installed the script - you will need to refresh that page for the new script to be loaded... Note the small version number in Blue... it's at 4.3.6 at the moment.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 am

lulita wrote:please i need the 4.3.1 version, i cant find a public release 4.3.1. in the version 4.3.6 map inspect, stats, and the other stuff arent working for me anymore.
please somebody help me :(

thanks

sorry for my english :D

4.3.1 will not work with the current Log system...

Do you have Firefox 3 BETA? if so - then I suggest you uninstall and get Firefox 2 instead.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:44 am

Firefox 3 beta 3 has a bug in it...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381357

Which *should* be fixed before full release...

I *might* be able to code round it...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lulita on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:59 am

i had problems with the version of ffox, now works fine, thank you :D
Sergeant 1st Class lulita

Postby jbeaver on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:21 am

ERROR: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

script works, then it doesn't work, then it works again and then it doesn't work again and so on :)
Colonel jbeaver

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:42 am

jbeaver wrote:ERROR: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

script works, then it doesn't work, then it works again and then it doesn't work again and so on :)

I suspect that you are trying to click the "view entire log" button before the script has finished running up front...

I suggest that you don't.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Kemmler on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 am

yeti, it still doesn't work for me.
Cook Kemmler

Postby yeti_c on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:50 am

Kemmler wrote:yeti, it still doesn't work for me.

Do you have
a) the latest version (4.3.6)
b) more than one version installed?
c) Firefox 3

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jbeaver on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:03 pm

yeti_c wrote:
jbeaver wrote:ERROR: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

I suspect that you are trying to click the "view entire log" button before the script has finished running up front...

C.

i didn't
Colonel jbeaver

Postby Kemmler on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 pm

yeti_c wrote:

Do you have
c) Firefox 3

C.

Nope, none of that
Cook Kemmler

Redemption Values for Cards Incorrect

Postby glide on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Redemption Value wrong: game 1968757.....players are seemingly getting the correct amount for sets turned in, but the amount shown for "next redemption" is wrong. Last set was for 35 I believe, yet it shows 12. No biggie, just thought I would point that out. It's now happening in many of my games.......and yes, I have the latest version installed.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Corporal glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Stoney229 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Kemmler wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

Do you have
c) Firefox 3

C.

Nope, none of that

Then install the latest version of BOB... 4.3.6
Score: 1739
Games: 88 Completed, 52 (59%) Won
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

PreviousNext